29th August 2010, 11:18 AM
manishrai1989

Can one prepare for IAS/IPS while doing job or while studying? Is it very tough?

Hello Everyone,
I am in very confusing situation and want some help and suggestion. I have completed my b.tech from meerut with 65%. I want to prepare for IAS/IPS but preparation will take at least 1 and half year and there is also a risk factor.
So, (after lots of thinking)
There is TWO options I have selected.
1. Bank Jobs
2. M.Tech

So,
The question is-
what to do or what will be the better option?
Can any one prepare for IAS/IPS during job period?

I am more inclined toward M.tech.

Can I do Study for IAS/IPS during M.Tech?
After M.tech what will be the job opportunity in Govt. Sector?

I am not interested in doing Private jobs.

29th August 2010, 01:39 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Can one prepare for IAS/IPS while doing job or while studying? Is it very tough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishrai1989 View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am in very confusing situation and want some help and suggestion. I have completed my b.tech from meerut with 65%. I want to prepare for IAS/IPS but preparation will take at least 1 and half year and there is also a risk factor.
1. Bank Jobs
2. M.Tech

So,
The question is-

you have completed you btech and want to give ias exam. ias is a very difficult exam and needs a lot of study and hard work. you can do one thing you must take admission in mtech and start preparing fir ias exam side by side. in this way you will be prepared for the exam and you two years will not get wasted.
29th August 2010, 01:46 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can one prepare for IAS/IPS while doing job or while studying? Is it very tough?

i think ,doing m.tech is the best option,
as you will be getting stifund there will be no pressure of money also,
you should try to do m.tech from delhi region because the atmosphere for ias preparation is really good there and there are many good coaching institutes
29th August 2010, 02:21 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can one prepare for IAS/IPS while doing job or while studying? Is it very tough?

Hi,
In present scenario, its more difficult to sustain a job than to get it. To be part of the growing industry, just a BTech or equivallent is not enough. So, you must continue with your higher studies i.e. MTech.
Now as far as IAS/IPS preparation is concerned, it depends upon the knowledge and passion of the candidate. A casual approach towards these examination will never give you success in it. You need to give sufficient amount of time and follow disciplined routine. These examinations are not easy to crack and so, you got to be serious about it and it should never be optional. The one who succeed in these examinations, give their entire time for its preparation and I dont think that this could be done along with a 9-5 job. So, you better try to understand and realize the outcome of your actions and move further according to it.
29th August 2010, 02:24 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
yes it is quite tough to prepare for IAS/IPS exam while sdoing job because it is one of the toughest exam in India and you need to do a lot of hard work for that.if you do job then i think when will you get the time to prepare for.you have to quit the job if you really want to go for IAS.the same thing is while studying.so please do not go both ways.select one path.
All The Best!!!!
29th August 2010, 04:13 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

hello friend,
Why you are wasting time thinking too much of what you should not!
Just go for the M.Tech at first as it will enrich your career after B.Tech.
And talking about IAS/IPS ,i must know what stream you had in B.Tech because you can appear in the IES exam conducted for B.Tech students having branches ME/ECE/EE/Civil.

After cracking the IES you can get job in the Govt sector. But the fact is that competition is very tough for these civil service exams.
So you will have to give proper time to the preparation,you can't do both the preparations of M.Tech and IES side by side.

Just do the M.Tech as i personally will suggest you to do that.

Good luck!
29th August 2010, 07:28 PM
Raj333

dear friend
success is totally depend on you power of hard working. some part of success is also depend on your luck. definitely with doing job result in upsc exam will be very tough but not impossible. you can bc succeed in upsc exam with your hard work.everything is possible in this world friend..........
as you say i.e risky for you then you will go for mtech because you are from technical line .after mtech you will go for either job or upsc.

best of luck..................
31st August 2010, 02:52 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

yes, you can do preparation of IAS/IPS along with your job.this is not a new thing.

maximum students prepare for IAS exam while doing their jobs.

it is right that they are getting less time for study but still they are the winner.

you can join GAIL, BHEL, SAIL, etc.

