23rd August 2011, 07:26 PM

Can I choose the combination of Physics and Maths in IAS exam? How to prepare for it?

I want to give ias exam with physics & mathematics as main subject. Is it possible to choose this combination ? and also provide me some guidelines to prepare.

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IAS exam after completing BSc(Maths, physics and computer science)
  2. Which subject combination to choose for IAS exam?
  3. Best possible subjects combination for me in graduation? I want to apply for IAS later
  4. Preferred subject to choose in graduation in order to prepare for IAS? -- [New]
  5. Will I be eligible for MSc in Physics without having Maths in my combination?
  6. List of physics books name for IAS?
  7. Procedure to become an IAS? What subjects to choose for IAS Exam?
  8. Which subjects should i choose for ias exam after my BSc mathematics physics, computer science
  9. Which Optional subject should I choose for IAS Exam after completion of B.Sc in Physics Honors?
  10. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  11. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? Which are the subjects that would help?
  12. Can I become an IAS/IPS officer after passing commerce but not interested in Maths? What should I choose between IP and Hindi?
  13. Career options after commerce+maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What is pattern for IAS exam if i choose maths?
  15. Information regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which Optional subjects should I choose for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?
  16. How can I get admission in M.Sc Physics after completion of B.Sc Physics?
  17. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  18. Possibility of choosing Physics and Maths along with Commerce and Computer Science?
24th August 2011, 09:17 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I choose the combination of Physics and Maths in IAS exam? How to prepare for it?

Dear Friend

This combination (Maths+Physics) is allowed in Civil Services Main examination.
You can take Mathematics and Physics as optional subjects for Civil Service Main examination.

To prepare for the examination you should first go through the syllabus for the exam.
Find out the topics on which you have more command. You should first brush up your
concepts on those topics which you know better. Then you should start the other
topics. You should refer study material of some coaching to get the idea about the
required depth of study. If possible for you, you can join some coaching for regular
classroom. Coaching classes are beneficial for sure if you think that, you need some
proper guidance.
All the question asked in Civil Services examination are generally within the limit of
graduation level but sometimes it may include bit above level so you should prepare
in such a way that you can feel yourself master in your subject upto the graduation level.
You should also refer previous year question papers to increase your awareness regarding
examination pattern and level of questions etc.
24th August 2011, 09:37 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I choose the combination of Physics and Maths in IAS exam? How to prepare for it?

Hello friend,

Yes, you are allowed to write Maths and Physics as your optional papers in the civil service Main exam. One can not take statistics along with mathematics but as far as physics is concerned, there is no such restriction.

If you want to crack the exam, you must keep your strategy simple and clear.
You just need to follow the syllabus.
You should not ignore any topic.
You must be familiar with the format of the question paper.
You must refer to previous year question papers.
Follow IGNOU study material for any subject, it has the most updated syllabus.

If you could do all these things, acing the exam won't be a tough job.
24th August 2011, 10:02 PM
ani_ban

Thumbs up Re: Can I choose the combination of Physics and Maths in IAS exam? How to prepare for it?

Dear friend ,
Yes you can chose that combination there is no problem but for IAS you have to prepare very seriously , best coaching centers are situated at Delhi, But don't worry my friend do prepare seriously you can definitely crack.
Wish you all the best
24th August 2011, 10:25 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I want to give ias exam with physics & mathematics as main subject. Is it possible to choose this combination ? and also provide me some guidelines to prepare.

combination of Physics and Maths in IAS exam:-

yes ,this combination is allowed for civil sevices examination.

this is very good combination of the science as well as engineering students.

because the students who have well command on physics also have very good command on the math.so it is very good combination.

Regarding the preparation of the exam i would like to say cover the full syllabus.

do not neglect any of the topics that is including in the syllabus and also do not touch any topics which is not mention in the syllabus.

you should focus also on mains paper.But first you give more attention on prelim exam .

Because only after the qualify the Prelim exam you will be called for the mains exam.

some time what happens candidate give more attention on mains paper while they do not care for the prelim exam and often then do not qualified the PT exam.
so do the preparation on the balance way.
25th December 2011, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

is there anything like science students are given preference over others while making selection for interview for the ias?
20th June 2012, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir can I choose pubad and physics as opt for mains. which are the best books for physics please guide me
6th December 2012, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

I have completed Diploma in Electronics and communication and then I have completed BScIT from Kuvempu University(Distance education). Am I eligible foe IAS exam? If yes then Can i choose Physics and math as main subject?
What will be other subjects with physics and science??
6th December 2012, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma in E&C. Then I have completed my graduation BScIT from kuvampu university(Distance education). Am I eligible to give IAS exam? If yes then can I choose Maths and Science as main subject?? what will be other compulsory subject with maths and physics?
6th December 2012, 05:09 PM
ShujaShaheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Yes it is possible to give IAS exam with Physics and Mathematics as main subject. Start solving the previous years questions to get a proper idea of the pattern and then start solving some good books accordingly.
22nd June 2013, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

is math, physics&chemistry is highly needed for ias exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?