25th May 2012, 11:13 PM

Can I do MBBS after doing BSc Nursing without appearing for PMT? Which are the government colleges for Male nurses in India?

Can i do mbbs after b.sc. Nursing without appering pmt ? And what are the govt. Govt for male nurses in india?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the scope of BSc Nursing for Male Nurses in India? What are the government jobs for male nurses in India?
  2. Can we do MBBS after completing BSc Nursing? What are the opportunities for BSc nurses in defence service?
  3. Is it true that after BSc nursing we can get into MBBS with relaxation of 1 year? Any BSc nursing seats in MBBS entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to get admission in MBBS after completing BSc Nursing? Details of the medical colleges which are offering MBBS course after BSc Nursing?
  5. Can I do MBBS after BSc Nursing?
  6. Job Opportunities for Nurses in Central Government? How to apply for various B.Sc and M.Sc Nursing Tutors for various colleges?
  7. How an I apply for MBBS after doing BSc Nursing?
  8. Can I do MBBS after my BSc Nursing? I am a final year BSc Nursing student
  9. How to do Post MBBS for Nurses? What is the eligibility criteria?
  10. Any chance to do MBBS after BSc Nursing? Which are the colleges?
  11. How to take MBBS after completion of BSc Nursing?
  12. What is the scope of BSc Nursing?
  13. Information about BSc Nursing colleges in India? Which government college is a better option?
  14. Central Government jobs for male nurses? -- [New]
  15. Will I be able to get MBBS after BSc Nursing? Is this course available in India? Which are the universities offering the course?
  16. Colleges offering MBBS course after BSc Nursing in India?
  17. How can I do MBBS after BSc Nursing? I am a student of BSc Nursing
  18. Will I be able to do MBBS after BSc nursing? Is the course available in India? Which universities offer this course?
26th May 2012, 08:40 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do MBBS after doing BSc Nursing without appearing for PMT? Which are the government colleges for Male nurses in India?

Whether the scope of nursing decreases in the up coming years?
9th June 2012, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do MBBS after doing BSc Nursing without appearing for PMT? Which are the government colleges for Male nurses in India?

now i will completed my bscnursing can i do mbbs
9th June 2012, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBBS after doing BSc Nursing without appearing for PMT?
21st August 2012, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBBS after completing B.sc nursing?
2nd September 2012, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to become a doctor, i have complited bsc nursing so i want to know admission procedure in mbbs.
1st October 2012, 05:45 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I would like to start by saying that you should not do MBBS after B.Sc Nursing in any case. There is no point in doing both courses. Either you do B.Sc Nursing or MBBS. To be honest it makes no sense. If you wanted to become doctor then should have take MBBS after completing 12th.

Your B.Sc degree will be useless if you pursued MBBS. You have spent 4 years in B.Sc Nursing. What is the point of spending another 5 and a half years doing MBBS. It is better to take nursing job rather than pursuing MBBS.

To answer your question, it is not possible to get admission for MBBS without appearing for the PMT entrance exam. Starting next year you will have to appear for NEET entrance exam which will replace PMT and other medical entrance exams.

In case you are thinking about lateral entry let me tell you that it is not possible. You will not get any lateral entry admission for MBBS. There is no such thing in India for MBBS course. Even if any university offers such course, please do not opt for it because Medical Council of India is not going to accept such degree. It has made it quite clear.

Therefore the best option for you is to find a nursing job. There are plenty of jobs in government sector for nurses. The nurses are recruited in government hospitals through the Public Service Commission exam.

You can also join Indian Army as a nurse. It is an option if you wish to treat injured soldiers. Other option would be nursing job in Indian Railways. You will have to appear for entrance exam to get the job.

There are also openings for nurses in Public Sector Undertakings. Steel Authority of India Limited is one such company that hires nurses. There is also a scope of promotion to other posts like nursing section chief, senior nurse, patient coordinator, nursing supervisor, nursing sister etc.
17th May 2014, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

whether male bsc nurses have any opprtunies in the up coming years or chance of male bsc nurses decreasing inthe up coming years?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?