all the best.
1st September 2010, 05:27 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You can prepare for IAS/IPS while doing a job or while studying. You can either study on your own and buy the study materials that is published by institutes like Easy Made publications or you can join a coaching center. It is the quality time that you devote is what matters. The exam is tough but if you work hard you can clear the exam. Read newspapers and listen to news for current affairs.
4th September 2010, 01:44 AM
manishrai1989

Thanks Guys.
for your precious suggestions.
I will going to prepare for India's most coveted exam with great desire and passion.
5th September 2010, 03:24 AM
Unregistered

The preparation for IAS exam can be done while being in a job. It's a normal trend now and people are getting selected with good ranking. Do a job or study whatever while you prepare for ias..
28th October 2010, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

i have not completed my graduation yet bt having a dream of being ias .,should i start now or after graduation
29th October 2010, 01:46 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

the ias examination is one of the best exam of the india.

so for this exams it needs a lot of preparation and for that you have to wprk hard.

if you are serious about the ias exam then prepare well and give the exams.

if you have economical problem then you can do the jo but you should take leave atleast 5 month in a year for preparation of this exams.
29th October 2010, 10:25 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
As u have mentioned that u r more inclined towards Mtech, then i think u should go for it as u must have strong desire for clear IAS exam ....
And for sure, u can join govt sector after mtech, but u have not mentioned ur stream , so i can not tell any more about this.
You can go for IES for govt job.
Dont waste ur time while doing mtech for ias if u have no interest for it.
At present scenario, try for GATE exam to get fellowship.
30th October 2010, 02:56 AM
babydoll

Hi!
Yes, sure you can prepare for the IAS/IPS exam while working. You just enroll for the IAS/IPS in any good coaching institutes which provides you regularity in the study.
Otherwise you can do part time jobs for more attention towards the study.
But as you are more inclined towards the M.Tech so better to prepare for the GATE and do M.Tech from IITs or NITs which gives good jobs after completion of the M.Tech.
So the final decision is yours, select as you like for your better career.
Best wishes.
30th October 2010, 03:20 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

In my opinion you should go for bank jobs like PO. If you opt for MTech then you might find it hard to give time for the preparation of Civil services Exam due to your course schedule. So better catch a good bank job and prepare for IAS\IPS exam simultaneously.
30th October 2010, 01:03 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Dear friend !!

Its a very common situation...And no need to panic atall..Its ok..

First of calm your mind...And ask your self...

Since you are mostly inclines to M.tech..I suggest..You complete your M.tech first..It will take two years..Then Do a good Govt Job..or PSU jobs..for atleast 1 year to get experience..This will have security for your future too..

Then leave the job..and with dedication..Do prepare for IAS...certainly you can achieve your goal..without much insecurity in mind..

Good luck !!
30th October 2010, 06:47 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

There is less chance of clearing such public service exam while doing PO or other type of job because while doing these jobs you may have your working hours from 7:30AM to even 8:00PM, into which it is not possible to have some time for self study. And preparation of UPSC exams require more than 4 hrs study daily.
You may try second option which is doing MTech into which you know better that how much time will you have for it in MTech. (having experience from BTech). Atleast you will have more time than doing other job in MTech. When you select MTech, then you have to make a schedule for preparation of IAS, it is quite possible that in doing MTech you will encounter better job opportunities.
After your MTech there are more job opportunities only in the research field as a RA or scienctist. You can enroll yourself for any of the research post published timely in newspapers.
30th October 2010, 06:47 PM
Sachin Narayan

hi,
I think u should go for M.tech while preparing for the IAS, as the subject u select for IAS examination will also be get prepared simultaneously while doing M.tech. So your hard work will not went in vain and u will not be required to put extra effort for the IAS exam preparation.
thank you
30th October 2010, 07:29 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Can one prepare for IAS/IPS while doing job or while studying? Is it very tough?

hello dear,

think ,doing m.tech is the best option,
as you will be getting stifund there will be no pressure of money also,
you should try to do m.tech from delhi region because the atmosphere for ias preparation is really good there and there are many good coaching institutes

