12th April 2015, 06:11 PM
S KHATRI

Can I become a CS after class 12? Criteria for it?

I am in 12 class now after 12 how can i become a cs? and what creteria percentage for 12 class is needed can anyone please tell me?

12th April 2015, 09:28 PM
poojasingh151

Default Re: Can I become a CS after class 12? Criteria for it?

CS stands for the Company Secretary.

There is no such % criteria in 10+2 marks to appear for the Company secretary course but higher is the percentage of marks in 10+2 better is the chance of getting good institute for this course.

Candidates those who have passed 10+2 can appear for the foundation courses of Company secretary. Anyone who has done bachelor's degree in commerce or non commerce background, you can directly appear for the second stage of CS that is called Intermediate or Executive program.

Final stage of CS course is professional program and trainings.

For any more details, you can visit the official website of Institute of Company Secretaries of India, www.icsi.edu
12th April 2015, 09:43 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by S KHATRI View Post
I am in 12 class now after 12 how can i become a cs? and what creteria percentage for 12 class is needed can anyone please tell me?
To become Company Secretary (CS), you have to complete your intermediate examination because to join the CS Course you must have completed your 10+2 examination from a recognized board. There are three stages in Company Secretary Programme i.e.

1. Foundation Programme
2. Executive Programme
3. Professional Programme.

When you have completed your 12th examination from a recognized board, then you are eligible to appear for Foundation Programms. The company Secretary examination is conducted by ICSI (Institute of company secretaries of India). Foundation program is the first stage of CS courses.

Those who have enrolled for the 10+2 examination can apply with the proof of passing the examination within 6 months.

The Foundation course examination is going to be conducted in 6-7 June 2015.

The duration of Foundation programme is 8 months and the examination is conducted twice in a year i.e. in June and December.

When you have completed your 12th examination, then you are eligible to register for CS Foundation Programme. Only after passing and qualifying the Foundation programme, you are eligible for next stage i.e. Executive Programme.

The last stage of the Company Secretary Course is Professional Programme. Those who successfully completed both the two stages are eligible to be admitted to the Professional Program.

Note: It is compulsory to complete the 15 months Apprenticeship with a Company Secretary, to fully qualified as a Company Secretary in India.

If you want to get more information, then please visit the official website of ICSI.

Official Website
12th April 2015, 09:48 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

CS stands for " Company Secretary " Which is a professional course can be done after +2 onwards , It has three levels Foundation , Executive - Internship for 1.5 years, final.

The Student those who are interested to join this Course after passing the Graduation themn they have two stages of the Company Secretaryship i.e.

Executive Programme

Professional Programme

SUBJECTS:

Foundation Programme [4 papers]:

Business Environment & Entrepreneurship

Business Management, Ethics and Communication

Business Economics

Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing

Executive Programme [7papers]

Group i :

Company Law

Cost and Management Accounting

Economic and Commercial Laws

Tax Laws and Practice

Group ii:

Company Accounts and Auditing Practices

Capital Markets and Securities Laws

Industrial, Labour and General Laws

Final [8 papers]

Group i :

Company Secretarial Practice

Drafting, Appearances and Pleadings

Group II:

Financial, Treasury and Forex Management

Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency

Group III:

Strategic Management, Alliances and International Trade

Advance Tax Laws and Practices

Group IV

Due Diligence and Corporate Compliance Management

Governance, Business Ethics and Sustainability

for more details visit website http://www.icsi.edu
12th April 2015, 10:48 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Yes, you are applicable for C.S course after 12th class.

Company Secretary Course has three courses:

1.Foundation Course
2.Intermediate Course
3.Final Course

To apply for Foundation level, you must have passed 12th class from recognized Indian institution. To apply for foundation level, visit this link www.icsi.edu/student/careerascompanysecretary.aspx

To apply for Intermediate level, you must have passed graduation in commerce from recognized Indian institution or Foundation level.

To apply for Final level, you must have passed Intermediate level.
13th April 2015, 03:47 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to apply for CS course after 12th.

CS stands for Company Secretary.

-The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) conducts the Company Secretary Exam with the name Company Secretary Exam commonly known as CS exam.

-There are three stages to this exam –

*Foundation programme,

*Executive programme and

*Professional Programme.

- The CS Exam is conducted twice in an year – June and December.

-The candidate should have cleared 10+2 exams to become eligible for this exam. Provisional registration is also allowed for students of 10+2 awaiting their results.

-Students who have cleared CA-CPT or have cleared CMA Foundation Exams or students who have a Master’s degree in any discipline other than Fine Arts are exempt from appearing CS Foundation Exams.
13th April 2015, 06:57 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

To opt for Company Secretary Career, Please go through the following educational programmes for which below is the mentioned eligible educational qualification is required:

1. Foundation Programme

2. Executive Programme

3. Professional Programme

Eligibility for Foundation Course -

The minimum educational qualification required to apply for a company secretary foundation course is 10+2 in any stream. Students who have appeared in their class XII exam and are waiting for their results are also eligible for the course.

Eligibility for Intermediate/ Executive Course -

Graduates of all streams except Fine Arts are eligible for a company secretary executive course. Candidates who are qualified in Foundation course and are below 17 years of age can also apply for executive program.

Eligibility for Final/ Professional Course -

After having qualified in the Intermediate course, a student is eligible to study the final course.

::::::::Company Secretary Course Fee::::::::

Tuition fees & admission fees need to be paid for all the 3 levels.

The cost of Foundation course is 3600 rupees,
The cost of Intermediate course it is 7750 rupees, and
The cost of Final course it is 7500 rupees .

::::::::Institutes Offering Company Secretary Course in India::::::::

ICSI Agra

ICSI Ahmedabad

ICSI Ajmer

ICSI Allahabad

ICSI Alwar

ICSI Amritsar

ICSI Bangalore[/LIST]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?