1st February 2011, 02:32 PM
chaitali biswas

Can I apply for Ph.D. in folklore or fine arts after M.A. in forklore? Can I appear NET examination for Lectureship?

Sir /Madam

I am Chaitali Biswas. I live in Kolkata. On 2002 I have completed my graduation course in ceramic sculpture arts from govt. of art collage with 61.25% marks . After that on 2004 I also finished my M.A course in folklore From Kalyani University having 54.125% marks.

So I want to know can I appeared for phd course in folklore or fine arts? Can i appear NET exam for doing lectureship in any university

Thanks & Regards

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to do PhD in Fine Arts/Folklore without NET for a candidate who has secured 54.125% in M.A.?
  2. Can I study PhD in Fine Arts/Folklore if completed Graduation in Ceramic Sculpture Arts and M.A. in Folklore?
  3. How can I get Education Loan to study PhD in Fine Arts in UK?
  4. Eligibility to study PhD in Fine Arts for a postgraduate?
  5. List of colleges which offer PhD in Fine Arts in India? Entrance exam to get admission?
  6. Can I do Ph.D in IIT if I cleared UGC NET in Lectureship?
  7. How can I apply to study Masters in Fine Arts if completed B.A. in Political Science being Fine Arts teacher?
  8. Can I study PhD in Fine Arts after completion of M.A.(History)?
  9. How can I join distance education program for masters in fine arts after completing diploma in fine arts? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D in Folklore after qualifying in UGC NET JRF in Telugu literature? -- [New]
  11. For which subject I should apply for UGC-NET if completed Master of Fine Arts?
  12. Is there any kind of course and career opportunity available for 45 years old educated person?
  13. Eligibility for graduation in fine Arts while pursuing B.Sc (Hons) Anthropology? List of colleges/ Universities offering the same in Hyderabad?
  14. Admission process for Ph.D. course in Organic Chemistry?
  15. Admission process in Ph.D. under Organic Chemistry stream?
  16. How to pursue Ph.D. in Nanotechnology after M.Sc. in Microbiology?
  17. Can I do Ph.D in fine arts through distance mode in Punjab?
  18. List of colleges offering fine arts courses in Chennai? What is its course duration?
1st February 2011, 07:45 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Ph.D. in folklore or fine arts after M.A. in forklore? Can I appear NET examination for Lectureship?

Dear Friend

According to the eligibility criteria for NET examination;

One should have scored at least 55% in Master degree.
5% relaxation is given to those who belong to SC/ST/PH category.

So, you can't apply for NET now.

Also, there is a relaxation of 5% is given to those who already have a
Ph.D. degree and are intending for lectureship.

So, if you do Ph.D from some university through Non-NET category then
after your Ph.D. you can apply for NET examination for Lectureship.

For admission to Ph.D. programs directly (without NET) universities give notification.
Also, you can apply directly to a professor in a college of your interest.

The admission through Non-NET category is subject to the vacancy available
in the colleges which were supposed to be filled by NET but are vacant now.

Those who get admission through Non-NET category, don't get scholarship.

Thank You
1st February 2011, 08:03 PM
Shyam kumar patel

Default Re: Can I apply for Ph.D. in folklore or fine arts after M.A. in forklore? Can I appear NET examination for Lectureship?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good morning sir

According to the eligibility criteria for NET examination;

One should have scored at least 55% in Master degree.
5% relaxation is given to those who belong to SC/ST/PH category.

So, you can't apply for NET now.

Also, there is a relaxation of 5% is given to those who already have a
Ph.D. degree and are intending for lectureship.

So, if you do Ph.D from some university through Non-NET category then
after your Ph.D. you can apply for NET examination for Lectureship.

For admission to Ph.D. programs directly (without NET) universities give notification.
Also, you can apply directly to a professor in a college of your interest.

The admission through Non-NET category is subject to the vacancy available
in the colleges which were supposed to be filled by NET but are vacant now.

Those who get admission through Non-NET category, don't get scholarship.

Thank You
13th February 2011, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

I am expected to complete my M A degree in the subject of folk lore with 1st class in this year 2011. can u suggest me where should i apply for my phD. can i eligible to sit for college lecturerersh ip
10th April 2011, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

when date phd entensc exam
26th September 2011, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i have done my B.F.A in Applied Arts in 1991 and recently done my M.A in Drawing and Painting in 2010. I am interested to do Phd. As per my knowledge to do Phd. these days an entrance exam is compulsary for which the date is already over......can one be exempted from this entrance exam if he/she gives the NET exam which will be held on 26th december'2011. I mean can one clear the NET exam and get registered for Phd. in Visual Art/ Fine Art?
27th December 2011, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

Can i apply Mphill degree. Please inform it. the admission process .
20th September 2022, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

I did MA and Mphil in English but wish to do research in folklore. I am planning to do an MRes and Phd in Folklore abroad. Will I be able to apply for NTA NET exam if I pursue MRes rather than MLitt or MA abroad?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?