7th June 2011, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for UPSC exam after scoring 65% marks all over and 55% in PCM in 12th standard?

i have got 65 % marks over all and 55% marks in PCM in standard 12, can i apply for upsc exam?

28th August 2011, 10:33 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC exam after scoring 65% marks all over and 55% in PCM in 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have got 65 % marks over all and 55% marks in PCM in standard 12, can i apply for upsc exam?
Yes, You are eligible for UPSC Examination after completing 12Th from a recognised Board.

But After completing 12Th examination you are Only apply for NDA and SCRA Examination. NDA Stands for National Defense Academy and this examination was held Twice in a year.

>> To apply for NDA Examination you need to complete your 12Th examination from a recognised Board and Candidates may apply for any one of the wings - Army wings, Air-Force Wings and Naval wings.

>> For army wings any 12Th passed candidates may apply But for Naval and Air- Force wings you have to complete your 12Th examination with Physics and Maths as compulsory Subjects, There is No minimum Percentage eligibility criteria to apply for NDA Examination. But to apply for this examination your age should between 16.5 to 19 years.

>> You can also apply for SCRA Examination and To apply for SCRA Examination you must have completed your 12Th examination with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.

So, If you are Interested then please apply for these examination and If you want to get More Information then please check the official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
28th August 2011, 10:43 PM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC exam after scoring 65% marks all over and 55% in PCM in 12th standard?

Yes, You are eligible for UPSC Examination after completing 12Th from a recognised Board.

NDA Stands for National Defense Academy and this examination was held Twice in a year.
But After completing 12Th examination you are Only apply for NDA and SCRA Examination.

And to apply for this examination your age should between 16.5 to 19 years.

You can also apply for SCRA Examination.
And to apply for SCRA Examination you must have completed your 12Th examination with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.

For More Information then please check the official website -

http://upsc.gov.in

Thanks!!
28th August 2011, 10:52 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Definitely you can apply for UPSC exam after your 12th class with PCM stream,but their are only two exam in upsc with 12th class eligibility.They are NDA(National Defense Academy) and SCRA (Special Class Railway Apprentices).

Eligibility criteria for NDA and SCRA exam:
Education Qualification:
Candidate should complete 12th class with PCM stream.
Age limit:
Age should be between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

NDA and SCRA exam will conducted twice in year.

NDA-I notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 31st Dec 2011 to 30th Jan 2012.
Exam will held on 15th April 2012

NDA-II notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 5th May 2012 to 5th June 2012.
Exam will held on 19th Aug 2012.

SCRA-I notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 15th Oct 2011 to 14th Nov 2011.
Exam will held on 29th Jan 2012.

SCRA-II notification will be declaring soon.

For more details,see this attachment.
29th August 2011, 12:21 AM
NEIL6

Friend

Minimum qualification for UPSC exam is graduation but dont worry there are two exam of UPSC in which you can appear after completing your 12th with PCM subjects. That exams are of NDA and SCRA.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentices.

For more information you may visit:- www.upsc.gov.in
29th August 2011, 12:35 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Only graduate persons are eligible for UPSC exam except NDA .

UPSC exams are IFS , IAS , IES ,IPS ,SCRA so you can try for all UPSC exams.But you must be graduate from any recognized university.

There are no marks criteria for UPSC exam . But your exam must be in between 22 to 30 years .

Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

All the best.
29th August 2011, 01:14 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You have not mention that you want to appear for which UPSc exam..
There are various UPSC exams..And there are different criteria for different UPSC exams..

As you have done 12th only, then you are eligible for few UPSC exams like- NDA, SCRA..

Eligibility for NDA exam:-
For Army wing:-
*The candidate must have complete the 12th with 60% marks..
For Navy:-
*The candidate must have complete the 12th with physics , chemistry and maths with 60% marks.
For Air force:-
*The candidate must have complete the 12th with physics and maths.

Age criteria:-
* The candidates age should be in between 16.5-19 years..
Which is same for all.

Eligibility criteria for SCRA exam:-

Educational qualification:-
The candidate must have passed in the first or second division, the Higher Secondary (12 years) Examination under 10 plus 2 pattern of School Education with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination..

