12th February 2015, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study BCA after completing 12th Commerce with Computer Application?

Dear Sir,

After 10th i have opted for Commerce with Computer Application so i wanted to know can i go with BCA after 12th as i have choosen Commerce with Computer Application as a compulsory subject.

13th February 2015, 11:33 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BCA after completing 12th Commerce with Computer Application?

Yes, you can definitely go with BCA after 12th even if you have taken commerce with computer applications. Although some colleges have fixed their eligibility criteria for bca course as one should have passed 12th Witt science having computers as a subject, most of the colleges are open to any stream. Hence there is nothing to worry, you need to give entrance exam to get admission in good institutes while for others the admission will based on the performance in 10+2 level.
13th February 2015, 12:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BCA after completing 12th Commerce with Computer Application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,

After 10th i have opted for Commerce with Computer Application so i wanted to know can i go with BCA after 12th as i have choosen Commerce with Computer Application as a compulsory subject.
Yes, 12th standard commerce subject are eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.

List of the best college for BCA course:-

Indian Institute of Management & Commerece (IIMC) ,Hyderabad

Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS) ,Bangalore

Prestige Institute of Management and Research ,Indore

Apeejay Institute of Management ,Jalandhar

Aryans Group of Colleges (AGC) ,Chandigarh

JK Business School (JKBS) ,Gurgaon

Indian Academy Group of Institutions ,Bangalore

IndraPrastha College of Management and Technology (ICMT) ,Jodhpur

Lovely Professional University ,Jalandhar
13th February 2015, 10:32 PM
coolshaaz

Yes, you can study BCA after completing your 12th in Commerce with Computer Application.

Eligibility:

1. Candidates should have passed the 12th examination from any recognized University.

2. Candidates must have a minimum of 45% marks.

3. Candidates must have passed in the subjects such as English and Maths in their Class 12.
14th February 2015, 12:39 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue BCA course, even if you have chosen Computer Application subject in your 12th standard. That's because any candidate who has completed his 12th standard from any stream are eligible to join in BCA course. So, there is no need to worry about this issue. You will definitely get admission in BCA course.
14th February 2015, 01:48 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible for doing BCA course even because Arts students can do the same.

Generally for admission in BCA course, one needs to have studied Mathematics in his/her +2 academic years and should have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate in HS.

However there are many Institutions providing admissions to students in BCA course without Mathematics in their +2 and and without any marks restrictions, eg. IGNOU, Manipal University, Amity University, etc.

Fee structure is never the same in any two Institutes, it totally depends upon the type of University you are pursuing your degree in.

And as you have not specified any Institutes name, therefore is it quite difficult to give the fees details for every Institutes which provides BCA course.

However, below I am mentioning the fees structure of BCA in various educational forms that is generally applied.

Government BCA colleges: Rs. 12,000 - Rs. 20,000 per semester.

Private Colleges: Rs. 40,000 - Rs. 50,000 per semester.

Deemed University: Rs. 30,000 - Rs. 40,000 per semester.

Note: The fee structure mentioned above is only an estimation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?