27th March 2013, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam? I am a student of CSE 6th semester

i am a student of cse 6th sem,am i eligible for IAS exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for NTPC and Powergrid entrance after scoring 63.60% in 6th Semester?
  2. What should I do after scoring 63% while studying B.Tech CSE 6th semester?
  3. Am I eligible to write KAS Exam being a student from 6th semester of BE in Computer Science?
  4. Can I attempt IAS exam if I am a student of BCA 6th semester
  5. Can I get a job in IT companies after doing B.E CSE with 75%
  6. How to apply for off-campus placement for 6th semester B.Tech student? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How may I apply for 45 days long industrial training in Delhi and Chandigarh based IT companies? What's the procedure and fee structure for the same? I am B.Tech(CSE stream) student currently studying in 6th semester
  8. What to do to get a Job in Infosys being a candidate of pursuing 6th semester of B.Tech from CSE?
  9. How to apply for Summer Internship Training in IIT-Delhi for B.Tech CSE 6th semester student?
  10. What is the requirement to become an IPS? I am a student of MCA 6th semester
  11. Eligibility to attend TCS on-campus interview for a candidate who has secured 59% in B.Tech 6th semester? -- [New]
  12. Is a 6th Semester student of Electronics branch eligible for JTO exam?
  13. Will I be eligible to attend the campus interviews of Wipro, Accenture and Infosys after scoring 65% marks till 6th semester?
  14. Procedure to apply for Summer Training in TCS, Wipro and Accenture, Bangalore for B.E.(CSE) 6th semester student?
  15. Am I eligible for IAS exam after passing B.Tech CSE
  16. Procedure to apply for Summer Training programme in Wipro, Gurgaon for B.Tech(CSE) 6th semester student?
  17. In which field should I do my summer training(4-6 weeks long)? List of the companies for the same? Should I do the training in VLSI? I am a B.Tech(CSE stream, 6th semester) student
  18. Am I eligible for MCA entrance exam in Ahmedabad? I am pursuing BCA(6th sem) from IGNOU
30th May 2013, 05:19 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam? I am a student of CSE 6th semester

You will be eligible for IAS after completing graduation. Graduates in any subject can apply for IAS. You must have completed 21 years to apply. Upper age limit is 30 years. With in the allowed time, one can attend the test atmost 4 times.
29th December 2017, 10:42 AM
nishanth60

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam? I am a student of CSE 6th semester

No, you are not eligible for IAS entrance exam conducted by UPSC every year as you are studying 6th semester of your Computer Science Engineering.
Eligibility for IAS exam :
-> Educational qualification required to apply for this exam is Graduation in any stream from UGC approved institution or university and final year degree pursuing students are also eligible to apply for it.
-> Number of attempts allowed :
* 6 times for General category
* 9 times for OBC candidates and
* No limit for SC and ST candidates.
-> Age limit :
* 21-32 years for General category candidates
* 21-35 years for OBC candidates
* 21-37 years for SC, ST candidates and Ex-servicemen.
-> Selection process:
* Preliminary exam which is objective type
* Main exam is descriptive type and is conducted in 9 papers
* Personal interview for the candidates who got shortlisted in main examination.
31st December 2017, 08:36 AM
srkallinone

Recently you are not eligible for IAS exam as studying in 6th Class.

IAS Eligibility
- You must have passed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
- Age Limit : 21 to 32 years. Upper age limit for OBC is 35 years and for SC/ST is 37 years.
- Maximum Attempt Limit : 6 for General, 9 for OBC and No limit for SC/ST.

Selection Stages
- Preliminary Test
- Main Test
- Interview
31st December 2017, 07:30 PM
MNB1234

You can appear in IAS exams once you are in the last semester of your graduation course.

This exams is conducted for selection of posts like IAS, IPS, IFS etc

This exam is conducted in three stages:
Prelims
Mains
Interviews

Educational Qualifications to appear in this exams:Graduation pass in any stream from an recognised University

Age Limit:Minimum 21 years for all candidates
Maximum age is 32 years for General category candidates
3 years age relation for OBC candidates
5 years for SC/ST candidates

Number of attempts:
6 attempts for general candidates
9 attempts for OBC candidates
No restriction for SC/ST candidates
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?