11th September 2011, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CET Exam under Karnataka state being not a resident of Karnataka?

if i am not the resident of karnataka can i apply for cet exam under karnataka state?now i live in calcutta so can i apply

Related Questions:
  1. Andhra Pradesh students can write KCET 2015? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET entrance exam? I have not studied in Karnataka but my mother has residential of Karnataka
  3. Am I eligible for karnataka CET examination? I have done my 12th from karnataka and my parents belong to karnataka
  4. What is the eligibility for Karnataka CET
  5. Am I eligible to write the CET of Karnataka after completing diploma in Karnataka while not being a resident of Karnataka?
  6. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET? I'm a resident of mangalore in Karnataka and done schooling(CBSE) from Karnataka. How may I get application form and fee structure?
  7. Fee structure of B.E lateral entry course for non resident Karnataka student? How much rank required to join Government Karnataka Colleges?
  8. Am I eligible to write the CET of Karnataka after completing 12th in Tamilnadu but residing in Karnataka?
  9. Eligibility for other state students to attend the CET exam of Karnataka?
  10. Required criteria to appear for Karnataka CET for the candidates of other than Karnataka state?
  11. How to apply for CET Karnataka and what documents are required for the same?
  12. What is the difference between COMEDK and Karnataka CET?
  13. Can I be eligible for KCET for government seat in MBBS?
  14. What is the eligibility criteria to take up Karnataka CET?
  15. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET(Medical) exam? I've done my 10th from karnataka and want to do my 12th from outside karnataka
  16. For admission in Karnataka Engineering Colleges, Do I need to give Karnataka CET exam or AIEEE is enough? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Eligibility for Diploma CET Karnataka under government quota?
  18. Am I eligible for MD in Ayurveda in Karnataka? I've completed BAMS from Karnataka state
30th October 2011, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for CET Exam under Karnataka state being not a resident of Karnataka?

if i am not a resident of karnataka,i had completed my 2/pu in tamilmani.can i eligible to write the cet
12th November 2011, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for CET Exam under Karnataka state being not a resident of Karnataka?

i am a resident of other state but my mother have completed her studies in karnataka so can i appear for KCET
21st November 2011, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

I belongs to West Bengal. Can I write Kornataka State Engineering Test
11th January 2012, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

i done diploma in karnataka i want to take addimision in karnataka can i take addimision through CET examintion or not without donation. pls reply...
20th January 2012, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

can i write kcet and comedk as i am studying in andra pradesh
10th February 2012, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

How can i apply to kcet or comedk through online?
27th February 2012, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Can I apply for CET Exam under Karnataka state being not a resident of Karnataka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if i am not the resident of karnataka can i apply for cet exam under karnataka state?now i live in calcutta so can i apply
only students having studied in Karnataka for 7 years are eligible for the CET exam
27th February 2012, 11:24 PM
rvidyasagar

Though the date for CET 2012 has been finalised as 3rd and 4th May, the formal notification is yet to be issued. You will get full details in that advt. Please keep visiting the page http://cet.kar.nic.in regularly. The formal advt should be released anytime now.

However, if you go through the CET 2011 notification in the webpage http://cet.kar.nic.in/cet2011/Brochure_files/CET_Manual_Book_11-52.pdf, you will note that a pass in the 12th or 2nd year of PUC is mentioned as the eligibility for all streams. Only the subjects vary for different streams. There is no mention of any particular state, either for 10th or 12th.

So, in my opinion, you are certainly eligible to appear in the CET 2012.

All the best.
29th February 2012, 04:14 PM
rvidyasagar

In continuation of my previous post dated 27th Feb, I wish to inform the interested candidates that the notification for Karnataka CET 2012 has been released today.

You can visit the home page http://cet.kar.nic.in/ and then navigate to your desired page.

They have put a separate button for eligibility clauses. Under this, (http://cet.kar.nic.in/cet2012/eligibility_clauses.pdf), they have classified the eligibility into as many as 15 categories depending upon various conditions to be eligible for govt seats and have also prescribed the requisite documents required to be submitted for each such category.

In essence, if you have not done schooling in Karnataka for seven years, then if you meet the following conditions, then you can stake your claim for the govt seats:

1. either of your parents studied in Karnataka for 7 years.
2. Mother tongue of either parents is Kannada and domicile of Karnataka
3. Your mother tongue is Kannada and you studied at least for 7 years from disputed Karnataka areas
4. Your parent is a defence person and lived in karnataka for one year during your PUC or +1 and +2 studies
5. Children of defence persons who declared a town in Karnataka as home town while joining service
6. Your parent is an employee of Govt of India, Karnataka Govt, PSU and is transferrable and stayed in karnataka at least for one year during PUC or +1 and +2
7. Same as above, but given a declaration of home town in Karnataka
8. Children of MPs from Karnataka
9. Govt servants whose stay outside Karnataka by virtue of posting, their outside stay duration can be added to the stay in Karnataka and the total should reach seven years.
10. Children of J&K migrants
11. You studied outside Karnataka for 10 years, but Kannada was one language

I have put them in a very concise form. Please go through them carefully.

Essentially, it boils down that you have to have a domiciliary status.

From the notification, it appears that there is no online registration, but online seat selection has been provided after the declaration of results.

Several buttons in the home screen are not functional!

All the best.
6th November 2012, 07:53 AM
Unregistered

I m frm andhra pradesh.i didnt studied in karnataka.now i am compltng my inter 2nd year.i complted my entire studies in A.P only.my parents also studied in A.P only.now can i write k-cet exam?
23rd February 2014, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

iam studying in andra pradesh but now i want to write my 2 CET in karnataka for that what i want todo please tell me.
10th March 2014, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

I have studied 12th Std in Doha Qatar. What is the procedure to get a seat in a private Engineering College in Karnataka?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?