31st December 2011, 08:41 PM
KEDARNATH DATTADRAYA MANE

Can I be eligible for NDA Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Mechanical Engineering?

I am studying in Mecha. Engi.{first year} Can I eligible for NDA Exam?

Related Questions:
  1. What's the age limit for NDA entrance exam? What's the eligibility criteria? I'm in 1st year engineering in Mechanical branch
  2. Am I eligible for NDA Exam being a candidate pursuing Diploma in Mechanical and with an age of 17 years?
  3. Can I apply for NDA 1 while pursuing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. What things should I do to clear my IAS or IES Exam in first attempt pursuing 1st year of Mechanical Engineering from IIT-Delhi?
  5. What should I do to join the Indian Army while studying medicine 1st year? -- [New]
  6. Is it possible for me to get a job in Army or Air Force after completion of diploma in Electrical engineering?
  7. What shall I do to join B.Sc being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering course?
  8. How can I give NDA exam after completing diploma? I am pursuing diploma in mechanical engineering
  9. Am I eligible to become a Pilot being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of Mechanical Engineering?
  10. What steps to be taken after 12th to become a pilot? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Am I eligible to write IES exam? I am pursuing B.Tech in mechanical engineering
  12. Am I eligible for Bank Exams after completion of 12th class being a candidate of pursuing 1st year of B.Com?
  13. Which books to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year in Mechanical Engineering?
  14. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  15. Can I do MA in Automotive Engineering from Germany after B.Tech in Production & Industrial engineering?
  16. Which Government Exams I can appear for being a candidate of pursuing final year of Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Is it possible to do 4 years course to appear for GATE? I am pursuing mechanical engineering in Malaysia
  18. Which course is a better choice for me between MBA, M.Sc and ME being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year BE in Mechanical Engineering?
1st January 2012, 03:13 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for NDA Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Mechanical Engineering?

You did not mention the age that you are possessing. In fact, this will play an important role in your eligibility to NDA Exam.

In order to be eligible for this NDA Exam, you should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

In addition, you should have completed 12th class with any of the stream from a recognized board in order to be eligible for Army wing.

But to be eligible for Navy and Air Force wings, you should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects.

Even the candidates who are pursuing final year of 12th class are also eligible to take up NDA Exam.

If you fulfill this criteria, then you are eligible to take up NDA Exam.

For this academic year, UPSC has completed both the NDA Exams.

So, you can appear for upcoming NDA Exam which is going to be conducted in the next academic year on 15-04-2012.

The last date to submit the application forms for this exam is by 30-01-202.

For more information on this Exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
1st January 2012, 08:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for NDA Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEDARNATH DATTADRAYA MANE View Post

You are now in 1st year B-TECH course so if your age is fulfill below criteria then you are eligible for NDA exam otherwise not.

NDA- NDA stands for National Defence Academy which exam is conducted by UPSC.

Educational Qualification:

(i) For Army wing of National Defence Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.

Age should be between 16.5 to 19 years

EXAM DATE FOR NDA EXAM:-

Date of commencement of notification : 31-12-2011
Last date to receive completed application forms : 30-01-2012
Date of NDA I Exam : 15-04-2012

I have attached the physical criteria document and NDA Form .So please cehck it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA.pdf(481.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: txt Physical Requirements for NDA.txt(3.2 KB, 46 views)
1st January 2012, 09:45 AM
akriti singhh

Arrow Re: Can I be eligible for NDA Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Mechanical Engineering?

yes if your age lies between 17 to 19
10th January 2012, 12:19 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEDARNATH DATTADRAYA MANE View Post

HI,

N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.
If your age is in between 16.5-19 year then you are eligible for the N.D.A exam.

After qualifying N.D.A exam you can join Defence services like:-
> Army
> Air Force
> Navy

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass 12th with recognized university
> Age limit:-16.5-19 year.
> Must be citizen of India
> Medically fit

There are three steep of selection:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

ALL THE BEST!
17th March 2012, 07:45 AM
Unregistered

m now 19yr old so can i give upsc exam?now m in be1st yr of electronics and communicatin branch
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?