7th March 2011, 04:31 PM
amal s

Can I apply for Karnataka CET if I am from Kerala and doing +2 from Kerala?

Sir i am keralite and doing +2 in kerala....can i apply for karnataka entrance examination?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to apply for Karnataka CET? What is the fee structure?
  2. How to apply for KCET exam if my son is studying 2nd year in Kerala?
  3. Am I eligible for karnataka CET examination? I have done my 10th from kerala and 12th from karnataka
  4. Am I eligible for CET exam?What's the applying procedure and exam schedule for the same? I've birth certificate of Karnataka but currently staying in Kerala
  5. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET? I am pursuing 12th from Kerala? My father was born in Karnataka and studied in Karnataka
  6. Procedure for Kerala students to write Karnataka CET?
  7. Eligibility for Karnataka CET after HSE from Kerala?
  8. Can I apply for Kerala CET after finishing 10th in Kerala and 12th in Karnataka?
  9. ELigibility criteria for Karnataka CET for a Karnatak resident studying in Kerala? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What is the eligibility for Karnataka CET
  11. What should I do to apply for MBBS course in colleges of Tamilnadu and Karnataka? Can I get admissions without entrance exam and what's the procedure for applying? I am from Kerala
  12. Can I apply for SBI PO exam in Karnataka? I am from Kerala
  13. Can I apply for Karnataka CET?
  14. Can I apply for CET after completing 12th and 10th and Kerala?
  15. Allotment scheme for an outside student who has scored 137 marks in Karnataka-CET and secured 90% in 12th?
  16. Can I apply in Kerala PSC being a B.Tech graduate of Bengaluru? -- [New]
  17. What's the fees structure of M.Sc course with nursing stream in Kerala? Is it worth doing a course like this in Kerala?How many colleges are there in Kerala for Msc nursing? What's the difference in doing a course in Kerala and outside Kerala?
  18. How many colleges are there in Kerala for MSc Nursing? What is the difference in doing a course in Kerala and outside kerala?
7th March 2011, 07:06 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Karnataka CET if I am from Kerala and doing +2 from Kerala?

I seriously doubt whether its possible. According to Karnataka CET eligibility you should be a domicile of karnataka.

It means you should have done your 10th and 12th both from karnataka.

So if you are from Kerala I dont think you are eligible for the entrance exam
7th March 2011, 07:45 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for Karnataka CET if I am from Kerala and doing +2 from Kerala?

Eligibility for other State Student in Karnataka CET

*You should have done either 10th or 12th in Karnataka Government

*Otherwise Candidate should have studied Seven years in Karnataka Government Recognized Education Institute

RULE

-->Candidate should have studied and passed in one or more Government or Government Recognized Education Institutions location in the State of Karnataka for a minimum academic period of Seven years from 1st Standard to 2nd PUC/12th Standard as on 1st July of the year in which the Entrance Exam is held

-->Mush have appeared and passed SSLC/10th Standard or 12th Standard from Karnataka State

-->In case of Candidate who may taken more then one year to pass the class or Standard ,the year of Academic year is counted as One year only

-->Either of the Parents should have studied minimum SEVEN years in Karnataka

All the Best
7th March 2011, 07:48 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Sorry, you are not eligible to apply for karnataka CET.

According to karnataka CET 2011 notification only eligible candidates of Karnataka including the wards of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants are eligible for registration for the “Common Entrance Test-2011".

The Karnataka candidates residing outside Karnataka who are studying or who have studied 12th standard or equivalent examination outside the State of Karnataka can also apply.

Since you are not a domicile of karnataka yo can not apply for CET.
7th March 2011, 11:08 PM
Raj.S

Hello,

Karnataka Common Entrance Test (CET) is a yearly entrance examination conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority that leads admission to various undergraduate medical/dental, engineering, architecture courses in the colleges and universities across Karnataka.
The admission through KCET is open only to the Karnataka residents; however there are some seats under management quota which are for the non Karnataka students

So in your case you can apply for the managment seats available for the non- Karnataka students .

Eligibility criteria:
For Medical/Dental Courses:
A candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 50% aggregate marks in PCB (40% for SC/ST/OBC). Those who are appearing for class 12th exams in 2011 can also apply. Also a candidate should have attained the age of 17 years but not more than 25 years as on 31st December, 2011.
For Engineering Courses:
A candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Mathematics and any of the Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Electronics / Biology with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in optional subjects(40% for SC/ST/OBC). Those who are appearing for class 12th exams in 2011 can also apply.
For Architecture Course:
A candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in all the subjects (45% for SC/ST/OBC). Those who are appearing for class 12th exams in 2011 can also apply. Candidates should have also appeared in NATA and got a minimum of 40% marks in it.

Examination scheme:
There will be separate papers for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. Each paper will consist of 60 objective type questions and will be of 80 minutes duration.

Availability of Application forms:
The forms for Karnataka CET will be available in schools and colleges of the Karnataka CET. For those residing outside Karnataka the form can be obtained by post from KEA( Karnataka Examinations Authority,Sampige Road, 18th Cross, Malleshwaram,Bengaluru 560 012.) by sending a Demand Draft (Rs 550 fro GM, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category students, and Rs 400 for SC, ST and category-1 students) along with the request for form.

ALL THE BEST FOR EXAM
8th March 2011, 10:34 AM
salman555

Post Re: Can I apply for Karnataka CET if I am from Kerala and doing +2 from Kerala?

