25th September 2011, 11:56 AM
bangri

Can I apply for Ph.D in English from DU or Jamia Milia? I have done MA in English with 53% marks?

Sir/Mam, I have completed my M.A in English from Gauhati University with 53.5% marks being an ST . Is there any chance applying for Ph.D in english in Delhi University or Jamia Milia ? If yes then when is it possible as I think its already late Can I try?

Related Questions:
  1. How to pursue a career as English Lecturer after doing M.A in English
  2. Completed M.A in English with 50% marks : Am I eligible for MSW course in Jamia university? Last date of applying and submission of forms?
  3. From which university I can do PhD after completion of my M.Phil and MA with 53% marks in English?
  4. How to take admission in masters of Arts in English from Jamia Milia Islamia
  5. Which course should i choose in post graduation to become a English professor in a college?
  6. List of universities offering PhD in English in India? Procedure to apply?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after completing MA in English with 50.1%?
  8. Whether to go for M.Phill first or rather should apply for PhD directly?
  9. List of universities where I can apply for Ph.D in English if I scored less than 50% marks in MA?
  10. Universities offering PhD to a candidate who has secured 50% in M.A.(English) in India?
  11. Am I eligible to do PhD in English after completion of MA English with 53% marks?
  12. Eligibility for Ph.D in English literature after completing M.A English with 52.22%?
  13. Ph.D in English after M.A in English from Osmania in distance? -- [New]
  14. How to apply for Ph.D in English? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. M.Phil or PhD in English or Sociology from distance mode in less amount?
  16. How can I get admission to study PhD in English if secured 50% in M.A.(English) being a 52 years old candidate?
  17. Can I apply for Ph.D in MDU with 59% marks in MA English?
  18. How can I study correspondence PhD in English if secured less than 55% in Post Graduation?
25th April 2012, 03:20 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I apply for Ph.D in English from DU or Jamia Milia? I have done MA in English with 53% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangri View Post
Sir/Mam, I have completed my M.A in English from Gauhati University with 53.5% marks being an ST . Is there any chance applying for Ph.D in english in Delhi University or Jamia Milia ? If yes then when is it possible as I think its already late Can I try?

If you want to do PhD in English you can do it from Jamia Milia University. Your academic makes you eligible for pursuing it from Jamia Milia.
The admission procedure starts in July and December each year. The schedule of admission and the guidelines are displayed on Jamia's Website accordingly.
http://www.jmi.ac.in/aboutjamia/departments/English/courses-name/PhDEnglish-11/1

The total number of seats available is 26.
For your reference i have also attached the syllabus of Phd in English Course

For Delhi university available courses you can visit:
http://www.du.ac.in/index.php?id=39
Attached Files
File Type: pdf syllabus_english_phd- Jamia Milia.pdf(447.7 KB, 81 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?