17th January 2012, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an Air Hostess after having an eye-sight correction through spectacles?

Can i become an Air Hostess if i have eye-sight correction through spectacles?

9th July 2012, 06:40 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an Air Hostess after having an eye-sight correction through spectacles?

Well if you aspire to be Air Hostess then you can not wear spectacles however contact lenses are exception but there is a catch which I would explain in details with other requirements.

Air Hostess is one of the most preferred jobs among the women not just in India but around the world. Even though the global airlines especially airlines in India are going through some crisis, this hasn't put any dent in Air Hostess as a profession.

There are reasons to be Air Hostess. On average air hostesses get somewhere between Rs.20,000 to Rs 35,000 per month excluding the perks. This figure varies from airlines to airlines and the salary tends to go up with performance and experience. There is also chances of getting promotion to become

Senior Hostess/Steward

Cabin Supervisors

Training Manager etc.

In order to become Air Hostess there are some criteria that you need to meet. Please read the following very carefully.

Age Limit:

The minimum age limit for Air Hostess in India is 19 years. This has been set by the Director General Civil Aviation (DGCA) which all airlines are required to meet.

The airlines have age criteria of their own. Most airlines in India prefer air hostess to be between 19 to 27 years.

Qualification:

Most airlines prefer graduates however some are also preferring 10+2 candidates. But the main priority is given to candidate with diploma or degree in Hotel Management or Tourism Management.

You should have passport.

Physical Standards:

Height: The height of female air hostess should be around 157.5 cms. This is what all major airlines prefer in India however this is not the case for every airline.

Weight: The weight of female air hostess should be in propotion to her height. All airlines are very strict about this rule. Even if you have 2 kg more than their chart, you may not be selected.

Eyesight: Airlines prefer the distant vision of 6/24 in each eye which can be correctable to at least 6/6 to one eye and 6/9 to other eye. The airlines would not allow you to wear eyeglasses, neither the candidates who have gone through operation to correct their vision will be selected. However you can wear contact lens but the power of your lens should not exceed -2D (Minus Two Diopters).

Swimming: It is necessary that all air hostess knows how to swim. Most airlines fly over the oceans and in case of emergency air hostess should be able to safeguard the lives of passengers.
25th July 2012, 02:34 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I become an Air Hostess after having an eye-sight correction through spectacles?

i too wanna become a flight attendant , but the only problem is my eyesight .... its -4D in the right eye and -4.5D in the left ..... wz thinkinig of getting laser lasik , but aftr reading ur comment i am shattered ... dat means i am not eligible.... help me :(
25th August 2013, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

My right eye sight is -2.5 n of left is -2.75.....
Is it possible to wear contact lenses or get laser trtmnt to becom air hostres?? Pls answer.... I wil b thank ful to u.
25th August 2013, 11:58 AM
s.snedh
Member+

Most airlines prefer normal vision or minimum uncorrected distant vision of 6/24 in each eye. Correctable to at least 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in the other eye. If you are aspiring to work as a air-hostess and wear glasses, then switch over to contact lenses as early as possible. Power of your contact lenses should not exceed -2D (Minus Two Diopters). Candidates who have undergone any eye surgery to improve their vision or to correct colour blindness, are not eligible to apply.

Good Luck....
13th May 2014, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

I don't know about my power of contact lens but my power in spectacles is 0.75 in right and0.25 in left am I eligible.
5th February 2015, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

sir, I want to become an air hostess but I am wearing spectacles with 0.25 power ,may I am able for this job..
19th March 2016, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

I want to be an air hostess but I have a problem with my eyesight(left 2.75 & right 2.5) i think am not eligible to be an airhostess, am i?
8th August 2016, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

My eyesight is very poor with -2. 75 and I am using contact lens so can I eligible for job?
5th September 2016, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/ma'am i am keen to become an airhostess...My is age 22,height 5'5..i have eyesight problem ( -2 right and -1.50 left)...can i eligible for this job with lenses ?
17th March 2017, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

My dream is to be an Air Hostess but my eye-sight is too weak. I am wearing spectacles of power -5.5D in this condition can I become an Air Hostess?
29th March 2017, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

My eyesight is -1.25 in both side of my eyes, can I eligible for this job, by wearing contact lenses?
11th April 2017, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

My eyesight is -4 and -1 am i eligible for cabin crew with wearing lense my age 20
16th April 2018, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

I have eye sight problem i have - 2 in one eye and - 3.5 in another eye. Can i apply for an air hostess?
26th April 2018, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

I have eye sight problem I have -9 in one eye and -6 in another eye can I become air hostess?
17th June 2018, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

My eye sight no. Is 2.5 if i wear lenses not spectacles so can i able to do this job or not?
31st January 2019, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

To become cabin crew in domestic Or international airline can I join after icl eye surgery after the six months
11th July 2019, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

My eye power is 0.75 in both eyes after going through laser treatment of eye I can apply for air hostess
12th May 2020, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for an cabin after a ear surgery ,
4th August 2023, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

I am having 4 number spectacles
If I have a lazer operation can I be an air hostess
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?