10th January 2017, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for the Indian Air Force at the age of 26 years? What is the procedure to apply for the exam?

Respected Sir, I am a 26 years old boy and I have completed my class 12th with Arts stream, I want to join the Air Force so I want to know can I apply for the Indian Air Force at the age of 26 years? What is the procedure to apply for the exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I apply for the Indian Air Force at the age of 26 years? What is the procedure to apply for the exam? -- [New]
  3. Eligibility to apply fro Indian Air force after 10th class?
  4. What is the qualification required for CDS?
  5. How can I join IAF if I am a student of B.Tech(Female)?
  6. Can I apply for Indian Air Force and Army having completed Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering? Procedure to join Air Force and Army?
  7. Can I apply for entrance exam for joining Indian Air Force?
  8. What is the procedure for an architect to join Indian Air force
  9. What can I do to join Indian Air Force after 10th being girl?
  10. Is it possible to join Indian Navy or Air Force after completion of B.Teh graduation course?
  11. Can I apply for interview directly in Indian Air Force through Fast Track Selection process if secured 79.67% in B.Tech(ECE)? Procedure to apply for it?
  12. Can a BIPC student apply for Indian Air Force? What is the procedure to apply for the exam?
  13. Can I apply for the dentist post in Indian Air Force after doing BDS at an age of 26?
  14. How to apply for Air Force after passing Arts? My age is 20 years
  15. Will there be any chance for girls to work in IAF after completing M.Sc. Polymer Science?
  16. What percentage is required in 10th class to become a Pilot?
  17. How may I get admission in M.S in Germany? What's the qualification and paper works required required?
  18. How to apply for Indian Air Force being a candidate of doing CPL?
11th January 2017, 10:45 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for the Indian Air Force at the age of 26 years? What is the procedure to apply for the exam?

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test .

AFCAT exam is conducted for 3 branches namely Technical Branch,Flying branch and Ground duty branch.

Yes, you can apply for the Indian Air Force at the age of 26 years through AFCAT.

The eligibility criteria required for AFCAT are as under :-

Age limit :

For Technical Branch: 20 - 26 years .

For Ground duty branch : 20 - 26 years

For Flying branch : 20 - 24 years .

Educational Qualification :

For Technical Branch: Bachelor of Engineering .

For Ground duty branch : Graduation in any stream .

For Flying branch :Graduation in any discipline along with 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics .

Selection procedure :

Screening Test

Psychological Test ,

Group discussion & Interview .
12th January 2017, 09:21 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for the Indian Air Force at the age of 26 years? What is the procedure to apply for the exam?

The age limit for any candidate to join Indian air force is between 18 to 28 years.

Physical condition should be:
* Height: The height of candidate should be 166 cm to 170 cm.
* Chest: Chest should be 77 cm when not expanded and 83 when expanded.
* Weight: It should be in proportional to height but minimum weight should be 50.

-- As you are not a science student at 12th ,you only can apply in following post:
** GD, Clerk post
** Tradesman post
** Other ground level post

Procedure to Apply is:
< Visit www.indianairforce.nic.in
< In the career section view the notification.
< If you are visiting first time then you need to register yourself by giving mobile number and email address.
< Upload the scan copy of documents.
< Submit the form after making payment.
< Have a print of form for future reference.
12th January 2017, 10:06 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for Indian Air Force at the age of 26 years. To join Indian Air Force, you have to appear in NDA examination conducted by UPSC. Eligibility criteria required to appear in UPSC NDA examination is stated below :-

=> You should be an Indian National.

=> You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board.

=> You should be within the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years of age.

=> You should be an unmarried male candidate and should be physically as well as mentally healthy.

Candidates who satisfy the above mentioned eligibility criteria can apply for NDA examination through online at UPSC official website https://upsconline.nic.in/ once, the NDA examination notification s released by UPSC.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you are 26 years old, so, you have crossed the upper age limit to appear in NDA examination and you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force.
4th July 2020, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

I am age 20 so how to join air force?
& which exam cdse syllabus
Which month exam conducted
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?