1st August 2016, 04:49 PM
Yash Ahire

Can I do BCA having Commerce without Maths in 11th standard?

I have taken commerce in 11th, but without maths and i want to do BCA and my subjects in 11th are IP, ACCOUNTS, BUSINESS STUDIES and P.ED!!!

Related Questions:
  1. Doing 11th commerce(without Maths) : Can I do BCA or Company Secretary Course?
  2. Can I get admission to study BCA if pursuing 12th Commerce without Mathematics? What are the subjects available to study in BCA?
  3. Is it possible to become a Journalist if study Commerce without Maths in 11th standard?
  4. Which subject should I take in 11th standard if I want to become a C.A in future? Is Commerce with Maths necessary for me? Can I do with Commerce with Computer Science?
  5. Qualification required for BCA course. Can a commerce student apply for BCA ? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I do BCA without maths in HSC commerce?
  7. Commerce with Maths 12th standard student can get admission in BCA-MCA course?
  8. Eligibility to apply for NDA with Commerce with maths in 11th and 12th standard?
  9. Can I do BCA without having Maths after completion of 12th being a candidate of pursuing Commerce without Maths?
  10. List of schools which offer admission in 11th Commerce with Maths in Pune?
  11. Eligiblity to apply for BCA after completing 12th Commerce without Maths? Job opportunities and colleges in Mumbai for BCA? How BCA is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  12. Is it possible to study commerce stream 11th and 12th while studying BCA 4th semester?
  13. Am I eligible to get admission for 11th standard in CBSE board if scored 7.2 CGPA in 10th PCM? -- [New]
  14. How to join HR or CS after passing 11th commerce(CBSE)?
  15. Can I get admission in mentioned colleges if completed 12th Commerce from NIOS without Maths?
  16. What is the procedure followed for getting admission in C.H.S. School?
  17. Can I get admission in Jadavpur/Shibpur or other government colleges in Management Quota if I get a rank of 31958 in WBJEE?
  18. Model question papers for 11th standard commerce, accountancy, business maths, economics
1st August 2016, 10:15 PM
Birendra chauhan

Default Re: Can I do BCA having Commerce without Maths in 11th standard?

Yes, you can after 12th.
But you have to face many problems. A reputed institute will not allow you for BCA without math. Though you can take admission and study BCA.
1st August 2016, 10:25 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

>> BCA stands for Bachlor of Computer Applications.

>> The duration of this course is three years which is divided into 6 semesters.

>> For this course candidate must have passed 12th from a recognized board.

>> The minimum percentage required in 12th class for BCA course is 45%.

>> As per your subject in 11th class i think you are not eligible Bachlor of Computer Applications course.
1st August 2016, 11:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash Ahire View Post
I have taken commerce in 11th, but without maths and i want to do BCA and my subjects in 11th are IP, ACCOUNTS, BUSINESS STUDIES and P.ED!!!
Yes, you are eligible for BCA course.

Candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
2nd August 2016, 09:36 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. It is a three-year undergraduate degree course in the field of Information Technology. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue BCA course.

Most of the colleges offer admissions in BCA course directly on basis of merit of 12th standard or equivalent examination marks. Some top reputed Colleges/ Universities conducts their own entrance examination/ admission test to find merit candidates to offer admission in BCA course.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you have pursued 12th standard with Commerce stream from a Government recognised board, so, you are eligible to get admission to study BCA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?