26th August 2011, 01:03 PM
manishbhardwaj123

Procedure to become an IAS? What subjects to choose for IAS Exam?

i want to know about the procrdure of ias paper
combination of choosen subjects
and other necessary guidlines

Related Questions:
  1. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  2. Which subjects should i choose for ias exam after my BSc mathematics physics, computer science
  3. How many subjects to choose for IAS? Previous years question papers for EE engineering?
  4. How many optionals to we have to choose for IAS exam as per the latest syllabus? Is the prelims common for everybody?
  5. How to join IAS exam after passing B.Tech? Which subjects should I choose as optional subject?
  6. Best suitable course after XII Medical to become an IAS Officer? -- [New]
  7. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? Which are the subjects that would help?
  8. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  9. Which Optional Subjects should I choose for IAS Exam?
  10. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? Subjects to be chosen? Requirements and books to be referred?
  11. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  12. Which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an electrical engineering student?
  13. Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Which subjects to choose for IAS? I am a Biotechnology student
  15. Which Optional Subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a Bio-Agri candidate?
  16. How to prepare for IAS? Subjects to study?
  17. Exam pattern of IAS exam? Procedure to get the application form? Eligibility Criteria of IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What are the main terms for IAS?
26th August 2011, 08:42 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Procedure to become an IAS? What subjects to choose for IAS Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishbhardwaj123 View Post
i want to know about the procrdure of ias paper
combination of choosen subjects
and other necessary guidlines
Hi Manish !
IAS is not a Paper it is a service or in our language it is a job . To get job as IAS officer you have to clear an examination called CSE(Civil Service Examination)
This exam is conducted by UPSC.

Now I'm going to tell you the procedure to become IAS officer
then I'm going to tell you about Pattern of the examination conducted to recruit IAS officer.

First,
Procedure to become IAS officer is :-
->you should complete your degree from a recognized Indian University.
->you should get the age of 21 years and should not exceed 30 years.
->you should then clear the three level exam pattern
->first you need to clear CSAT which is the screening exam conducted.
->After that Mains is the big hurdle for every aspirant.
->then the Personal interview is the final hurdle
->after that result will be announced
->you will be given a service according to your choice and cadre according to your fate.
->you will be called for training.
->after completing the training period you will be appointed as IAS officer in your cadre.
this is the procedure and path which is followed by every Aspirant of IAS

Now I'm going to tell you about pattern of the three leveled examination and how to crack those exams.

->First level is prelims.Now the same is called as CSAT (Civil Service Aptitude Test)

this exams motto is to find out the serious applicants for the examination.this exam will check the IQ level of the applicant.
this exam is conducted in Multiple Choice format.
if you want to crack this exam then you should be thorough with the format and prepare according to the syllabus.

Next Mains this is the subjective type you have to do intense preparation on the selected optional subjects.and need to crack this level with care.In this stage only the subject selection will come into picture if you do preparation with coaching institute then they will clearly explain you how to select the subjects.

next is Interview this will be like the HR round but with more than one HR Manager.
This can be easily cracked by anyone who prepare and has habituated with interviews.

this is all about the procedure of the examination and the ways to crack the Entrance.

all the best for your preparation

Regards

~AdityA~
26th August 2011, 09:11 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Default Re: Procedure to become an IAS? What subjects to choose for IAS Exam?

Dear friend,
Criterion for IAS officer is:
1>You should be a Graduate .
2>Your age must be between 21-30
Remember to be an IAS you have to sit for CSE which comes under UPSC. This is one of the toughest exam.So prepare well for it.Best of luck.
15th September 2011, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

what subjects are in IAS including?????? and what subjects we choose???????/
15th September 2011, 10:39 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what subjects are in IAS including?????? and what subjects we choose???????/
Procedure to become an IAS?

First thing,you should have a graduate degree in any recognized university or equivalent qualification.

Age should be between 21 years and 30 years.

To become I.A.S officer then you need to crack the Civil Service Examination.(CSE).

The examination is divided into three parts :-

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

What subjects to choose for IAS Exam?

The optional subjects of I.A.S Examination(Main).There is a twenty five optional subjects in the main examination.The subjects are......

Agriculture

Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science

Anthropology

Botany

Chemistry

Civil Engineering

Commerce & Accountancy

Economics

Electrical engineering

Geography

Geology

India History

Management

Mathematics

Mechanical Engineering

Medical Science

Philosophy

Physics

Political Science & International relations

Psychology

Public Administration

Sociology

Statistics

Zoology

You can select any one of this subjects.This subjects are available in the main examination.Another important information is following combinations are not allowed to appear for this examination.

