8th November 2015, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I directly become ACP in Telangana state by writing the entrance exam?

Well someone tell me that can i become directly an ACP in state TELANGANA state. I have to write group 1 or group 2 for this post.

2nd September 2016, 05:59 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I directly become ACP in Telangana state by writing the entrance exam?

No, it is not possible to become ACP in Telangana state directly by writing the entrance exam. One gets the ACP rank through promotion.

ACP is an acronym for Assistant Commissioner of Police. There is no direct recruitment available for the post of ACP. The post of ACP is filled by IPS officers. IPS officers get ACP rank through promotion. To become an IPS officer,one has to write Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC or the respective State Public Service Commission.

The eligibility criteria for the civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized college or university with any percentage.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general category.Age is relaxed for OBC by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-Civil Services exam conducted in three stages :

* Preliminary test,

* Main Exam, and

* Interview
17th October 2021, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I directly become ACP in Telangana state by writing the entrance exam?

Now , Im studying engineering (EEE) ..... BUT. I'm interested to become an police officer like DSP.... BUT . Till now I don't know how to become DSP... Like how to write exams.. Preparation... Which step to take for going next level.... ( any suggestions plzzzzzz)
17th January 2022, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

I am already in govt department can I become ACP by transfer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?