6th December 2012, 02:54 AM
shanaya7

Can I do law after passing B.Tech Mechanical

can I do LAW after B.Tech(mechanical) ? Will I get any advantage of having a btech degree? How many year will it take to do law? n please suggest gud colleges in India for law
n one more will I need to do LLM or LLB?

11th December 2012, 11:20 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do law after passing B.Tech Mechanical

Of course you can do LLB after Mechanical Engineering. But I don't think anybody would recommend that to you. Besides there is no advantage of doing LLB after engineering. It won't add any value to your Bachelor of Technology course.

You will either have to find job related to Engineering or LLB. Having the other degree won't help in getting good job. Therefore I would strictly recommend against doing a LLB course.

The LLB course is 3 years long. The duration remains the same regardless of your graduation course. Having completed Engineering won't add any advantage or cut down the duration of the course.

As to answer your last question. LLM is the post graduation course in Law. You can not apply for it until you complete LLB. Therefore firstly you will have to complete LLB and only then apply for the LLM course. This would be the procedure.

You can take advantage for LLB in various law schools. The most popular perhaps would be:

Banaras Hindu University

Delhi University Faculty of Law

University of Rajasthan

Pune University

Eligibility

1. A bachelor course in any discipline.

2. At least 45 percent marks in graduation.

3. SC/ST need 40 percent marks.

4. The age limit is 30 years.

5. Age limit is relaxed for SC/ST by 5 years.
18th March 2013, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

can a btech(ECE) student have eligibility to do LLB in Osmania University Hyderabad?
19th September 2013, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

ofcourse u can do and become legal adviser for the company
4th October 2013, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

What are the advantages of doing b.tech in machenical engg. Tell me my no is 9837345512
9th May 2015, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

you can do Law after B.tech. There are 2 advantage of doing that

1) Demand in technolegal field
if there is a case like Samsung v/s Apple being an engineer you will be able to understand technical aspects better and hence you will be preferred over others. In Delhi many top lawyers are engineers

2) Heard about Intellectual Property field?
patents are the thing for technical people.. I am working as a patent analyst and i know how much technical is important for a person in this field. After practising some time in this field if you go for LLB you will have an added advantage.

Good luck..
23rd September 2015, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

I am a btech in ece and worked in a mnc company for more than 1 year as a trainer. Now i want to do llb. How would be the career prospect as a lawyer cum engineer?
16th January 2017, 06:45 PM
Dastagirda123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you can do Law after B.tech. There are 2 advantage of doing that

1) Demand in technolegal field
if there is a case like Samsung v/s Apple being an engineer you will be able to understand technical aspects better and hence you will be preferred over others. In Delhi many top lawyers are engineers

2) Heard about Intellectual Property field?
patents are the thing for technical people.. I am working as a patent analyst and i know how much technical is important for a person in this field. After practising some time in this field if you go for LLB you will have an added advantage.

Good luck..
Please share your number or contact me at 8898836343. I want to discuss in more detail. I a mechanical engineer with 5 years experience in design.
20th November 2017, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

I have completed b. Tech (ECE).. because I thought a technical course is very important to the person for knowledge.. Now I want to do LLB.. as a girl can I preferred for this??.. Give me a suggestion
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?