19th July 2011, 11:36 PM
vimal100

Can I apply for job in computer science sector if I am an IT student?

i am b.tech IT STUDENT. Can i apply for job where computer science engg need?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for Diploma in Computer Science if having 2 years of work experience being a 10th passed candidate?
  2. How to apply for government job after doing B.Tech in Computer Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. After final year Computer Science can't I apply for a government job?
  4. Available jobs in banking sector for BE Computer Engineer?
  5. Job opportunities in IT Sector for B.Sc(Computer Science) 3rd year student?
  6. Job Opportunities in Public Sector for the candidates of Computer Science Engineers?
  7. After M.Sc(Computer ) what should I do to get a Job?
  8. Jobs for computer science students in government sector? Procedure to get the jobs?
  9. How to get a government job after completion of B.Sc Computer Science?
  10. How can I implement E-Commerce in hand loom sector in the rural areas?
  11. Jobs in government sector after MSc Computer Science?
  12. Job in telecom industry after passing computer science and engineering?
  13. What kind of jobs are available in IT Sector for M.Sc(Computer Science) candidate?
  14. What type of job I would get in government sector if I complete polytechnic in computer sicence?
  15. How can I get a job in IT company after completing B.Tech and diploma in computer science
  16. Which course is best for me to enter into IT field after completing HSc with PCMB?
  17. How to apply for any job in computer science and engineering in Railway Board? I am a student of 4th year computer science and engineering
  18. Is there any government jobs available for students who are doing 7th semester B.Tech Computer Science course? -- [New]
29th July 2011, 10:34 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for job in computer science sector if I am an IT student?

Well, it depends from sector to sector.There are many Government sector companies like BHEL, ISRO, DRDO,.etc which some times recruit Computer Science and students of other respective branches.If the notification properly mentions that they are recruiting computer science students they only they can apply for it.In private sectors mostly IT and Computer science students are selected in companies like Infosys,IBM,Cognizant,Syntel,.etc.

Each company first releases a notification regarding recruitment.So, please go through the notification released from official websites and then apply for the job.Since both IT and CSE Stream have almost the same subjects hence you can apply for almost all the jobs from Private sector but in Government sector you need to go through the notification properly.
29th July 2011, 11:16 PM
amisha rath

Default Re: Can I apply for job in computer science sector if I am an IT student?

yes ofcourse you can. ..you are eligible.

there are so many MNC'S where you can apply and there are govt jobs too.
they require your degree as prima eligibility but the work performed by you is what they taught you in training.and during work you need your basic language knowledge.
and it is not typical task for IT student to cop with CS one.
29th July 2011, 11:26 PM
rana2011
Banned

There are many govt and private sectors where you may apply for job.

**Government sector companies like:
BHEL, ISRO, DRDO,.etc..

**Private sectors like: IBM,Cognizant,Syntel,.etc.....

Each company first releases a notification regarding recruitment.So, please go through the notification released from official websites and then apply for the job.You can apply for almost all the jobs from Private sector or in Government sector you need to go through the notification properly.

Thanks!
29th July 2011, 11:45 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

you can apply for computer science student if you are from IT sector.Both Computer science and IT are almost similer there is not big difference between computer science and IT.

Requirement of companies for computer science and IT students are same.In companies engineers write programs and both Computer science and IT student can write program.

Almost all companies except both stream student equally.In all exams computer science and IT students are treated equally.
30th July 2011, 12:29 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by vimal100 View Post
dear friend,

yes , you can eligible for computer related placement . your background is it so you are eligible for computer related software company.

maximum software company want 60% in through out in career like TCS,CTS,IBM,HP,L&T etc.

some few software company allow 50% above criteria like WIPRO, SYNTEL etc.

so you are eligible for above company.

Also you are eligible for .NET and PHP company so you can contact those company.

All the best.
30th July 2011, 02:00 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, in maximum area of field IT and CS are nearly equal.

so IT can easily write in the govt exam where CS is eligiable.

but in the some private company they will specify the difference.

so where you will not be eligiable.

all the best..........
30th July 2011, 02:55 AM
aroy8091

Dear friend,
computer science& information technology are nearly same branch. There are many pvt companies for both CSE & IT like infosys, IBM , WIPRO etc they hire both branch students.
But in many govt jobs they hire only cse .
Best of luck
30th July 2011, 10:22 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Can I apply for job in computer science sector if I am an IT student?

Dear friend,

For the government job, if you see the Advertisement both the branches are eligible for the same post.

In the case of Defense for the selection of Electronics branch Engineers the eligible branches are Electronics/Electrical/CS/IT/E&C etc.

So very well you can apply for CS post.

Some of the private companies want only selected branches, so go through the notification from official websites and then apply for the job.

As both IT and CSE branches have almost the same subjects so you can apply for all private/government sector,

all the best.....................
30th July 2011, 11:54 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you can apply for a job where computer science engg. is needed... You can apply for jobs like- In IT sector as software developer..
there are lots of leading software company where you can apply for jobs...

You can also apply for govt. jobs where computer science students are needed like-
ISRO
DRDO
BHEL
SAIL
NTPC
Railway
etc..
Also you can apply for UPSC civil service exams in the syllabus of computer science..
So, go for it..

All the best..
30th July 2011, 11:57 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
you want to join software industry
for this you go for IT jobs like:-
Software testing
Software programmer
Security

but in this year
much vacancy is there but you want to go for
company like:-
TCS
INFOSYS
WIPRO
ACCENTURE
30th July 2011, 12:10 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

Hi Vimal,
Surely you can go in any of the IT companies as you an B.Tech ITstudent. Now the great competions are avail between B.Tech and MCA students. So,you can apply in the Job websites , then select your company and where you are to be.
Some of the Job Websites are:
1. www.firstnaukri.com
2. www.shine.com
3. www.freshersworld.com
4. www.timesjobs.com
5. www.monsterindia.com

Also you can in any of Government companies like BHEL,ISRO , Raiways through exams. etc.,

Best Wishes,
@ Gita@
30th July 2011, 01:45 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Hello as i concern your question i aware of that you are presently doing BTECH from information technology if you want to go to software side than it is very good to command on java and with it you have to command on c ,c++ etc

By clearing a written exam and by giving interview you can get job in software core companies like tata consultancy , wipro , infosys,IBM these are the companies which take the students of computers oftenly but the students of
IT can also join these companies this is all from my side for private sector

But as far as for goverment sector there is shortage of job for IT students so you must see proper notifications through net or newspaper for this type of job.
30th July 2011, 03:01 PM
ajeetajeet1250

Can I apply for job in computer science sector if I am an IT student?

Well, it depends from sector to sector.There are many Government sector companies like BHEL, ISRO, DRDO,.etc which some times recruit Computer Science and students of other respective branches.If the notification properly mentions that they are recruiting computer science students they only they can apply for it.In private sectors mostly IT and Computer science students are selected in companies like Infosys,IBM,Cognizant,Syntel,.etc.

Each company first releases a notification regarding recruitment.So, please go through the notification released from official websites and then apply for the job.Since both IT and CSE Stream have almost the same subjects hence you can apply for almost all the jobs from Private sector but in Government sector you need to go through the notification properly.
22nd August 2011, 09:51 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vimal100 View Post
Yes you can apply for any job related to computer science engineer.Both branches have very similar patern in engineering exept only 1 or 2 subjects will be change.If you have very good knowledge about any programming language then you can get job where a computer science engineer required.
The main difference is a computer science engineer have a good knowledge about both software and hardware whereas IT engineer have knowledge about only software.
So if you have good command on a perticular language like java,.net then you will get a job easily.
There is also many options for you in public sector.

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?