Only the Karnataka students or those who did +2 from Karnataka are allowed to appear for CET-Karnataka. But the OTHER STATE STUDENTS can opt for COMEDK exam, this test conducted parallel to CET-Karnataka by the private Medical, Dental and Engineering College Association. Candidates from all over the country can appear for COMEDK Entrance Examination which will be conducted across the Karnataka State, for the admission to Undergraduate Medical, Dental and Engineering courses in COMEDK Member Institutions.
8th March 2011, 11:02 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

to apply for Karnataka CET examination the candidate should pass at least one board examination from Karnataka and also they should live in Karnataka.

now as you are from Kerala so you will not be eligible for Karnataka CET examination. you should try for any other examination.

to know details about Karnataka CET examination visit their official website http://cet.kar.nic.in/

here is the contact details of Karnataka CET examiantion authority
Sampige Road, 18th Cross,
Malleshwaram, Bangalore - 560012.
Phone : 080 - 23462599,23462758,23461575,23564583
Fax : 080 - 23461576
e-mail: [email protected]

this year CET examination will be held on 26th, 27th and 28th April, 2011 for various paper. notification and other details to apply for Karnataka CET given in the website.

best of luck.
8th March 2011, 02:05 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

well there is very little possibility... all the general rules

state that you should have done 10th and 12th both from kernataks

and also be residing since last seven years.... in some cases where parents are

karnataka or like children of defense personel posted in Karnataka

it might be possible, so contact the karnataka board and discuss your case.
8th March 2011, 02:11 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

well there is very little possibility... all the general rules

state that you should have done 10th and 12th both from kernataks

and also be residing since last seven years.... in some cases where parents are

karnataka or like children of defense personel posted in Karnataka

it might be possible, so contact the karnataka board and discuss your case.
8th March 2011, 08:52 PM
SUNNY PRAKASH

Ya sure why not. You are eilligible for karnataca cet but remember there must be domicile. You will be eilligible for for some sits only. But those are enough . So give your best.
All the best.
16th March 2011, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for Karnataka CET if I am from Kerala and doing 2 from Kerala?

im a candidate from jammu and kashmir can i apply for kerala entrance examination n for karnataka plz rply
18th March 2011, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for Karnataka CET if I am from Kerala and doing 2 from Kerala?

I have studies upto 10th in Kerala with Kannada as the Language of study and 1st & 2nd PUC from Karnatka. My mother has done study at Karnataka. Whether I need to write the Language Test applicable to the Gadinadu / Horanadu Candidates
29th December 2011, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

I doing 12 std in PCM in Madhya Pradesh. My parent is from Maharashtra. Can I apply for KARNTAKA CET. If not, what are the others criteria or alternatives for other than Karnataka state candidates fixed by the Management of CET to apply for Karnataka CET, OR for any other karnataka based engineering collage.
6th January 2012, 01:59 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by amal s View Post
Sir i am keralite and doing +2 in kerala....can i apply for karnataka entrance examination?
HI,
As per my knowledge you are not eligible for Karnataka-C.E.T exam.

If you have domicile of Karnataka then you are eligible for exam.

If you want to can take admissions through K-CET under Management quota.

You are eligible for Kerala-C.E.T exam.

GOOD LUCK!
17th January 2012, 07:54 AM
Unregistered

can i apply for karnataka CET if i am from U.P. & 12th passout from U.P. board?
11th October 2012, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Hai. I am kerala student. Borned and studied in kerala. Now i am in plus two. My mother was stuying 12 in Bangalore karnataka. Am i eligible for karnataka entrance test? Please reply me soon.
17th June 2013, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

I have done my 10th CBSE in karnataka and i m doing my 12TH puc , but i hav spent only 3 years in karnataka, am i eligible for KCET ? can someone please help me with this issue ?
17th June 2013, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

HI, I HAVE DONE MY 10TH CBSE IN KARNATAKA AND CURRENTLY DOING MY 12TH PUC , BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN IN KARNATAKA FOR SEVEN YEARS AND NOT A KANNADIKA ALSO , AM I ELLIGIBLE FOR KCET ? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE
18th June 2013, 11:14 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Karnataka Common Entrance Test (CET) is conducted for taking admission in Undergraduate Courses in the state of Karnataka for Medical and Engineering courses.The courses in which you will able to get admission in this course are as follows :-

• Engineering.
  • Medical.
  • Dental/.
  • Homeopathy.
  • Ayurveda.
  • Unani.
  • Naturopathy.
  • Architecture.
Eligibility requirements for Engineering/Architecture course :
  • Your minimum educational qualification should be Intermediate pass out with science from recognized board/university.
  • Your subjects in Science at Inter level should be Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.
  • Your minimum marks should be 65% in Inter level.
  • Your Aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics should be 55% in Inter level.
  • Your age should not be above 25 years.
Eligibility requirements for Medical courses :
  • Your minimum educational qualification should be Intermediate pass out with science stream from recognized board/university.
  • Your subjects in Inter level should be Physics,Chemistry and Biology.
  • Your minimum marks in Inter level should be 50%.
  • Your Aggregate marks in Biology and chemistry should be 50%.
  • Your minimum age required to take admission in Medical courses is 17 years.
  • Your age should not be above 25 years as per CBSE NEET Guidelines.
Entrance Exam Syllabus :
  • For Engineering/Architecture course - Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics from 10+2 level.
  • For Medical Courses - Physics,Chemistry and Biology from 10+2 level.
22nd June 2013, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

i want to take admision through CLAT .........can u sugest me some good books or magazine for the general knowledge/currents affairs.
adarsh.T
25th January 2015, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Can I apply for Karnataka CET if I am from Kerala and doing +2 from Kerala?

Quote:
sir i am keralite and doing +2 in kerala....can i apply for karnataka entrance examination?
kerala, puc student can write karnataka mbbs entrace exam or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?