Unregistered

Can I attempt IAS exam if I am a student of BCA 6th semester

i am student of bca 6th sem from ignou so can i attempt ias exam

5th June 2013, 12:19 PM
M.PRUDHVI RAJ
Member+

Default Re: Can I attempt IAS exam if I am a student of BCA 6th semester

Hai friend,

Yes, you can attempt the IAS Exam even if you are in the 6th semester of BCA.

The minimum eligibility criteria to write the IAS exam is that you be in your final year of Degree aor you must have completed the Degree.

In order to become an IAS officer,first of all you need to crack civil services exam.UPSC conducts this exam yearly once for the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS etc

Selection procedure for IAS officer:-

1)CSAT(Civil Services Aptitude Test)
2)Main examination
3)Interview

Eligibility criteria:-

1)Candidate should be the citizen of India
2)Age limit is 21-30 years,relaxation will be there for OBC,ST,SC candidates
3)Maximum number of attempts are allowed for general category candidates is 4 times ,for OBCs 7 times and there is no limit for SC,ST candidates
4)Minimum qualification required is graduation,final year candidates are also eligible

Syllabus for CSAT 2013:-

You can get the syllabus for CSAT exam through the given link:-

http://www.csat.testbag.com/exam-analysis.php?tp=1&eid=CSAT&val=CSAT-Syllabus

Work Hard.

All the best.
5th June 2013, 06:26 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for CSAT, being a final year student. But if you got selected in interview, you must submit sufficient documents proving your qualification. Graduation from any of the recognized University is the necessary qualification. You must have completed 21 years in order to apply. Upper age limit is 30 years.
8th March 2017, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

I am currently in 6th semester BE can I apply for ias exam now ? Applications will be closing on 17th of March plz any one suggest me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?