25th November 2017, 11:14 AM

Can I do M.Sc Agriculture course after completion of B.Sc course?

Can I do M.Sc Agriculture course after completion of B.Sc course? What are the minimum criteria required to apply for the course? What should be the steps I need to follow? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
26th November 2017, 05:06 PM
ranu shahi

Default Re: Can I do M.Sc Agriculture course after completion of B.Sc course?

Yes you are eligible to pursue M.Sc Agriculture after completing B.Sc. You can pursue from any stream and no restriction required.
The minimum criteria required to apply is that you have completed graduation and must have all documents as it will be helpful at the time of admission.
26th November 2017, 05:20 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The required eligibility to get admission in M.Sc Agriculture course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in agriculture, forestry, or horticulture from a recognised university.

The minimum required aggregate to appear in examination is 50%.

The course will be of two year or four semester.

ICAR AIEEA is conducted for admission in the course.

So, if you have passed bachelor degree in a general course you are not eligible to appear in entrance examination to get admission in the course.
26th November 2017, 06:19 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to do M.Sc. Agriculture course after completion of your B.Sc. course. Candidates who have passed B.Sc. in Agriculture or in any other relevant stream from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue M.Sc. Agriculture course. Admissions in M.Sc. Agriculture course are done through merit basis of Bachelor's degree examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university.
26th November 2017, 09:47 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for M.SC agriculture after completing B.SC degree, because to apply for M.SC agriculture applicant must have done B.SC degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry etc. or B.Sc in equivalent science stream from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained. Here below are details regarding M.Sc agriculture course:-

- Duration of master of science in agriculture degree is 2 years which are subdivided into 4 semesters.

Major Specializations Offered in M.SC Agriculture Course:-
  • Agricultural botany.
  • Agricultural bio-technology.
  • Agricultural economics.
  • Agricultural engineering.
  • Agricultural meteorology.
  • Agricultural entomology.
  • Social forestry.
  • Water conservation.
  • Tea husbandry.
  • Seed technology.
  • Plant physiology.
  • Plant protection.

So these above mentioned are some major specializations for which you can apply in M.SC agriculture course.
28th November 2017, 03:14 AM
cataleya11

You are eligible to apply for M.Sc in Agriculture after the completion of B.Sc in Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry. M.Sc in Agriculture is a 2year postgraduate course which is conducted by many universities both in regular and distance mode. Admission is done on the basis of merit score or through entrance examination.
Eligibility Criteria to apply for M.Sc Agriculture-

Applicants should pass graduation level in B.Sc(Agriculture) or B.Sc(ABM) or B.Sc(Agro Biotech) or B.Sc(Horticulture) or B.Sc(Forestry).
Minimum score of 50% in graduation is mandatory to apply.

Colleges you can apply are

Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad
Banaras Hindu University
Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Pune.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?