20th May 2015, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for Indian Navy job if taken Commerce in +2?

Myself abhishek and I have taken commerce .I am very interested in indian navy. I want to join this job because this is my dream .I am in 12th standard so, how can i apply to join indian navy.

20th May 2015, 03:37 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for Indian Navy job if taken Commerce in +2?

One can join Indian Navy through NDA or CDS exam.Both the exams are conducted by UPSC in order to make recruitment in different wings of Indian Defense Services.

The eligibility required to join Indian Navy through NDA exam are following:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The qualification required is 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy.

-The selection process involves written examination followed by personal interview by Service Selection Board.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards required to join NDA.

The eligibility required to join Indian Navy through CDS Exam are following:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The qualification required for Indian Naval Academy is Bachelor of Engineering.

-The age limit to apply for the Indian Naval Academy is 19 years to 22 years.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for admission to CDS exam.

-The exam process involves

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.

Sorry to say but you can't join Indian Navy because your qualification doesn't fulfill the required eligibility criteria.But, instead of joining Navy,you can join Indian Military Academy with your qualification.
20th May 2015, 08:23 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to inform you that there is no possible way by which you can apply for Indian Navy having commerce in your 12th as for the same you are required to be a Science stream student in your 12th and that too from a recognized institute .

But if you are desired to get in the defense field then you have the option of Indian Army with you for which you will have to crack the NDA examinations .

The necessary qualifications for appearing in this examination for Indian Army are as following :-

* You must be an Indian resident .

* You must be a male unmarried candidate .

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19 years .

* You must have done your 12th with any stream of your choice from a recognized board .

Also the NDA examination are held twice every year once in the month of April and once in the month of September by Union Public Service Commission so for more details and notifications about the upcoming examinations visit the website i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
20th May 2015, 08:24 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Best way to join Indian Navy at this stage is only National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination.

# NDA Examination is most popular examination among young students who are willing to join Indian defence forces.

# Candidates are required to be intermediate in any stream. Candidate with any stream are equally eligible for NDA Examination.

# Age of the candidate must be above 16.5 years and also below the 19 years.

# Candidate must have the Indian citizenship.

# Candidate must not be married. Also must be male.

# Physical fitness standard parameters required for NDA Examination are:

* Height must be 165 cm.
* 6/6 or 6/9 eye sight
* Must not have Colour Blindness or Night Blindness
* Must not have KNOCK KNEE
* Must not have FLAT FEET
* Must not suffered from any critical disease

# NDA Examination pattern:

* Written Objective Type Examination
* SSB Interview
* Physical & Medical Test
20th May 2015, 08:28 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No you will be not be able to join the Indian Navy or Air Force but if you have Commerce with Mathematics then you are eligible for the Indian Army. It is one of the Defence wings and you can move to this also.

The examination to join any of the wings of Defence Services is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. The examination is known as NDA entrance examination.

The eligibility for the examination :-
* Candidates must have passed or pursuing the 10+2 board examination from a recognized board.
*Candidates age must be between 16.5-19 years.
* Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics as main subject in the board for the Navy and Air Force where as commerce with maths are only eligible for the Indian Army.

The application are available on the www.upsc.gov.in in the month of January and July for the NDA I and NDA II. The examination for the same will be conducted in the April and September.

The examination are co ducted in two stages as Written and SSB. The written examination consists two papers.
Paper I - Mathematics.
Paper Ii - General Ability.
There are 120 questions from paper I and 150 from paper II. The total examination is of 900 marks and candidates who solves 35%-40% questions correctly in each paper will be expected to qualify for the SSB.

SSB- It is a 5-10 days test procedure and here the marks are not given to you and shown.After qualifying SSB.

You are given a proper training and then recruited to the Defence services as an Officer.

