13th August 2012, 11:02 PM
Neethu5

Can i do M.Tech after MSc Electronics? What steps to be taken?

Respected Sir,
Can i do M.Tech after M.Sc electronics? Is it possible? If it possible what steps i 've to follow.

20th August 2012, 10:57 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i do M.Tech after MSc Electronics? What steps to be taken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neethu5 View Post
Respected Sir,
Can i do M.Tech after M.Sc electronics? Is it possible? If it possible what steps i 've to follow.
Yes of course , you are eligible to apply for M.Tech course.
  • Normally B.Tech / B.E / B.Arch candidates are eligible to apply for M.Tech course .
  • Even Master degree candidates also eligible .
  • Master degree means M.Sc degree , M.C.A can apply for this examination .
  • So if you are holding the Master's degree then you are eligible to apply for M.Tech course .

So after completing master like M.Sc degree or Master of Computer Application or master degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Application , you are eligible to apply for M.Tech course .

M.Tech Stands for Master of Technology and the duration of course is 2 years and the course is divided into four semesters .

Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech course :-

>> The Candidate need to completed their bachelor's degree in engineering / technology of a recognized Institution .

>> The Candidate need to secure at least 60% aggregate marks in their examination .

>> There is no specific age limits is required for this examination .

>> Those who have a appearing in the final year of engineering / technology / may also eligible to apply for entrance examination .

If you want to get M.Tech course in top Institutions then you need to crack the GATE Examination .

GATE Stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and this examination is conducted Indian Institute of Science / Technology Once in a year for admission to M.Tech course in Various IIT's across the country .

>> Those who have a completed bachelor's of Engineering / Technology / Architecture reputed Institution.

>> Even Master in in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Application of reputed Institution .

>> Pre-final year (Third year ) candidates are not eligible to apply .

>> The Gate Score is valid upto 2 years .

>> There is no Specific limits of attempts .
8th October 2012, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of M.Sc electronics.
What are the branches in which i am eligible to do mtech?
7th November 2012, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
I am an engineering student in kiit, I am currently pursuing electrical and electronics engineering. What i want to ask is that does IIT gives an M.tech degree in EEE. I am right now deciding to prepare for gates, so can you please tell me what subjects do i have to prepare and what's the entry system over there.
9th November 2012, 03:32 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hello,
Already you have M.Sc. in Electronics. So why don't you go for a job at first, then later on come back for M.Tech. M.Tech will take another 2 years of yours. Also as such there are very less good part time M.Tech institutes. So if you want to do M.tech then you cannot go for a job. So by the time you finish the course, you might loose on this part of your career.
Anyways if you want to go for M.Tech, then you will need to opt for M.Tech in Electronics. You will have to sit for GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. You already have a master's degree. So you will just require to fill up the form and sit for next year's GATE examination. Log onto www.gate.iitb.ac.in for the forms.
18th June 2013, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

what are the possible branches an M.Sc physics graduate (with electronics specialization )can do when he opts to do M.tech??
13th July 2013, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

i did my m.sc.,electronics. i want to do m.tech. to which course am i eligible to do m.tech.
29th July 2013, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

if i do m.tech after m.sc in electronics what opportunity can i get for my career and job?
4th September 2013, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

can i do mtech in power electronics after completing msc electronics ?
15th September 2013, 10:56 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Yes you can do MTech in electronics by writing the GATE.The master degree holder are also eligible to write GATE ,you can write GATE in electronics paper.If you qualified in the GATE you can do MTech in electronics.
20th October 2013, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
I Nihal Maniyar wants to do M-tech .now i m a student of 10th from CBSE board .
Sir can u suggest me what i should do ....for my carrier...............Plz ans me by mail on [email protected]/outlook.com
10th May 2014, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

dear sir i am msc ec student but one year drope can i join iitg for m.tech plz give me reply
23rd July 2014, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

dear sir i am msc electronics student.my frnds are say that for msc students mtech for one year this is write or wrong
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?