In present scenario, its more difficult to sustain a job than to get it. To be part of the growing industry, just a BTech or equivallent is not enough. So, you must continue with your higher studies i.e. MTech.
Now as far as IAS/IPS preparation is concerned, it depends upon the knowledge and passion of the candidate. A casual approach towards these examination will never give you success in it. You need to give sufficient amount of time and follow disciplined routine. These examinations are not easy to crack and so, you got to be serious about it and it should never be optional. The one who succeed in these examinations, give their entire time for its preparation and I dont think that this could be done along with a 9-5 job. So, you better try to understand and realize the outcome of your actions and move further according to it.
30th October 2010, 07:41 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Lightbulb Re: Can one prepare for IAS/IPS while doing job or while studying? Is it very tough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishrai1989 View Post
Hello Everyone,
1. Bank Jobs
2. M.Tech

So,
The question is-

I don't think that you can prepare for IAS along M-Tech. After persuing M-Tech you can get a good reputed job even in Private Sector. One can make a good career in Private Sector. If you want to have job in government sector than you need to apply for various government recruitment exams after completing M-Tech
13th December 2010, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

hello , i am an a college student can i prepare for ias while my academic studies
13th December 2010, 11:46 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

of course one can prepare for the ias and ies while in a job
it is not that tough
24th December 2010, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

Commit to memory just one thing dear, Preparation for such exams like IAS,IFS,etc are directly proportional to time allotted for preparation, & it can be given in this order: any govt job
like IES or state govt job > PSU job > bank job > teaching job in college > M.TECH > any industry job. This precedence is actually showing the time available to you for preparation of IAS
And don't forget to study success story of Manish Ranjan, IAS.
25th December 2010, 07:25 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

I suggest you think in a straight line,forget either,if and like these terms.Because risk is every where.Just go confidently toward your preferred destination,which you like better.If you love to do then you will obviously get a good feedback.

All the best.
25th December 2010, 07:41 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello , i am an a college student can i prepare for ias while my academic studies
This is the right time to prepare civil service.More time you prepare more you get advantage.

All the best.
30th December 2010, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

which are the best Coaching classes in Mumbai for IAS? what is the scope after doing IAS? what other possible options after IAS?
14th January 2011, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

sir! Can i prepare for IAS in one yr?
15th January 2011, 08:38 PM
yajvendra

Dear As i know it is not impossible to prepare the IAS/IPS exam while doing job or while studying but you have to do so much hard work and you have to make the time table for your daily studying.and i think it so tough. and IPS/IAS exam are so difficult exams.
if you don't able to give time for study during job then you can leave thee job for this exam but depends on your choice.
good luck.................
4th February 2011, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

I am doing job in retail sector for 8 to 10 hours /so it is possible to crack ias with doing job.if possible how much time is required.
18th February 2011, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Hi all,
I'm a B.Tech ( IT ) fellow from NIT Allahabad. currently working with an MNC...Straight 8-9 hours job...I want to prepare for IAS.. want to know your experiences/opinions about preparing along with the job and success/satisfaction level when you prepare along with the job... I know its an individual case whether you'll be able to do it or not...but generally how should I devote my time in a best way considering Income/higher studies ( ryt now )... how should i move along with that ?
4th March 2011, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

what should i do if i am working in a goverment bank but i want to prepare for civil services.it is my dream to be an IAS officer
and i have just completed my graduation.
5th March 2011, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

dont just do hard work do intelligent work.remember where there is a will there is a way.no excuses or obstacles will hold u back.
19th March 2011, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

I am going to complete 1st year (engineering)...and i think its my right time to prepare for IAS/IPS exams can i start.....?please tell me. my aim is to become a IPS OFFICER
2nd May 2011, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

I m persuaing BE...I want to fight UPSC examination..nd i m confuse that what should i do after graduation.. MBA OR UPSC???????...nd can i do job as well as PSC preparation????
9th May 2011, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

