21st May 2015, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study BCA if pursuing 12th Commerce without Mathematics? What are the subjects available to study in BCA?

Hello Friends,
I am a 12th Commerce student.
I want to do BCA and I don't have Maths
in my 12th standard. Can I do BCA without Maths?
Kindly tell me the subjects in BCA for study.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study BCA for a candidate who is pursuing 12th Commerce with Computer Science and without Mathematics?
  2. Can I study BCA if completed 12th Commerce? Fee expense to study BCA?
  3. Which is better to study among BBA and BCA for a candidate who has secured 74% in 12th Commerce?
  4. Can I study BCA if pursuing Multimedia as a subject in 12th Commerce? List of BCA colleges in Gujarat?
  5. Can I get admission to study BCA in JNU if pursuing 12th Commerce without Maths?
  6. Is it possible to study commerce stream 11th and 12th while studying BCA 4th semester? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I get admission to study BCA if secured 38% in 12th Mathematics?
  8. Humanities student can get Computer Application as a subject in Xavier's college?
  9. Is it difficult to study BCA for 12th Commerce student? Scope of BCA and MCA?
  10. Possibility to study M.Sc(Mathematics) for BCA student?
  11. Eligibility to study BCA for 12th Commerce student who haven't studied Computer Application?
  12. How to take admission in one of the colleges under Gujarat University after passing 12th commerce from Gujarata? How want to study BCA
  13. Can I study BCA if got failed in 12th Physics and didn't study Computer? Will I get job if pursue BCA in Ranchi University?
  14. Can I get admission to study BCA if secured 66% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Am I eligible to get admission in BCA being a 12th PCB student?
  16. Can I study BCA after HSC (Commerce)?
  17. Can I study BCA if completed 12th Arts with Mathematics?
  18. What are the subjects in BCA? Can I get government job after BCA or MCA?
22nd May 2015, 11:47 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission to study BCA if pursuing 12th Commerce without Mathematics? What are the subjects available to study in BCA?

You can get admission in BCA course after commerce course, but it is very difficult to get admission in top colleges without having mathematics. You must have studied mathematics as mandatory subject at intermediate level. But, you have chances to get admission in top colleges through entrance examination. The Entrance examination notification will be published in the month of April or May in the official website of their respective university.

Eligibility Criteria:

You should have completed intermediate from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. You must have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate. You must have studied Mathematics as mandatory subject at intermediate level.

Subjects in BCA:

-Programming in C
-C++ Programming
-Operating System
-Digital Fundamental System
-C# Programming
-Asp.net
-Visual Programming
-Data Structure
-Allied Mathematics
-Statistics
-Financial Accounting
-Cost Accounting
-Software Engineering
-English Language
-Programming Lab
23rd May 2015, 09:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study BCA if pursuing 12th Commerce without Mathematics? What are the subjects available to study in BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Friends,
No, you are not eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.

I have attached the syllabus for BCA course so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR BCA COURSE.pdf(88.4 KB, 112 views)
23rd May 2015, 12:33 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue BCA course as you have not studied Mathematics as a subject in your 12th standard.

However, below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for pursuing BCA course.

Kindly have a look at it.

Eligibility criteria for doing BCA:

1. Candidate must have passed class 12th with a minimum of 50%.

2. Candidates should have studied Mathematics in his/her boards as a main subject.

3. Some colleges conduct their own entrance exam for providing admission to students in BCA course.

Note:

. Getting 50% in boards is only a criteria for admission, this does not guarantee your admission. You should score atleast more than 60% in your boards to get into any good Institute.

. In some colleges maths is not considered as an important element for admission in BCA, in those Institutions only your aggregate percentage in +2 is considered.

Subjects available in BCA:

Semester – I:

> Business Communication

> Principles of Management

> Programming Principles and Algorithms

> Computer Fundamental and Office Automation

> Business Accounting

>Computer Laboratory and Practical Work (OA+PPA)

Semester – II:

> Organizational Behavior

> Elements of Statistics

> ‘C’ Programming

> File Structure and Database Concepts

> Cost Accounting

> Computer Laboratory and Practical Work (C.P +DBMS)

Semester – III:

> Numerical Methods

> Data Structure using C

> Software Engineering

> Management Accounting

> RDBMS

> Computer Laboratory and Practical Work (D.S +RDBMS)

Semester – IV:

> Networking

> Visual Basic

> Inventory Management (SAD)

> Human Resource Management

> Object Oriented Programming using C++

> Computer Laboratory and Practical Work ( VB + C++ )

Semester – V:

> .NET Frameworks

> Internet Programming and Cyber Law

> Principals of Marketing

> Core Java

> Project work ( VB )

> Computer Laboratory and Practical Work (.NET + CoreJava )

Semester – VI:

> E-Commerce

> Multimedia Systems

> Introduction to SysPro And Operating Systems

> Advance Java

> Project Work ( Banking & Finance , Cost Analysis ,Financial Analysis ,Payroll , EDP ,ERP etc.)

> Computer Laboratory and Practical Work (Multimedia +Advanced Java)
23rd May 2015, 05:29 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Friends,

No, you cannot get admission in BCA which is a under graduate course which is of 3 years duration. Having completed +2 in Commerce stream without mathematics as subject, you are ineligible for joining in BCA course.

The eligibility needed for BCA course is, candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with mathematics as subject and have attained at least 60% aggregate. You have not studied mathematics which makes you ineligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?