6th November 2011, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

Can I attempt for Civil Services being a Central Government Employee at an age of 35 years?

I am central govt.civilian employee of age 35. can i attempt for civil services (ias) in 2012

Related Questions:
  1. Can i attempt Civil Services with three years central government experience?
  2. Any age relaxation for me to appear in group I services of central government if I am a WB government employee?
  3. Age criteria for Government jobs after MBA with 59% marks?
  4. Can I get a job in any central government department? I am a retired AP state employee
  5. Age relaxation in Central government job being 30 years old State government employee?
  6. What is the age relaxation given for central government employee?
  7. Being a 38 years old Central Government GP C Employee, can I apply in same department as departmental candidate?
  8. Is there any age relaxation for central government female employee?
  9. Upper age limit for MPSC examination for Central Government employees?
  10. What is the maximum age limit for Central Government Employees for applying for Meghalaya Public Service Commission? -- [New]
  11. Am I eligible for SSC combined graduate level exam if I am central government employee? Is the maximum age limit 32 or 35 years? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Minimum age required for a Central Government Employee to be eligible for UPSC Exam?
  13. What is the age limit for Central Government Lady Employee for Civil Exam in India?
  14. What is the procedure to become a custom officer? What is the criteria?
  15. What is the procedure to become a custom officer?
  16. What are the requirements to become a custom officer?
  17. What is the rule of age relaxation for central government employee in graduate level examination
  18. What is the eligibility to apply for the post of custom/excise officer?
6th November 2011, 07:34 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I attempt for Civil Services being a Central Government Employee at an age of 35 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am central govt.civilian employee of age 35. can i attempt for civil services (ias) in 2012

IAS is a Civil Service, Exam to get this service is Civil Service Exam.

No you are not eligible to appear in Civil Service Exam.

This is the exam conducted for Indian youth who completed their degree
it is conducted by UPSC.
UPSC gives an opportunity for young bullets of country to take the exam after their 21 years of age until their 30 years.

That means that 21 is the minimum age limit and 30 is the max age limit.

In between these years as a General Applicant you can appear 4 times.
as a OBC applicant you can appear 7 times.
and as a SC/ST applicant there is no limit you can appear till your max age limit.

And I have forgot to tell about age relaxations for some special categories.
For general applicant the max age limit is 30 years.
For a OBC aspirant the max age limit is 33 years
For SC/ST aspirant the max age limit is 35 years.

As you have exceeded your maximum age limit you are not eligible to appear this exam anymore.
Sorry to Inform this.
but this is the fact.

Regards..
6th November 2011, 08:10 PM
miiky

Default Re: Can I attempt for Civil Services being a Central Government Employee at an age of 35 years?

UPSC gives an opportunity for young bullets of country to take the exam after their 21 years of age until their 30 years.

and as a SC/ST applicant there is no limit you can appear till your max age limit.

7th November 2011, 11:04 AM
sathish0038

Default Re: Can I attempt for Civil Services being a Central Government Employee at an age of 35 years?

hello sir,

You are not eligible for the Civil service exam.It was conducted by the UPSC government.

the age limit for the civil exam is 21 years unto 30 years.

The age limit for the general is :30 years
the age limit for OBS is :33
The age limit for the SC/ST is:35
after crossing 35 not eligible for the Civil service exams.

The number of possibilities to attempt the exam for general:4
OBC:7 times
there is no restriction for the SC/ST candidates you can appear upto your maximum age limit.
23rd November 2011, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Iam central govt employee appointed in 20-08-2007.My date of birth is 12-08-1971.Am I eligible for IAS exam?
22nd February 2012, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am 34
yrs old man from j&k wanted to appear in cse2012:is any age relaxation for j&k
24th February 2012, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

I m Advocate in Bombay, allmost I m full busy in my practice with my senior Advocate but I have interest in UPSC
and UPPCS so how can do west praperation and where I find praperational materials?

Adv. Lovekumar Sharma
15th April 2012, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

i am a freedom fighter son can i get age relaxation in staff selection commission exam
30th May 2012, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

My age is 43 years but advertisement says 41 years for state government job of AP. I am having excellent qualifications and also confident of passing the competative examination. Will they give me age relaxation in case of passing exams and at the time of applying I written only 40 years so that I will get hall ticket to write exams.
30th May 2012, 10:24 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I attempt for Civil Services being a Central Government Employee at an age of 35 years?

hi,

You are not eligible for the Civil service exam.It was conducted by the UPSC government.

the age limit for the civil exam is 21 years unto 30 years.

The age limit for the general is :30 years

the age limit for OBS is :33

The age limit for the SC/ST is:35

after crossing 35 not eligible for the Civil service exams.

And also you being a central government employ cannot write civil service exam...

The number of possibilities to attempt the exam for general:4
OBC:7 times

there is no restriction for the SC/ST candidates you can appear upto your maximum age limit.

All the best...
2nd April 2020, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

I am serving in Indian Army as soldier gd, I have completed my graduation and my dob is 9 Nov 1997, may I eligible for Upsc prelims exam.
4th April 2020, 06:09 PM
Vismithagowda

No you are not eligible to appear in Civil Service Exam.

This is the exam conducted for Indian youth who completed their degree
it is conducted by UPSC.

As you have exceeded your maximum age limit you are not eligible to appear this exam anymore.
Sorry to Inform this.
but this is the fact.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?