16th August 2013, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Law course after completing BCA? What is the course duration?

i hv completed my BCA, and now i want to do law course so can i do that and what will be the course duration ? how can i apply for it?

19th September 2013, 10:13 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Law course after completing BCA? What is the course duration?

You can join to LL.B after completing BCA. Graduates with a minimum of 45-50% marks can join to LL.B course. Duration of the course is 3 years. Entrance exams are usually conducted for admission. Delhi University, MDU, etc conducts entrance test for admission. Valid score in CLAT is also considered for admission. Application for attending the entrance test, can be submitted through the website of the exam conducting authority.
19th September 2013, 11:44 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Law course after completing BCA? What is the course duration?

Hi Friend................

The admission procedure to Bachelors in Computer Application course is similar to the other Under Graduate Programs.

As for the age criteria most of the colleges need the candidates to be at least 17 years old. The maximum age varies between 22 to 25 years.

The application forms are normally available during the period the 12th standard results are declared.

Eligibility for BCA

>> 12th passed with 50% marks or other equivalent qualification from recognized board.

>> You have must have MATHS/STATISTICS/BUSINESS MATHEMATICS/physics in your class 12th.

Documents required for admission

>> Minimum 2 Photos

>> Attested copy of the Education Qualification (Both 10th & 12th standard)

>> School Leaving Certificate (Proof for age of the candidate)

>> Attested copy of the Extra-curriculum Certificates

><> Attested copy of the Certificate of Caste if belonging to the SC/ST or OBC category

>> Physical Disability certificate by authorized Medical Officer

>> Attested copy of the Domicile Certificate
19th September 2013, 11:53 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i hv completed my BCA, and now i want to do law course so can i do that and what will be the course duration ? how can i apply for it?

Yes,you will be eligible to take admission in Law Course after completing your Bachelor of Computer Application course.You will have to take admission in LLB Course which will be of 3 years in duration and it will be full time.

Eligibility required for taking admission in this course is as follows :-
-->>Candidates should be passed out in Graduation course of minimum 3 years in any discipline from a recognized university.
-->>Candidates minimum marks in Graduation should be 45%(for General and OBC) and 40%(for SC and ST).

Admission process starts from the month of June to August of each year.Candidates will only be eligible to take dmission in this course after passing in the entrance test coinducted by the college and examination will taken of the same pattern as taken by the CLAT Entrance test.

1)Logical Reasoning.
2)Numerical Ability.
3)English Comprehension.
4)Legal Aptitude.
5)General Knowledge and Current Affairs.

Total marks for rthis entrance test wioll be 03 hours and tortal marks will be of 200.Each question will be of 1 marks and for each wrong asnwer 0.25 marks will be deduced.

20th September 2013, 08:39 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do LL.B. after completion of BCA degree or any other Degree.

LL.B. - Bachelor of Law, after Graduation Degree one can purse three years LL.B.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University with 40% marks within the age of 30 years, can apply for LL.B.

Reputed Institutions for Law Degree conducts entrance exam like CLAT(Common Law Admission Test) for admission to LL.B. course.
20th September 2013, 11:38 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for law course if you are a BCA graduate. There is a 3 years degree course after Graduation for which you can apply through an entrance examination.

You must have scored 45% marks in your BCA graduation to become eligible for law entrance exam which is known as CLAT. There is 5% relaxation for SC/ST/PWD category candidates.

CLAT is Common Law Admission test and it is conducted for admission into various Law Universities of India.

Age Limit for CLAT 3 years Course:

Age should be below 30 years if you want to do Law after Graduation.

Exam Pattern:

The entrance exam will be both objective type and descriptive type in nature.

Duration of examination will be two Hours and total marks will be 150. Following type of question will be there in the exam.

-Long Essay Type Descriptive Questions from Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence.

-Multiple-Choice Questions from all compulsory law subjects prescribed by the BCI for the Under-Graduate Course except Constitutional Law and Jurisprudence

There will be negative marking for wrong answers.

Universities under CLAT:

-National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)

-National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad

-National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)

-The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)

-National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)

-Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)

-Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)

-Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)

-Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)

-Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)

-National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)

-National Law University, Odisha (NLUO)

-National University of Study 6 Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)

-National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)
20th September 2013, 01:02 PM
ashok.more002

You can join to LL.B after completing BCA. Graduates with a minimum of 45-50% marks can join to LL.B course. Duration of the course is 3 years. Entrance exams are usually conducted for admission. Delhi University, MDU, etc conducts entrance test for admission. Valid score in CLAT is also considered for admission. Application for attending the entrance test, can be submitted through the website of the exam conducting authority.
20th September 2013, 01:21 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for the law course after Bachelor of Computer Applications. There is 3 years LLB course for which you can take admission. When taking admission please ensure that you are taking for 3 years LLB and not the 5 years one.

The 5 years integrated LLB has Bachelor's degree plus LLB course. But since you have completed graduation, there is no point for you to apply for the integrated course. Like I said you should apply for the 3 years course.

There are few colleges these days that offers the 3 years LLB. Majority of colleges have migrated to the 5 years LLB course. But still you will find plenty of colleges offering LLB of 3 years duration.

One thing you should remember is that LLB is regular mode only degree. There is no point applying for the LLB through correspondence. I would not recommend you to do so. Bar Council of India will not accept such degree.

LLB Eligibility

1. You should be graduate to apply for it.

2. Must have 45 to 50 percent marks.

3. SC/ST get 5 percent relaxation.

4. In some colleges there is no marks criteria for SC/ST.

5. The age limit is 30 years for LLB.

6. There is 5 years of relaxation for SC/ST.

7. But no relaxation is offered to OBC.

Depending on the college you may or may not require to appear for entrance exam. For admission in Delhi University or Banaras Hindu University, it is necessary to apply for entrance exam but in colleges like Government Law College, Mumbai, the admission is given on merit and not entrance exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?