Political Science & International relations and Public Administration

Commerce and Management

Anthropology and Sociology

Mathematics and Statistics

Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science

Any two branches of engineering

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
17th September 2011, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

sir,iam sindhu, i have completed my mba in finance.Now i want to become an ias officer.please help me by clearing my doubt of how many subjects should to be taken in prelims and mains.
23rd September 2011, 06:57 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

this exam is conducted by UPSC every years.
for appearing in this exam you must have to complete your graduation in any stream.
the age limit exist for this exam 21-30. with 5 years of relaxations for SC\ST candidates.
The examination is divided into three parts :-

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

.The subjects are...... have to choose....

Agriculture

Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science

Anthropology

Botany

Chemistry

Civil Engineering

Commerce & Accountancy

Economics

Electrical engineering

Geography

Geology

India History

Management

Mathematics

Mechanical Engineering

Medical Science

Philosophy

Physics

Political Science & International relations

Psychology

Public Administration

Sociology

Statistics

Zoology

You can select any one of this subjects.This subjects are available in the main examination.Another important information is following combinations are not allowed to appear for this examination.
30th October 2011, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

sir, kya ek B.A kiya hua student science subjects ias or pcs exams ke liye lesakta hai.
5th November 2011, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

im in 8th class what subjects can i prefer to become a ias
9th February 2012, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

sir,i'm stdnt of 9th.my ambition is to be an I.A.S officer.
my favourite sbjct is math scnc.
is it possible to be an IAS.
pls rply
what is important for it.

MD.NAIYYAR AFJAL
11th April 2012, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i m satish i pursuing my graduation(3rd year) this year i m 21 and want to become an IAS can you tell me about the processor of preparation i streaming arts and my 12th subject was even same how much percentage are there need to sit at the exam
14th April 2012, 06:55 PM
monisha_sarabhai

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service and this examination was Conducted by UPSC Comission every year.

>> To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course because 12Th passed candidates are not eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

>> IAS is come Under Civil services and to become IAS Officer, you need to complete Your Graduation degree course and apply for the UPSC Civil services examination, Final year Graduates are also Eligible to apply for this examination.

So, If your age should between 21 to 30 years, then you are eligible to apply for This examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

>> General candidates may apply for this examination only 4 times in a year, OBC Candidates may apply 7 Times and No Limits for SC/ST Candidates.

The Notification of this examination was Published in the employment Newspaper OR In the UPSC Website in the month of February, for this year examination was already completed, The examination was Held in 2 stages - Preliminary examination and Main examination. Preliminary examination are also called CSAT (Civil services aptitude test). There are 2 Papers in this examination and all are conducted into same day.

Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination Only then you are eligible to apply for the main examination. In main examination you have to choose the Optional Subjects and list of Optional subjects are availiable in the UPSC website.

So, If you are Interested in Civil services examination to become IAS Officer then please prepare for this examination according to the syllabus, Here i am Uploading the Syllabus and Please Purchase some best book form the market and prepare then Accordingly.

>> And Please complete Your graduation because Graduate candidates are eligible for Civil services examination, After 12Th you cant eligible for this examination and for More Information check the Official UPSC Website -

http://upsc.gov.in

Preliminary Examination Pattern -
1st June 2012, 01:47 AM
Unregistered

ABOUT MAIN EXAM AND ITS SUBJECT
21st January 2013, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

sir..am pursuing a degree in biotechnology ...what subjects should i choose for my mains in ias ..
31st May 2013, 06:48 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

The educational qualifications regarding with Indian Administrative Services exam are below mentioned:-

# Candidates must have finished their bachelor degree in any curriculum from any approved institution.

# There is no need of percentage for this exam.

# Candidates of last year of bachelor degree are also preferable for this exam.

Age criteria and relaxation regarding with Indian Administrative Services exam are below mentioned:-

# 21-30 years.

# Relaxation:- 3 years, 5 years and 10 years are assumed for OBC, SC/ST and PH candidates.

# Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

No. of attempts regarding with Indian Administrative Services exam are below mentioned:-

# General:- 4.

# OBC:- 7.

# SC/ST:- Not assumed.

These are the subjects for Indian Administrative Services exam are below mentioned:-

Thanks.
14th October 2016, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Can the B.Sc.IT III Year Student can write the IAS Exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?