27th October 2016, 12:27 AM
yuvraj974

Can I teach in school after completing B.Tech and without giving TET exam? Provide the details about TET

Hello Sir, I have completed B.Tech and I want to Teach in a school, some body said that TET is compulsory but I don't know what is TET & what qualification is required for TET? Please help me out.

31st October 2016, 01:16 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I teach in school after completing B.Tech and without giving TET exam? Provide the details about TET

TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test and it is an entrance examination held for recruitment of teachers in various government schools.

Basically TET are of two kinds, one is CTET ( Central Teacher Eligibility Test ) held by CBSE for recruitment of teachers in CBSE affiliated government schools like Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jawarhar Navodaya Vidyalaya, etc. where as other one is State TET are held by concerned State board of education for recruitment of teachers in state government schools.

Now as fas as you are concerned about becoming teacher without qualifying TET then you are not eligible for teaching any government school but if your have done B.Ed ( Bachelor of Education ) then you can look for your recruitment in CBSE affiliated private school vacancies.
31st October 2016, 03:04 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I teach in school after completing B.Tech and without giving TET exam? Provide the details about TET

TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test and the entrance examination is conducted for recruitment of teacher in government schools. The examination is conducted by state education board.

The common qualification to appear for the examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from recognised university with B.Ed degree.

So, you need to pursue B.Ed course other than having B.Tech course to appear for examination for recruitment as teacher.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?