3rd June 2012, 05:14 PM
smartsanjay0

Can I become an IAS after doing B.Tech from electrical and electronics engineering?

I am doing b.tech from electrical & electronics engg. Can i become an IAS?

Related Questions:
  1. Names of the universities through which I can complete my B.Tech in Haryana? I have passed diploma in Mechanical
  2. Can I study B.Tech(Electrical & Electronics Engineering) being a Diploma Electrical Engineer?
  3. Mtech in aeronautics after btech in electrical and electronics? possible?
  4. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  5. How to do marine engineering if I am a electrical and electronics engineering student?
  6. Can I do my M.Tech in Embedded system after completing B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics engineering?
  7. Eligibility criteria for IAF CET exam? Date of the CET and date of sale of forms?
  8. Can I pursue M.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from CVSR college of engineering?
  9. Which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an electrical engineering student?
  10. Am I eligible for Marine course after B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
  11. JNTU B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering-Power Systems-I Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Paper
  12. How to join airforce after BE? UES exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  14. Is IAS exam only for B.Tech in Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Mechanical branch?
  15. Which is better to study among B.Tech and AMIE after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering? -- [New]
  16. Is Annamalai University approved by any universities in Kerala?
  17. Can I become an IAS after doing B.Tech from electrical and electronics engineering?
  18. Am I eligible for TCS if I have cleared the 2 backlogs in 2nd semester and scored 60% upto 6th semester?
4th June 2012, 08:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IAS after doing B.Tech from electrical and electronics engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartsanjay0 View Post

You are from B-Tech Background from Electrical department so you are applicable for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service .IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year through Civil Service Exam.So you must attend in CSAT exam.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university are applicable for IAS exam.Final year student are also applicable for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. for OBC candidate it is 7 times and for general candidate it is 5 times.

Civil Service examination can be divided as three stages.

1)Preliminary
2)Main exam
3)Interview

THE OPTIONAL SUBJECT FOR IAS EXAM=>

You are from electrical background so you have a good option to crack the IAS exam because Electrical is a optional subject for IAS exam.So you can choose any other scoring subject from below given.

For this year Civil Service Exam date is already over so you can wait for next notification for CSAT exam in UPSC website.

For more details about IAS exam click on the link www.upsc.gov.in

4th June 2012, 10:30 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IAS after doing B.Tech from electrical and electronics engineering?

Yes, you can become an IAS officer after doing B.Tech.

To become an IAS officer you have to apply for Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year and after cracking three phase selection exams you can become an IAS officer.

Any Graduate from a recognised University in any stream of education can apply for Civil Service Exam.

The candidate must be an Indian National within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years and for OBC 3 years and for Physically handicapped up to 10 years.

The selection is through three phases:-

PRELIMINARY EXAM- CSAT - CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST comprises of all objective type questions.

CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAM comprises of subjective type questions from prescribed syllabus.

PERSONAL INTERVIEW

As you are a B.Tech. Engineer with an Electrical subject, you can choose Electrical as one of your optional subject along with others.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th June 2012, 11:57 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartsanjay0 View Post

yes Since you hold a bachelor degree in Btech you are eligible for IAS exam.

Other eligibility factors are
1) AGE LIMIT - The candidate must have attained a minimum 21 years of age and should not be over 30 years of age
A relaxation of 5 years will be given to Schedule Caste and Schedule tribe candidates and of 3 years to other backward classes candidates in the upper age limit.

2)The candidate must be an Indian National.

There are three stages in UPSC exam- 'preliminary', 'main' and personality test which is the Interview.
The preliminary exam has 2 objective type papers of 2 hours of duration. One paper will be of General studies and second paper will be an optional subject paper.

Earlier some changes were made in the preliminary test with some aptitude test elements now some more changes will be made in the main exam from 2013 However the changes are yet to be decided.
4th June 2012, 12:46 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

yes you are eligible for the IAS exam from the b.tech background.

IAS stands for Indian Adminstration Service. This exam conducted by the union public service commission once in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Nationality:

The candidate should be citizen of india.

Educational Qualification:

the candidate should be completed the graduation from any recognized university.

There is no minimum percentage required to eligible for this exam.

The final year appearing candidates are eligible for this exam.

Age limit:

the candidate should be between 21 to 30 years.

The age relaxation for the obc candidates is 21 to 33 years.

The age relaxation for sc/st candidates is 21 to 35 years.

Both male and female candidates are eligible for this exam.

No. Of attempts:

4 attempts for the general category

7 attempts for the obc category

there is no limit of attempts for the sc/st categories.

Physical standards:

the candidate should have physically and medically fit for this exam.

SELECTION PROCESS:

CSAT-civil service aptitude test

Preliminary exam

main exam

interview.

Syllabus for preliminary exam:

Electrical Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Civil Engineering

Economics

Geography

Geology

History

Law Management

Mathematics

Medical science

philosophy

Physics

Political science

International Relations

Psychology

Public adminstration

Sociology

Statistics

Zoology

Agriculture

Animal Husbandry

Veterinary science

Botany

Commerce

Accountancy

for more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
4th June 2012, 03:52 PM
rishitharedy

Smile Re: Can I become an IAS after doing B.Tech from electrical and electronics engineering?

if you are really intrested and serious with your target ie..ias..u will surely get it irrespective of your branch in btech..with proper coaching and guidance you will surely get through it...all the best..
5th June 2012, 12:04 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yes friend b.tech graduation students are also eligible for IAS(Indian Administrative Service) exam and this exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commissioe)one time in a year.

This year exam was already over so you can apply this exam in next year.

Eligibility criteria:

The candidate should be complete graduation or equivalent degree in any stream from a recognised university.

Final year appearing candidates should also be eligible.

There is no percentage restrictions for this exam.

The candidate must be a citizen of india.

Age criteria:-

The age limits for General category is 21 years to 30years,

The age limits for OBC category is 21 years to 33 years,

The age limits for SC/ST category is 21 years to 35 years.

Selection process:

Civil services preliminary examination,

Civil services mains exam,

Personal interview.

No.of attempts:-

For general category 4 times,

For OBC category 7 times,

No limit for SC/ST category.

For more details visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

[/B]
8th June 2012, 12:37 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Yes,you are applicable for IAS(INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE) exam with the B.TECH background this exam is conducted by the UPSC(UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION) once a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM:

1.Candidate should complete graduation or equivalent course from a recognized university.

2.Candidate should be a citizen of india.

3.Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years.

4.3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates.

5.5 years for SC/ST candidates.

SELECTION PROCEDURE:

1.Preliminary exam

2.Main exam

3.Interview

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

1.4 times choice for general candidates

2.7 times choice for OBC candidates

3.No limit for SC/ST candidates.

For more information please visit www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK....
25th August 2012, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

sir, is electrical and electronics engg core subject?
28th August 2012, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

i am doing btech from strem electronics communication. how can i become an ias officer?
31st January 2014, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

WHAT ARE THE BASIC THINGS WE HAVE TO DO AFTER COMPLETING ENGINEERING
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?