27th December 2012, 06:54 PM
optimisticaayush

Can I choose Indian History and Mathematics as optional subject in mains exam of IAS

sir, i'm student of b.tech {c.s.e} 3rd yr....may i choose indian history & mathematics as optional subjects in mains exam of i.a.s???

Related Questions:
  1. Best books for IAS prelims exam? I have chosen 2 optional subjects, Mathematics and History
  2. Can I choose History of Arts subject in IAS mains exam as optional subject?
  3. Second optional subject for IAS preliminary and mains? First choice is Geography. -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which Optional subject should I choose for Civil Services exam?
  5. Which paper should I select in UPSC after graduating with commerce?
  6. Which Exam of Civil Services Includes Telugu (Prelims or Mains)? What are the Optional Subjects I can Choose?
  7. Which Coaching center is good for IAS Exam? Which Optional subject should I opt for this Exam between History and Geography?
  8. Can we choose Tamil as an optional subject for IAS mains exam? Institutes providing coaching in that subject?
  9. Where to get previous 10 year Question Papers of IAS Main Exam? What should be the second optional subject for IAS if first choice is Political Science?
  10. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  11. Field to choose after 10th standard to become an IAS officer with interest in Social studies?
  12. Which optional subject to choose in Civil Services Exam for BSc IT?
  13. Procedure to join IPS and CBI? Duration for these Exams? Is it a good choice to choose Mathematics as Optional subject for Main Exam? Information regarding Interview procedure for this?
  14. Can I choose mechanical and physics as optional subject in IAS mains?
  15. Can I choose same optional subject like Psychology in both prelims and mains of UPSC?
  16. Best optional subjects for IAS mains? -- [New]
  17. Which subject is more relevant to History as Optional subject for UPSC Exam?
  18. How to choose Optional Subjects for UPSC mains?
3rd January 2013, 01:32 AM
thriller.singh

Default Re: Can I choose Indian History and Mathematics as optional subject in mains exam of IAS

hi friend,
the IAS exam needs exhaustive preparation, so choice optional subjects you choose must be of your interest and understanding. combination of history and mathematics is allowed by UPSC, so you can obviously opt for them.
combination of following subjects is not allowed-
commerce & management.
anthropology & sociology
maths and statistics.
management & public administration.
any two branches of engineering.

think and decide what's best for you.
4th January 2013, 03:10 PM
pinewood
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I choose Indian History and Mathematics as optional subject in mains exam of IAS

hi,,,

univ. of gulf countries offering pg courses in medical studies---------------

1.mgmt. & public admin.
2.comm. & mgmt.
3.maths & statistics
4.anthropology & sociology
5.2 branches of engg.

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
29th April 2013, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

Can i choose combination of Geography and Mathematics as optional subjects in civil services mains exam and what is the syllabus for Mathematics subject?
29th September 2014, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

I completed my B.sc mathematics (3years course).can i choose this as optional in mains
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?