11th January 2014, 05:48 PM
saurav dhama

Best optional subjects for IAS mains?

how to know that which is the best optional subject for ias mains .how to choose that this subject be interested,easy and good for career.

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IAS after B.Tech? Which optional subjects will suit me better? Best books for prelims and mains?
  2. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  3. What are the optional subjects in civil services mains exam
  4. Best books for IAS for preliminary and mains examination? Do we have optional subjects in CSAT?
  5. How to choose Optional Subjects for UPSC mains?
  6. How to join IAS exam after passing B.Tech? Which subjects should I choose as optional subject?
  7. Where to get previous 10 year Question Papers of IAS Main Exam? What should be the second optional subject for IAS if first choice is Political Science?
  8. What to do after 12th board exam to become an IAS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Second optional subject for IAS preliminary and mains? First choice is Geography.
  10. Which Exam of Civil Services Includes Telugu (Prelims or Mains)? What are the Optional Subjects I can Choose?
  11. Which subjects can I choose as Optional for IAS Exam having completed CSE?
  12. Which subject should be chosen as optional one for IAS by a chemical engineering student?
  13. Can I choose Indian History and Mathematics as optional subject in mains exam of IAS
  14. Which optional subjects should I choose in IAS mains exam while doing graduation in BS Hospitality and Hotel administration?
  15. Can I take Geography as economics as optional subject for IAS mains exam?
  16. How to choose optional subjects in IAS for a student in mechanical engineering
  17. Optional subject to be taken for a B.Sc(Nursing) student in IAS exam?
  18. Best optional subjects for IAS entrance exam?
12th January 2014, 06:41 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Best optional subjects for IAS mains?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. This is one of the top civil service in India. Only the candidates with brilliant minds are absorbed into civil services as they are having critical roles and responsibilities to perform.

Here is the selection procedure that you need to crack to be placed into civil services.
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

With regard to CSAT Exam, it consists of questions from the following categories
-Current Affairs
-Aptitude
-General English

Once you got through this exam, you need to appear for Main Exam. For this exam you need to choose one optional subject while applying for CSAT Exam itself.

It would be better if you opt for optional subject for civil services exam in accordance with the stream that you have gone through in your Graduation.

Some of the optional subjects will be as follows
-Botany
-Zoology
-Physics
-Chemistry
-Economics
-Commerce
-Civil Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering etc.

Opt for the optional subject in which you are strong enough and prepare well for the same.

You did not mention the highest academic qualification that you have.

You should have completed Graduation in order to be eligible to apply for this exam and your age should be between 21-30 years to apply for this.

Wish you all the best.
21st July 2019, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for civil services exam after completion of bsc forestry? Please reply
7th September 2020, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

for MBBS student which optional subjects for preliminary and Main is good
9th September 2020, 03:38 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Unhappy Re: Best optional subjects for IAS mains?

If candidates want to know the most popular optional subject in IAS Mains Exam, then definitely geography, history, psychology, public ad and sociology are the best optional subjects.

Sociology is very easy to understand, and the topics covered in it are related to the society that we are a part of.
Best Optional subjects are as under:
-Botany
-Zoology
-Physics
-Chemistry
-Economics
-Commerce
-Civil Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?