bvijayvdm

Can I be eligible for MBA in B-School after finishing BCA degree with 59% marks

hi hello,sir
am finished my bca degree with 59 percentage of marks
can i eligible for MBA in Bschool

19th July 2012, 12:26 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for MBA in B-School after finishing BCA degree with 59% marks

Yes you are eligible as any graduate in any discipline can apply for this course. You just need to do your course from a recognized university.

As of now the scope of MBA is unparalleled. Today it is an attractive degree because of the pay packet it offers and also opens a lot of other avenues later as well.

But it is very important to do the course from a good B-School otherwise it is of no use.

A host of MBA entrance exams can be given out of which CAT. MAT or XAT is the most popular of all. Now you have to choose one based on your personal interest.

For CAT Exam you need to secure a decent 50% of marks at graduation level. It is 45% in case of SC/ST or candidates with physical disability. There is no age bar and you can give the exam as many times you want.

CAT Exam Pattern:

Visit: http://www.catiim.in/

For XAT exam the eligibility criteria is even more lenient as you have to pass at graduation level and then you can sit for this exam. However they asks for a 5 yr job experience which is mandatory. Just like CAT for this exam too there is no age limit as such and you are allowed to give this exam as many times you want.

The syllabus includes the following sections: Analytical Reasoning & Decision Making, Verbal ability & logical reasoning and Data Interpretation & Quantitative Ability.

The duration of each of the section is 40 minutes and for each answer you will get 1 marks. For every wrong answer however 1/3rd marks will be deducted from the original score.

Visit: http://www.xlri.ac.in

For MAT also there is no minimum marks required so a graduate in any discipline can apply for this exam. No age limit and no restriction on the no. of attempts too.

Registration forms for this exam is generally available from the bank of baroda, axis bank or AIMA in exchange of Rs. 500.

MAT Exam Pattern:

Language Comprehension
Data Analysis and Sufficiency
Indian and Global Environment
Mathematical Skills
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning

The pattern of the question is objective type and the duration of the paper is 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Visit: http://www.aima-ind.org/mat.aspx

MBA Specialization list: Marketing, finance, human resource, operation management, pharmaceutical management, insurance and risk management, telecom management, risk management, logistics and supply and chain management, hospitality and tourism, entrepreneurial Management etc.

Top MBA Colleges:

19th July 2012, 01:28 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for MBA in B-School after finishing BCA degree with 59% marks

You are definitely eligible for Masters in Business Administration course after BCA. Since you have completed BCA with 55 percent marks, you can virtually appear in every single MBA entrance exam there is in the country. MBA is among the good options as post graduate course after completing the BCA course. Once you have completed the BCA, there are option of management related jobs in top IT companies in India like HCL, Wipro and Infosys.

For students who want to pursue MBA after BCA, there are plenty of options to choose from:

MBA in marketing

MBA in production

MBA in marketing management

MBA in IT

MBA in software

MBA in computers

MBA in international business

MBA in travel and tourism

Now to get admission in the MBA college you will have to appear in any of the following entrance exams:

CAT

MAT

XAT

JMAT

EMAT

HP-CMAT

GMAT

If you are confused about which entrance exam to go for, let me help you out. The best option is CAT which means Common Admission Test. The reason being that the best B Schools in India like IIM accept the score of CAT for admission. The eligibility for CAT exam is that you need to secure at least 50 percent marks in case of General and 45 percent in case of SC/ST candidate. Luckily you have scored 55 percent marks which makes you eligible for the exam.

The other option in front of you is Management Aptitude Test. It is mostly for the people who fail to meet the requirement criteria of the CAT exam. You don't really require to take this test unless you fail to make the cut in CAT exam. There are several B Schools in India that accept the score of MAT. Some of the colleges are among the top B Schools in India.
19th July 2012, 10:34 PM
saminurrahaman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvijayvdm View Post
hi hello,sir
am finished my bca degree with 59 percentage of marks
can i eligible for MBA in Bschool
Yes You can. Most B-schools require 50% marks in graduation to appear in the entrance exam. You can give CAT, MAT, XAT etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?