15th April 2018, 06:11 AM
Anamika_bhandari

Can I apply for CDS entrance exam if completed Graduation 2 years ago being a 24 years old candidate?

Hello everyone, I am 24 years of age. I have completed my Graduation 2 years ago. I want to apply in CDS entrance exam. So, I am eligible tor not for applying in this entrance exam? Please let me know immediately.

23rd April 2018, 09:31 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CDS entrance exam if completed Graduation 2 years ago being a 24 years old candidate?

Yes, you can apply for CDS entrance examination even if you have completed Graduation course 2 years ago being a 24 years old candidate. To be eligible to appear in CDS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university. You should be an unmarried male candidate in the age range of 19 to 24 years. You should be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification. Since, you have passed graduation course and being a 24 years old candidate, you are eligible to apply for CDS examination.
23rd April 2018, 09:21 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CDS entrance exam if completed Graduation 2 years ago being a 24 years old candidate?

The full form of CDS is Combined Defence Services. The age limit for different academies of CDS:

Indian Naval academy: 19-22 years.

Indian Air Force Academy: 19-23 years.

Indian Military academy; 19-24 years.

Officer's training Academy: 19-25 years.

You can apply for CDS exam but you will be eligible for OTA only. Notification for CDS II is yet to be released.
23rd April 2018, 11:59 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year. The examination is conducted for recruitment in defence services ( Air Force, Navy, Army and OTA).

The age limit to appear for OTA is 19-25 years. So, now you are eligible to appear for OTA.

There is no limitation on discipline and aggregate of bachelor degree to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB.

For more details about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th April 2018, 01:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

CDS ( Combined Defence Service ) and the examination is conducted for recruitment in defence service.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Air Force :- Age limit is 19-23 years and bachelor degree in technology.

Navy :- 19-22 years and bachelor degree in technology.

Army :- 19-24 years and bachelor degree in any discipline.

OTA :- 19-25 years and bachelor degree in any discipline.

So, you are eligible to appear for recruitment in OTA. The examination is conducted in two stages.

For OTA recruitment the written paper consists of only English and General Ability paper.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
26th April 2018, 08:45 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CDS refers to Combined Defense Services and for joining CDS you need to qualify CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in CDS entrance examination being 24 years old then I would like to let you know that you are eligible for appearing CDS entrance examination but for joining its OTA ( Officer's Training Academy ) wing as for other wings the maximum age permissible is 24 years.

For more details regarding CDS entrance examination and its eligibility criteria you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?