1st October 2013, 12:39 AM
SAHUKARISHMA

What is the IES entrance exam criteria?

I'm a engineering graduate wth second class..i want to know about ies exam's percentage criteria as i heard from many that there is 60% criteria but i still have a doubt for this plz tell me the reality

1st October 2013, 02:37 PM
single1

Smile Re: What is the IES entrance exam criteria?

hai friend...
To be eligible for IES exams, you should have a degree in any of the following:
- Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering

An M.Sc. in Wireless Communication, Radio Physics, Electronics, or Radio Engineering is also sufficient for certain posts.

Your age should be at least 21 years. Upper age limit is 30 years.

Wish you all the best.
1st October 2013, 04:24 PM
ramajb

Default Re: What is the IES entrance exam criteria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHUKARISHMA View Post
I'm a engineering graduate wth second class..i want to know about ies exam's percentage criteria as i heard from many that there is 60% criteria but i still have a doubt for this plz tell me the reality
Not necessary to 60 % criteria you are the eligible for the IES entrance exam
1st October 2013, 07:42 PM
ahad100

To be eligible for IES exams, you should have a degree in any of the following:
- Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering

An M.Sc. in Wireless Communication, Radio Physics, Electronics, or Radio Engineering is also sufficient for certain posts.

Your age should be at least 21 years. Upper age limit is 30 years.
2nd October 2013, 07:20 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

What you have heard is incorrect. There is no 60 percent marks requirement for the Indian Engineering Service. As the matter of fact there is no marks criteria at all for the Indian Engineering Service.

You should simply have a Engineering degree. If you have completed Bachelor of Technology then it does not matter whether you have scored 60 percent or 40 percent, you are eligible for the entrance exam.

But yes when you apply please ensure there is no pending backlogs. You must clear them, otherwise there are no issues. The Indian Engineering Service is conducted in 4 branches of Bachelor of Technology

Mechanical

Electrical

Electronics and Communications

Civil

Now it does not mean that candidates who have B.Tech degree in other streams are not eligible. But you must appear for exam is these 4 branches which mean you will have to prepare for any one of them.

IES Eligibility

1. You should be Indian national.

2. Citizen of Nepal is also eligible.

3. Subject of Bhutan can also apply.

4. You should have valid B.Tech degree.

5. Percentage scored does not matter.

6. Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

7. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

8. While 5 years relaxation for SC and ST.
2nd October 2013, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

The candidates who possess an engineering degree in any of the following specializations from a recognized university are eligible to apply for the IES entrance exam.
Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering,Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
1) Obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions
established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
2)Passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India)
3) Obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/ College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognized by
The Government for the purpose from time to time.
4) Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India).
5) Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India.
6) Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.
Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) and Engineer, Gr. 'A' in
Wireless Planning & Coordination Wing/ Monitoring Organisation may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification
Mentioned below namelyM.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?