10th September 2012, 04:30 PM
gopi1823

Can I apply for government job after doing part time B.Tech? Can I apply for IES and IPS exam

i am doing part time b.tech. Can i apply for all govt job and can i apply IES and IPS exam's

6th August 2013, 12:34 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for government job after doing part time B.Tech? Can I apply for IES and IPS exam

You can apply for any of the public sector jobs (matching), if studied B.Tech from any of the recognized institutes. In order to apply for IES/ESE exam, you should have completed engineering in any of the streams of mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electronics engineering, or electrical engineering. ESE exam can be taken in any of the above mentioned subjects. Graduates in any subjects are eligible to apply for IPS. Upper age limit to apply for IPS is 30 years.
7th August 2013, 10:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for government job after doing part time B.Tech? Can I apply for IES and IPS exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi1823 View Post
i am doing part time b.tech. Can i apply for all govt job and can i apply IES and IPS exam's
You have completed Part time in B-Tech degree so you can apply for govt jobs but your degree must be recognized .Some central govt organization can not consider part time degree .

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination .

If you have completed B-Tech / BE OR M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also applicable for IES exam.

You are in final year of instrumentation engineering branch so you are applicable for IES exam.

But you should write your written exam in below departments .So you can choose any department from given below-

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate as per govt rule .

IPS stands for Indian Police service.IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam .

The minimum educational qualifications required for IPS exam is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.Not required any percentage marks in graduation degree .

Final year student are applicable for IPS Exam.

Your age should be in between 21-30 years for general candidate.Age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.Also you must be citizen of India.

Quote:
If your B-Tech degree is recognized then you are applicable for IPS and IES exam .
For more information about IES and IPS exam or online application , you can also visit http://upsc.gov.in

8th August 2013, 01:32 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

If your Graduation ( Part Time - B.Tech) course recognized by govt of India to eligible for all govt jobs other wise not eligible

IPS Stands Indian Police Service

It is one of the civil services , it is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year

IPS Eligibility :

Candidates must be Indian

Candidates should have Degree in any stream from a recognized University

Candidates age limit between 21 to 30 years

The upper age relaxation as per govt rules

Number of Attempts :

General Candidates : 4 times

OBC Candidates : 7 times

SC/ST Candidates : No Limit

Selection Process :

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

IES Stands Indian Engineering Service

IES Eligibility :

Candidates must be Indian

Candidates should be complete Graduation in (Engineering) in any one following stream

Electrical Engineering

Electronics & Communication Engineering

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

PG (M.Sc) with wireless communication , electronics , radio physics or radio engineering as a special subject is also eligible

Candidates age limit between 21 to 30 years

The upper age relaxation as per govt rules

8th August 2013, 04:17 PM
srikanth2207

Whether you did your degree in pat time or regular.You must passed your degree with above 50% marks.You are eligible to apply for government jobs.
Come into IES Exam.You must have passed your degree in CIVIL,MECH,ECE,,EEE students are only eligble.For IPS which was conducted by UPSC.Where all the B.Tech students are eligible to do IPS.
19th September 2014, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

can I apply for IES andGATE exam's, weather if I studied BE civil engineering in evening collage.please reply me I get confused.
17th March 2015, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

I am doing part time B.E from Aligarh Muslim University. I want to know if I will be eligible for appearing in GATE exam and also for other goverment jobs. Please I need your kind suggestion as I am really confused as to what will happen next !?
6th August 2017, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of BA gen 3rd year.In higher secondary i was read in science stream. Can I eligible for applying wbcs exam???
4th July 2020, 03:20 AM
Unregistered

I want to study BE in civil engineering, can i go for part time course as I am job holder.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?