23rd May 2012, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IPCC without CPT after passing T.Y.B.Com with 53.91%?

my T.Y.B.com marks is 53.91% can i apply for ipcc without cpt

24th May 2012, 03:00 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I apply for IPCC without CPT after passing T.Y.B.Com with 53.91%?

Yes, you can apply in IPCC as Graduates/ Post Graduates are eligible to directly join IPCC and Articleship provided you have score 50% marks in B.com.

3 level in Chartered Accountancy

Common Proficiency Test(CPT)
IPCC ( I group and II group )
Final examination

You can apply online or you can visit the centers of Institute which are spread all over INDIA for prospectus and admission form .

Examination of Chartered Accountancy held twice a year in June and December.

Integrated Professional Competence Exam Subjects

Accounting
Law, Ethics and Communication
Cost Accounting and Financial Management
Taxation
Advanced Accounting
Auditing and Assurance
Information Technology and Strategic Management

Duration of Chartered Accountancy course - 2.5 YEARS (minimum) for graduates.

Fee of Chartered Accountancy course - 40000/- (for whole course )

Official website

www.icai.org
30th May 2012, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for IPCC without CPT after passing T.Y.B.Com with 53.91%?

hey, i'm going to be graduate in 2 months and also want to apply for ipcc without giving cpt...but everybody is telling me that the rule has not passed yet! cpt is compulsory for all...is that true?
22nd August 2012, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

i have paased TYBcom with 72.13% and nowi want to apply for CA-IPCC without appearing CPT is this possible
25th December 2012, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

can i apply ipcc just by apperaing cpt..... before the result is published if i am sure to be passed..???
25th December 2012, 06:52 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can not take direct admission into IPCC as the percentage mentioned by you in B.Com is less than required. Therefore you should first appear for the Common Proficiency Test which is conducted in June and December.

The ICAI has recently enforced new changes that allows graduates to take direct admission for IPCC without having to appear for the Common Proficiency Test. But for that you should meet the following requirement.

1. At least 55 percemt marks in B.Com

2. Minimum of 60 percent marks are required for non commerce graduate.

Since you are not meeting this criteria of ICAI, I am afraid there is no other option but to appear for the Common Proficiency Test.

There are 2 groups in Common Proficiency Test which are needed to be passed by the candidate. You should score minimum of 30 percent marks in each group to clear the test. The four sections divided into 2 groups are:

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude

Integrated Professional Competancy Course

Once you have cleared the Common Proficiency Test, you can apply for the Integrated Professional Competancy Course. There are total of 7 papers in the course that are divided into two groups.

Group 1

1. Accounting

2. Business Laws,Ethics and Communication

3. Cost Accounting and Financial Management

4. Taxation

Group 2

5. Advanced Accounting

6. Auditing and Assurance

7. Information Technology and Strategic Management

Final Course

Third and last stage of the Chartered Accountancy is Final Course. It is often considered as the most difficult stage since less than 20 percent manages to clear it every year.

Group 1

1. Financial Reporting

2. Strategic Financial Management

3. Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics

4. Corporate and Allied Laws

Group 2

5. Advanced Management Accounting

6. Information System control and Audit

7. Direct Tax Laws

8. indirect tax Laws
29th December 2012, 06:14 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

As per the recent amendments by ICAI for admission in IPCC , you are not eligible to apply directly for IPCC without clearing the CPT.

Just consider the below mentioned carefully and you will find out why you cannot apply :

a) as per the latest amendments , graduate students can directly get admission in IPCC without clearing the CPT if they have :

* Secured a minimum of 55% marks in B.Com. Or,

* Secured a minimum of 60% marks considering that they have completed their graduation from some other stream excluding the commerce stream.

So , you can see that the minimum % of marks required is 55% and you have just 53.91% marks.

So , you are ineligible.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
6th February 2013, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

hello sir i have completed b.com this year and i got 874 marks in my memo i am eligible for ipcc course and plz let me know how much duration it will take to complete ca course after graduation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?