27th October 2016, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in IIT for pursuing B.Tech after scoring 57% marks in class 12?

Hello Sir, I have passed in my 12th boards scoring 57% marks but I want to pursue my B.Tech from IIT. What if I appear again in class 12th exam and score good marks so that I can easily get admission in IIT?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get admission in Delhi University for pursuing B.Sc course after scoring 89.2% marks in class 12th?
  2. How much marks are required in B.Tech to enter into IIT? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How can I get admission in IIT or NIIT after scoring 53.26% marks in B.Tech
  4. Can I take admission in IIT in Aeronautics or Aerospace after pursuing B.E in Mechanical? What is the procedure?
  5. Can I join IIT after completing class 12th scoring 86.4% marks? When is the new session of Allen Institute starting?
  6. What are the available scholarship plans for students scoring 85-90% marks in class 12 With CBSE? -- [New]
  7. Am I eligible to appear for IIT exam after completing class 12th with 60% marks?
  8. How to do M.Tech in IIT after pursuing B.Tech 2nd year Aeronautical engineering?
  9. How can I pursue BE Computer Engineering after scoring 75% marks in class 12th Science?
  10. Am I eligible to get admission for Ph.D in IIT or NIT after scoring 45 marks in GATE?
  11. Probability of getting in IIT after scoring 49 marks? If not IIT then can I into NIT?
  12. Can I get admission in IIT B.E B.Tech in 2nd year after passing 10th class by Punjab Board and while pursuing diploma in 6th semester upto 70% in mechanical engineering in LPU?
  13. Which is the best course between M.Sc and MCA after completion of B.Sc? Can I get job after scoring 52% marks in 12th Class?
  14. Will I get admission in any IIT, NIT after scoring 24 marks?
  15. What is the minimum marks required in class 10th to get admission in IIT for Engineering?
  16. In which college will I get admission for pursuing B.Sc if I scored less marks in Biology of class 12th?
  17. What are my chance of making into IIT after scoring 163 marks in IIT JEE?
  18. How much marks is required for a 40 percentage physically disabled candidate to get admission in IIT through JEE?
27th October 2016, 07:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT for pursuing B.Tech after scoring 57% marks in class 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I have passed in my 12th boards scoring 57% marks but I want to pursue my B.Tech from IIT. What if I appear again in class 12th exam and score good marks so that I can easily get admission in IIT?
As per your 12th standard marks, you are eligible for IIT entrance exam which is conducted for B.Tech admission.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT-JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
27th October 2016, 09:36 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT for pursuing B.Tech after scoring 57% marks in class 12?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and IITs are known to be the best technical colleges of India. Also for taking admission one need to qualify both the stages of JEE.

--> JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and the same examination is held once every year by CBSE in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

--> Also for appearing JEE Main you must have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying under 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with PCM group with at least 45% aggregate in the same from a recognized board of examination.

--> Further for appearing in JEE Advanced, you need to qualify JEE Main with that much aggregate in your board examination that makes you lie within the top 20 percentile students of your respective board or at least 75% aggregate whichever is the smaller.

So having secured only 57% in your Class 12th you are not eligible for admission NIT or IIT as for these the minimum marks in the board examination must be at least 60%. Also one thing I would like to clarify you that if you are interested in reappearing in your Class 12th board examination then you must reappear in all of your papers for your eligibility.

For more details regarding JEE you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
27th October 2016, 10:37 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in IIT for pursuing B.Tech course, you should have to appear in JEE Main and Advanced examination after completion of your 12th standard with PCM stream from a Government recognised board.

To be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination, you have to appear, qualify and secure top 2,00,000 rank including all categories in JEE Main examination and you should have secured at least 75% (70% for SC/ ST) aggregate marks in your 12th standard or you should be in top 20 percentile of high scorers of 12th standard board examinations.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have secured 57% marks in your 12th standard, so, you need to improve your aggregate marks in your 12th standard and secure good rank in JEE Advanced examination to get admission in IIT for pursuing B.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?