11th September 2011, 12:22 PM
mr7365

Can I apply for Indian Defence Services? I have completed my 12th from commerce stream

i am a girl,doing graduation with accounts honurs (B.COM)pat 3...
i want to know that what forms i can apply to join indian defenc services... ..
please help me to know about this query...
even i had completed my plus 2 with commerc stream only...

28th February 2012, 04:37 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian Defence Services? I have completed my 12th from commerce stream

After your 12th, you could have applied directly for NDA exam. Now since you have already started your graduation, it is better to finish your graduation and join the defence services after your graduation. You will be able to apply for the Short Service Scheme of entry. This will allow you to serve in the defence for a certain period of time. Since you have completed your 12th grade in commerce, you are eligible to join the Army only. Women, in the age group of19-25 and who are unmarried can apply for the SSC scheme of entry into the defence forces.
9th March 2012, 12:10 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian Defence Services? I have completed my 12th from commerce stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr7365 View Post
i am a girl,doing graduation with accounts honurs (B.COM)pat 3...
i want to know that what forms i can apply to join indian defenc services... ..
please help me to know about this query...
even i had completed my plus 2 with commerc stream only...
Hey friend,

India Defence services includes forces such as:

>> Indian Army
>> Indian Navy
>> Indian Air Force

It is good to see your interest towards serving our Country India even after completing +2.

For joining in these forces you need to write the entrance exam and for which you need to satisfy the eligibility criteria's for them

According to your qualification you can write the NDA Exam which is one of the defence service exam of India.

You can only join in Indian Army with your qualification as you are a commerce student.

Eligibility Needed:

To join in Indian Navy or Air Force you must have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subjects.

The age limit for the exam is that the candidate must have 16 1/2-19 years.

The candidate appearing for the exam must be a citizen of India and must be a unmarried male candidate.

If you are satisfying all these criteria's then you can apply for the NDA exam

For more information regarding the NDA Exam you can check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
9th March 2012, 12:22 AM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

After 12th you are eligible for the entrance exam of NDA. National Defense Academy Exam is Conducted by UPSC twice in a year.The Eligibility for NDA Exam are as follow :-
1.You should passsed the higher secondary with 60% in any stream
2. Your height must be 156.5 cm.
3. You should be Indian.
4. Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

The Date of NDA is as follow :-
For NDA Exam I :-Date of Notification :- 31/12/2011
Last date for submitting application form :- 30/1/2012
Date of Exam:15/4/2012

For NDA Exam IInd :- Date of Notification :- 5/5/2012
Last date for submitting application form :- 4/6/2012
Date of Exam :- 19/8/2012

Physical Requirement as follow:-

1. Eye Sight = 6/6
2. Height =above or 167 cms
3. Weight:above 50 Kg
4. Chest: 77 cm (Normal)/82 cm

For further Information visit www.upsc.gov.in
9th March 2012, 09:26 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

As a women candidate you are not eligible to apply for NDA which is strictly meant for male candidate after 12th.

But as you are now pursing in B.Com., after completion of which you can join Defence through CDS entrance exam.

CDS-COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Nval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam in any stream or pass from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good physical fitness.

As a women candidate as you are interested for Defence service you are eligible to apply for OTA(Officer's Training Academy) of CDS after completion of Graduation in Commerce provided you must be within the age of 19 to 25 years.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
9th March 2012, 10:01 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You are a girl , and you want to apply for Indian Defense service after completion of 12th class in commerce field..

I must appreciate your spirit.. But sorry to say you that after completion of 12th class you will not be able to join in Indian defense..

For that you have to complete the graduation first..
After completion of graduation course you have to appear in CDS exam through that exam you will be able to join in Indian defense..

You can appear in CDS exam under OTA(Officer's training academy) scheme..

Eligibility for Officer's training academy (non technical women ):-----------------

1.The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university.
2.Final year candidates are also eligible for the exam.
3.Age should be in between 19-24 years...
4.Candidate must be unmarried/divorced/widow female..
5.The candidate should be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
So, go for the graduation course first..

All the best...
5th April 2012, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

i appeared for class 12th examination in march this year. i want to join indian defence service. how can i apply for that??

kaamini
1st September 2013, 02:38 AM
Unregistered

I am girl doing graduation in b.com... as i completed my 10 as well as 12 in b.com. cn i apply for defence
2nd September 2013, 04:39 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend after 12th you are eligible for the entrance exam of NDA.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

NDA exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice time in a year for three wings.

- Army wings

- Navy wings

- Air force Wings

Eligibility criteria for NDA Examination :-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate must have completed 10+2 exam of a recognized School or Board and studying in the final year of 12th examination may also eligible to apply for Army wings.

For Navy / Air force wings:-

Candidate must have completed 10+2 with PCM subjects from a recognized board.

There is no minimum marks required for NDA Examination .

Age limit:-

Age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

There is No age relaxation for reserved categories in this exam.

Only unmarried Male candidate are eligible to apply this exam.

All the best.......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?