For any information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
20th May 2015, 09:24 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a commerce student in your senior secondary studies ,the only possible option for you in the defense field is of the Indian Army as for the other two wings i.e; Indian Navy and Indian Air force you are required to be a science stream student with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects in your senior secondary education from a recognized board .

Also for joining Indian Army after your 12th you will have to go through the NDA examinations .

The NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the same examination is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in the months of April and September generally and are commonly known as NDA I & NDA II respectively .

The eligibility criteria for appearing in this examination for Indian Army are as here under :-

* You must be a citizen of India .

* You must be an unmarried male candidate .

* Your age must not ne below 16.5 years and most not exceed 19 years too .

* You must have passed your 12th with any stream of choice from a school/college affiliated to recognized board .

* You must be a physically and mentally sound as per the requirement of job .

Also the examination will be held in the two stages which are as written examination and Service selection board ( SSB ) interview respectively .After qualifying the stage first you will be called for the next .

For more information and notifications about the upcoming examinations log on to the official link of same that is www.upsc.gov.in .
20th May 2015, 09:58 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Here are the following ways to join indian navy after 12th board:-

1)10+2 B- tech cadet entry
Type of commission:- permanent
Release of application form:- december and January month
Eligibility criteria:-12 th passed in MPC stream.
Percentage required is minimum of 70%.

2) Artificer apprentice
Type of commission:- non- commission
Release of application form:- december and january
Age limit:-17-20 years
Should had done 12th with minimum of 60% in maths.physics and chemistry.

3)Direct entry (sports)
Type of commission:- non- commission
Age required is 17-22 years
Qualification:- 12th in any stream with minimum of 40%.

4) NDA ( national defense academy)
Type of commission:- permanent
Age limit:-16.5-19 years
Qualification:- 12th passed with 55% in any stream
Marital status:- unmarried.
Must be mentally and physically sounds healthy.
20th May 2015, 10:10 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

You can not join Indian Navy after 12th commerce but you can join Indian Army through NDA exam.

NDA exam stands for National Defense Service which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Eligibility for NDA exam:

12th standard from a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Appearing in final year candidates are also eligible.

Age limit:

Your age should be between 16.5-19 years.

Syllabus for NDA Examination:

1.General Awareness

2.Elementary Maths

Personal Interview:

The personal Interview is conducting by Staff Selection Board for shortlisted candidates in written examination

Medical Examination:

The Medical Examination is conducting by Staff Medical Board for shortlisted candidates in personal Interview.
21st May 2015, 12:20 AM
savneybillford

Indian navy takes candidates with Science background for officers and sailors as well.

However only one entry is available for a commerce candidates. That is in the logistics branch. This entry is not regularly asked. Only when the need for logistics officers is found they call B.Com graduates for this entry.

You have to monitor the official naval website everytime for this entry. Neither me nor anyone can tell you exactly when this entry may show up. I can only tell you to continue pursuing your graduation in B.Com.
21st May 2015, 01:16 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Myself abhishek and I have taken commerce .I am very interested in indian navy. I want to join this job because this is my dream .I am in 12th standard so, how can i apply to join indian navy.
You are commerce student so you are not eligible for Indian Navy through NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
21st May 2015, 01:39 PM
charitchaitra

Eligibility Details to Join in Indian Navy:
The Following are The Eligibility Details required to Join in Indian Navy
Should be citizen of India
should be Completed The 12th from The Maths and Science Stream
Age Should be between 16.5-19 Years

So You can Eligible to Join in Indian Army and Air Force.So if You Have Interest To Join in These Sectors You have To Appear The NDA Exam.NDA Means National Defence Academy.This NDA Exam is Conducting by The Union Public Service Commission Two Times in a Every Year.For This NDA Exam Only Males are Eligible and Should be Completed The 12th and age Should be between 16.5-19 Years
13th January 2022, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I apply for Indian Navy job if taken Commerce in 2?

I want to join indian navy after my bachlera(bba),I have 10 2 with commerce, is there any post in navy for me or in the future?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?