29th December 2009, 11:17 AM
sathya.rm2009

Jobs after MA Population studies? Can I do direct PhD in this field?

I have completed MA Population studies and if i do the direct PhD in this field shall i get the job in and around Coimbatore or otherwise can i get the job now with this qualification. In UG i have completed BSc Statistics

24th January 2010, 04:55 PM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

Default Re: Jobs after MA Population studies? Can I do direct PhD in this field?

you can applyteaching line for more colleges and largest university
25th January 2010, 07:26 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Jobs after MA Population studies? Can I do direct PhD in this field?

The MA in Population Studies (Research Methodology) is designed to provide students with training in research methods alongside substantive issues in population studies – both in the contemporary world and in the past.

Programme Structure
The Research Methodology pathway is designed to provide students with the necessary research skills for further postgraduate research and is recommended for any student who wishes to carry on with further research on completion of the MA.
26th January 2010, 10:06 AM
Senior Member+++

yes you can have job now also and also in my opinion you should do phd that will enhance your knowledge in this field and then go for a job
26th January 2010, 02:18 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Good combination of subjects.

You have various job oppurtunities specially in govrnment sector.

You can join Indian statistical services,Indian civil services,Indian economical services etc.

There is also good job oppurtunity after completing P.hd in the same,you can join a lecturership at any college,institute in india,you can also carried out your career in research field and many.

If you want to work in a particular state then go for state public service commission,state civil service commission etc.

Best of luck
28th January 2010, 07:44 PM
Senior Member+++

you can apply teaching line i other universities and colleges
30th January 2010, 05:10 PM
mukilan

good job opportunity for u in govt sector.....
there s a good universityofferin this course
5th March 2010, 09:48 AM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

Hiii.....
There is very good scope in population studies and after doing Phd you can get lecturer job in any college.......
5th March 2010, 05:15 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

there are wide carreer in this field, you can go for teching line in government schools and Population Studies offers opportunities to work with international aid agencies like USAID, population Council, Ford Foundation UNFPA,Care etc.
28th July 2010, 11:28 PM

i have completed MA population studies with BSC(MPC) can i get any opportunities to work with international agencies
3rd December 2010, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

iam doing Ma Population s can get job in UNO
27th December 2010, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

i completed Ph.D. From Population Geography and i m working as gis analyst should i get job in population research center. i have approx 4 years ex. in gis? If yes then how i will get job there please suggest me.
5th January 2011, 02:09 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Red face Re: Jobs after MA Population studies? Can I do direct PhD in this field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya.rm2009 View Post
I have completed MA Population studies and if i do the direct PhD in this field shall i get the job in and around Coimbatore or otherwise can i get the job now with this qualification. In UG i have completed BSc Statistics
Dear friend,
Some of the colleges allow direct phd without SET/NET exem,contact with those institute...
29th April 2011, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

I possess M.phil in Population Studies and desperately searching for any NGO/INGOs where I could work !! Teaching in school after perusing M.Phil degree is making me frustrated . Dream for PHD has also lost somewhere due to such unemployment situation of the country !!!!
29th May 2011, 08:28 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

The MA in Population Studies (Research Methodology) is designed to provide students with training in research methods alongside substantive issues in population studies – both in the contemporary world and in the past.

Programme Structure
The Research Methodology pathway is designed to provide students with the necessary research skills for further postgraduate research and is recommended for any student who wishes to carry on with further research on completion of the MA.
17th June 2011, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

i have completed MA Population studies but iam working in medical and health in ap should i get job in uno
5th July 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

after ma wht can i do for govt.job
8th July 2011, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

I have done M.A. in Population Studies, can I do Ph.D Directly or do I have to write any Entrance for that?
Please mail me the answer to E-Mail Address : [email protected]
5th September 2011, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

plase tell me that which jobs we can apply after doing master in population ?
29th December 2011, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

What is the job scope after MA in Population Science?
15th March 2012, 04:23 PM
kaveribiswas

You can join Indian statistical services,Indian civil services,Indian economical services etc.

There is also good job oppurtunity after completing P.hd in the same,you can join a lecturership at any college,institute in india

Good luck................
15th March 2012, 04:29 PM
kaveribiswas

There is also good job oppurtunity after completing P.hd in the same,you can join a lecturership at any college,institute in india

Good luck................
29th August 2012, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

WHERE CAN I GET A JOB IN NAMIBIA AFTER DOING POPULATION STUDIES?
29th August 2013, 05:49 AM
Unregistered

hi I am doing an honors degree in population studies at UNAM, which I am growing to love but are there really good job opportunities for this degree in Namibia....
29th April 2014, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

hi i am an msc in mathematics. if i clear ugc net in population studies can i get a job of lecturer of mathematics?
9th April 2015, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me that which jobs i can apply after doing ma in population studies?
20th December 2015, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me that which jobs i can apply after doing ma in population studies?
7th August 2017, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Now I am BSW (bachelor of social work) student in visva Bharati University. After BSW which course I do MSW(master of social work)? Or other course? Please, suggest me for other better course for better opportunity.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?