29th October 2016, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in IIT AMU after scoring 70% marks in 10+2 (PCM)?

Respected Sir, I qualified 10+2 (PCM) with 70% marks. I want to know can I get admission in IIT AMU with such marks? If yes the please tell me the procedure of the same.

30th October 2016, 05:03 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT AMU after scoring 70% marks in 10+2 (PCM)?

No, you are not eligible to get the admission in IIT on the basis of 10+2 marks.

The admission in the IIT is offered only after qualifying in JEE. The examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced.

The candidates have to appear and qualify in both stages for final selection to the IIT. So, if you want to get the admission in IIT you have to appear and qualify in both stages. For more information about the examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
30th October 2016, 05:12 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT AMU after scoring 70% marks in 10+2 (PCM)?

For being eligible for getting admission in any IITs ( Indian Institute of Technology ) and hence IIT AMU you must appear and qualify both the stages of JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) i.e; JEE Main and JEE Advanced.

--> For appearing in JEE Main for admissions in IIT or NIT, you must have completed your Class 12th academics in PCM group with at least 60% aggregate from a recognized board of education. Also, your nationality must be of India with age lying under 25 years by 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

--> Further for appearing in JEE Advanced, you need to qualify JEE Main along with that much aggregate in your Class 12th board examination that makes you lie within the top 20 percentile candidates of your board. Students securing at least 75% in their board examination are directly eligible for JEE Advanced without any worry of this percentile theory.

So having secured 70% marks in Class 12th with PCM you are eligible for appearing in JEE Main for admission in IIT but only this is not enough for getting admission in IIT and hence you satisfy all the above discussed criteria for must.

For further details about JEE, you can visit the official link of JEE Main i.e; www.jeemain.nic.
30th October 2016, 05:58 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and it is a premier institute for the engineering course.

To get the admission in it the candidate have to appear and qualify in the JEE. JEE is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced.

The candidates after qualifying in Main and among the top 20 percentile scorer in board examination are eligible to appear for Advanced examination.

So, you if you have above qualification you can appear for the examination and after qualifying in it eligible for the admission in course.
30th October 2016, 06:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I qualified 10+2 (PCM) with 70% marks. I want to know can I get admission in IIT AMU with such marks? If yes the please tell me the procedure of the same.
If you qualify in JEE Main exam, then you are eligible to get admission in IIT AMU.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main exam
. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
31st October 2016, 03:13 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

To getting seat in IIT only pass 12th class is not enough. IIT's (Indian Institute of Technology) are the reputed firms/Institutes of our India. To take admission here is not an easy work. To get admission here person will be clear the JEE mains exam first.
The selection in IIT is based upon the weight-age of 12th class marks and marks of JEE mains exam. In JEE mains exam the 40% weight-age is taken from 12th class marks and rest 60% weight-age taken from JEE mains exam marks. And than final score is make.
Than your rank is made and on the basis of that rank you can take admission in IIT's NIIT's . So to take admission in IIT's your JEE mains score and 12th class score both are necessary.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?