17th November 2015, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Which course should i choose in post graduation to become a English professor in a college?

I have done BA in English. Now i am aspiring to do post graduation. My aim is to become a English lecturer in a college. So tell me which course should i choose in PG for the purpose?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility for assistant professor? Am I eligible for Assistant Professor after completing post graduation 24 years back with 53%?
  2. Eligibility for the post of assistant professor?
  3. How to become a professor in Junior College? I have done commerce from English Medium
  4. Am I eligible to become a Lecturer after completing B.A.(Political Science)?
  5. Scope for B.Math in India
  6. Can I appear for UGC-NET before Post Graduation? What subject to choose in PhD after MA English?
  7. List of colleges which offer English Post Graduation course in Italy? Detailed information about this course in Italy?
  8. Assistant Professor qualification issue with the university
  9. Can I do B.Ed along with Post graduation in English?
  10. Age limit for posts of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor?
  11. Qualifications required to be a Professor of engineering college? How to be a Professor?
  12. What is the qualification for Assistant Professor post in department of physics of Engineering College
  13. Eligibility for Professor, Assistant Professor and Lecturer in a polytechnic institute?
  14. How can I study Online M.Ed course if secured 61% in M.A.(Hindi) being a Professor?
  15. Indian universities offering 3 years master degree course?
  16. How can I study English in Post Graduation being a B.Com graduate?
  17. Is it valid to go for Assistant Professor Post in any engineering college in Karnataka if I do M.tech in KSOU
  18. Minimum qualification required to get the post of Assistant professor in Department of Physics of Engineering College -- [Most Discussed]
17th November 2015, 07:27 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should i choose in post graduation to become a English professor in a college?

You should choose MA in English in post graduation to become a English professor in a college.
After completion of MA degree course in English candidate can apply for English professor in most of the top colleges.
Course duration for MA in English is 2 years.
17th November 2015, 11:57 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should i choose in post graduation to become a English professor in a college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done BA in English. Now i am aspiring to do post graduation. My aim is to become a English lecturer in a college. So tell me which course should i choose in PG for the purpose?
Since, you have completed BA in English course so I suggest you to MA in English. Once, after completing MA in English you must appear and qualify in the NET entrance exam and complete PhD in English in order to become a English Professor.

Master Degree with 55% of marks is the minimum educational qualification required to apply for PhD English. Those candidates who already qualify in the NET entrance can direct admission into PhD course.
18th November 2015, 11:38 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Since you have completed your Graduation as BA in English, you should now opt MA in English in Post Graduation in order to become an English professor in a College.
After completing your Post Graduation in English you can apply as a Professor in many of the Colleges.
The duration of the course is 2 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?