SIR, I HAVE COMPLETED B.SC B.ED,NOW I Am doing m.sc maths in rkm college in chennai.i strongly desire to become an ias officer.but,it need lot of hard work on the daily basis,also my course need as much as practice to get enough in mathematics.now i am going to entered final year in M.sc. now suggest me whatever steps i need to follow to crack this,on daily basis howmuch hours i require to focus over ias studies
8th June 2011, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

Hi

i am 28 years old. I have B.sc and after that MBA. Currently i am doing job with 3 years experience but i want to prepare for ias now. plz tell me is it ok.
10th June 2011, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

i am a simple graduate in commerce and also i was a average student , now i am 28 yr old and working with a mnc company,
but my desire is to crack ias or civil service exam as i want to do something in this my life and prove myself and i m ready to do
hardwork.Pls suggest me and show me the right path to achieve my goal.
Thanks
john
Guwahati-Assam
10th June 2011, 07:09 PM
matin shaikh

Can one prepare for IAS/IPS while doing job or while studying? Is it very tough?

Hello Everyone,
I am in very confusing situation and want some help and suggestion. I have completed my B.A from meerut with 65%. I want to prepare for IAS/IPS but preparation will take at least 1 and half year and there is also a risk factor.
1. marketing in telecom
2. techer
3 . any other

So,
The question is-

I am more inclined toward M.A.

Can I do Study for IAS/IPS during M.A?
After M.A what will be the job opportunity in Govt. Sector?

10th June 2011, 08:03 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

IAS and IPS exam is not a easy one.
It's very tough and one should have to done work hard to qualify this.
If you are doing job then you should give your night time for study.
At least update yourself with the news and current affairs.
13th June 2011, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

hi i am sagar.i am in 12-standard.hu ips thava mangu 6u to mae what do?
12th July 2011, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

hell to every one
i m somya bhandari i m 16years old and i completed my 12th in commerce stream and now i m doing a part time job and b.com. i want to know that how i will got a govt. job i have to prepare for banking or ias? bcz i want to do something for my parents so i will able to fulfill my parents dream.
plz help me what to do for a best govt. job.
31st July 2011, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

hiii i am anil... i complted my btech wit computer science nd i got job in top mnc.. but i am intrested in IAS.. any one pls suggest me to choose job r ias preparation?
4th August 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

i am complted my b.com and after then mba but i am intrested in ias
6th August 2011, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

Question Re: Can one prepare for IAS/IPS while doing job or while studying? Is it very tough?

[QUOTE=manishrai1989;181060]Hello Everyone,
1. Bank Jobs
2. M.Tech

So,
The question is-

I am not interested in doing Private jobs.[/QUOT

same question from me. ?

Pardeep,
VPO. MULLANA
DISTT. AMBALA, HARYANA
M-9729230008
22nd August 2011, 08:01 AM
Unregistered

hello iam working for past 8 months with this December i will 1 year experience, while mean time iam preparing for civil service too i have joined an coaching class as part time, how much time should i allot daily for my studies
9th September 2011, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

I am working in an mnc where i have to work for 10 hrs. is it possible to prepare for ias or ips .plz suggest me
21st September 2011, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

hello my freinds ,,
i m geeta , pursuing MBA ( Finance ) and my dream to clear the exam of civil servise . but i m confuseon below point :

1) which is better IAS or IPS so that i can clear the exam
2) which sub can i choose actually i alredy attend the exam one time without preparation and that time i taken ECO sub .Kindly guide me about subject
3) which coaching is better
4) i m working in Private sector as Sr shipping & logistics - Account Executive that is why may be i not give 100% preparation . Pls suggest me
5) i thought ti give exam after 1 year preparation .
6) its possibel to preapre exam with Job
7) my age is 27 .how many times can i give exam of civil service

Kindly suggest me
at email id [email protected]

Thanks all of you
5th October 2011, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

hello i am in 12th std and interested in ias. so guide me how to clear it?
and tell me can i do b.com and ias preparation side by side ..
and what will be more beneficial either ias or ips??
plzz guide..
10th January 2012, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

I am an student of baslp i am intrested in IAS EXAM what can i do
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?