29th January 2015, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Can I do BCA without maths in HSC commerce?

Hi,
I'm from Mumbai, India.
I just appeared HSC exam in commerce. I got 50% marks. But now m not interested in commerce. I want to do BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications). I'm not take maths in HSC. so can i do BCA without maths & with less percentage?

ADDITIONAL
- My Cast Category is OBC (Other backward class).

30th January 2015, 02:10 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BCA without maths in HSC commerce?

According to the norms, you cannot get admission in BCA course if you have not studied Maths in your +2 level. But still some Institutes provide admission to candidates on the basis of +2 marks itself.

Below is mentioned the eligibility criteria for any candidate willing to take admission in BCA course. Please have a look at it.

Eligibility criteria for doing BCA:

1. Candidate must have passed class 12th with a minimum of 50%.

2. Candidates should have studied Mathematics in his/her boards as a main subject.

3. Some colleges conduct their own entrance exam for providing admission to students in BCA course.

Note:
. Getting 50% in boards is only a criteria for admission, this does not guarantee your admission. You should score atleast more than 60% in your boards to get into any good Institute.

. In some colleges maths is not considered as an important element for admission in BCA, in those Institutions only your aggregate percentage in +2 is considered.
30th January 2015, 02:40 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do BCA without even Mathematics as a subject in your 10+2. Generally, the basic education needed is " Candidates must have completed 10+2 (Intermediate) from a recognized university and pursued Mathematics or Computer Science subjects as one of the subjects ". But even then, there are many colleges which offer BCA (Bachelor Program) for candidates those who did not purse Mathematics as one of the subjects during Intermediate level. There, the basic educational qualification they are concerning is about, candidates must have passed 10+2 qualification irrespective of the stream. So considering that case, you are eligible to appear for BCA entrance examination. The minimum percentage you must have secured is 50% (For General and OBC candidates) and 45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates. Since you have secured 50% marks in 12th class, you are certainly eligible to pursue BCA course.
11th April 2015, 01:01 PM
amanshrivastava98

There is some difference regarding the eligibility criteria of BCA.

Some of the universities say they require a candidate with higher secondary passed with Mathematics as a subject, but some of them say only higher secondary pass candidates are fit for the course.

So, you are eligible for many universities, you just have to search for them and get the admission. You are eligible for BCA>
29th May 2015, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

I don't have computer but have maths but doesn't have good marks in it too so will i get a shot in BCA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?