Age criteria:-
*The candidate must have attained the age 17 years or must have completed the age 21 years on 1st august of the year of examination..
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the age relaxation is 3 years..

now, you decide you will apply for which one..
All the best..
3rd September 2011, 07:50 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,
the different services of the upsc have different kind of requirements .
and you have not specified where or in which service you are interested.

after the 12th you can attempt the exams like NDA.
national defense academy offers admission to the candidates with age between 16 and half to 19 with the descent score in 12th exam.

the minimum requirement to attempt the upsc exams of the different services like ias or ips is graduation and age limit is between 21 to 30 years.

to know more about the upsc services visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks and best luck
30th April 2012, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

i am 17 years and 90 kg weight ,height-176cm ,is my weight a problem for selection in nda
30th April 2012, 11:05 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hello friend....

Yes,you are eligible for UPSC exam but you only applicable for NDA exam.This exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year.

NDA exam have three wings those are:
1.Indian army
2.Indian navy
3.Indian airforce.

ELIGIBILITY:
1.Applicant should complete graduation from a recognized university
2.Age limit for this exam 16.5 to 19 years.
3.Candidate should be a citizen of india.
4.Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

SELECTION PROCESS:
1.Written exam
2.Interview
3.Medical test

For you want more information about this exam visit www.upsc.gov.in

All the best....
13th May 2012, 06:35 AM
Unregistered

please can you tell me after selection in NDA can they teach me
26th July 2013, 02:13 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

Eligibility for UPSC exams are as follows

- You should be citizen of India
- You should have done your graduation from recognized college/institute
- no live backlog permitted
- your age should be in between 21-30 years
- Relaxation of 5 year for SC/ST and 3 year for OBC as per reservation rule

As it can be seen from eligibility that no minimum marks in graduation or 12th has been mentioned, you are eligible
You just need to pass your 12th and graduation from recognized college to become eligible.

All the best
26th July 2013, 10:33 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

UPSC stands for the Union Public Service Commission
========================================

♦> Union Public Service Commission Conducted various types of Examination every year for the various post like Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Engineering Service (IES), Indian Forest Service (IFS), National Defense Academy (NDA) etc.....

♦> To Become eligible for the above listed Examination a candidate must have completed at least their Bachelor degree in any of the Discipline from the Recognized Universities are applicable for it.....

♦> A candidate being in their Final year of Bachelor can also apply for the UPSC Examination......

♦> No any Percentages Criteria for appearing this exam......

Age Criteria:-
  • For General 21 to 30 years.
  • For OBC 21 to 33 years.
  • For SC/ST 21 to 35 years.
  • For PH/PWD 21 to 40 years.

Attempt Criteria:-
  • General 4 times.
  • OBC can 7 times.
  • For SC/ST No limit.

NDA:-
=========

♦> Since you have completed your 12th with PCM then you are eligible for one of the Examination which is conducted by the UPSC called NDA. NDA stands for the National Defense Academy conducted twice time in year....

Eligibility for NDA:-
  1. A candidate must have completed at least their 12th With PCM.
  2. Minimum age of candidate should be 16.5 year.
  3. Maximum Age should be 19 years.
  4. No age Relaxation..
  5. A candidate must be Indian Origin.
  6. Only Unmarried male candidate are applicable...

All the best

With Regards.......
DHARM
26th July 2013, 03:15 PM
maruthidevi

[

But After completing 12Th examination you are Only apply for NDA and SCRA Examination. NDA Stands for National Defense Academy and this examination was held Twice in a year.

>> To apply for NDA Examination you need to complete your 12Th examination from a recognised Board and Candidates may apply for any one of the wings - Army wings, Air-Force Wings and Naval wings.

>> For army wings any 12Th passed candidates may apply But for Naval and Air- Force wings you have to complete your 12Th examination with Physics and Maths as compulsory Subjects, There is No minimum Percentage eligibility criteria to apply for NDA Examination. But to apply for this examination your age should between 16.5 to 19 years.

>> You can also apply for SCRA Examination and To apply for SCRA Examination you must have completed your 12Th examination with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.

So, If you are Interested then please apply for these examination and If you want to get More Information then please check the official website -
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?