15th February 2016, 01:27 PM
zxczxc17855

Can I get admission in IIT out of Gujarat? How does CBSE and GSEB affect college admission?

Can i get admission in iit out of gujarat if i have done gseb board? How does cbse and gseb board affect college admission?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the admission procedure in GUJCET for CBSE students born in Gujarat?
  2. Should my daughter continue with CBSE or shift to GSEB in order to do Bioscience/Biotech? Reputed colleges in Gujarat offering the course?
  3. GSEB or CBSE for admission in engineering?
  4. Difference between GSEB, GUJECT and PMT?
  5. Which board is better between CBSE and Gujarat board for admission in medical college
  6. GSEB, CBSE or ICSE which board is better for 2 years old kid?
  7. Is this true that all Gujarat schools are converting to CSEB?
  8. CBSE or Gujarat State Board, which one covers the format of JEE Mains? Whose priority is more at the time of admission at any engineering college in Gujarat?
  9. How to take admission in Gujarat in BSc after completion of 12th CBSE?
  10. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Am I eligible to get admission for B.Tech in Gujarat under 75% reserved seat?
  12. Can I get admission in engineering college at Gujarat if studying 12th from CBSE Board?
  13. How can I get the admission in engineering college? Can I be eligible for GUJCET exam entrance test if I am taking admission in CBSE for 11th and 12th in Gujarat?
  14. Which board to choose after passing 10th, CBSE or GSEB?
  15. Whether a candidate is required to submit Domicile certificate for GUJCET if completed 10th from outside Gujarat?
  16. Can I get admission in IIT being a 12th Science GSEB candidate?
  17. Which board to choose between Gujarat Board or CBSE board after 12th?
  18. Which board is more better CBSE or GBSE for pursuing MBBS?
15th February 2016, 08:33 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT out of Gujarat? How does CBSE and GSEB affect college admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxczxc17855 View Post
Can i get admission in iit out of gujarat if i have done gseb board? How does cbse and gseb board affect college admission?
Yes, definitely you can get admission in other IITs as well.

Though you have completed your education from GSEB Board, even then you can get admission in other IITs established in different states of India if the seats are available for you.

CBSE and GSEB Board does not affect college admission of IITs.

However, NITs and IIITs have a certain amount of fixed seats that are reserved for home-state candidates.

So, if you are seeking admission for IITs, then it does not matter whether you had studied from GSEB or CBSE Board.
15th February 2016, 09:50 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT out of Gujarat? How does CBSE and GSEB affect college admission?

For admission in Indian Institute of Technology, you must crack both stages of Joint Entrance examination known as JEE Main and Advanced.

*Joint Entrance Examination is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. JEE Main score is used for admission in NITs, IIITs etc. Those who qualify JEE Main exam can only apply for JEE advanced exam for IIT admission.

* You can apply for JEE exam no matter from which board you have done 10+2. You must have studied physics, chemistry and mathematics in 10+2. Percentage of marks is taken into consideration. CBSE and GSEB does not affect college admission.
15th February 2016, 11:35 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You can get admission in Indian Institute of Technology even if you have done 10+2 from Gujarat State Education Board. Board does not matter for admission in Indian Institute of Technology. What matters is what is your rank in Joint Entrance Examination and overall percentage of marks in 10+2 board exams.

As compared to GSEB, it is a bit easy to score marks in Central Board of Secondary Education. This is the only difference. You have already completed your board exams, so nothing to worry about this. Perform well in main and advanced exam for admission in IIT.
15th February 2016, 11:39 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for getting admission in Indian Institute of Technology is:

1. Higher secondary with PCM subjects.

2. 50% marks or more in Higher Secondary.

3. You must qualify JEE Main and Advanced.

No, board plays any role in getting admission.
16th February 2016, 10:53 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Of course you can get admission in IIT that are out of Gujrat. For your information,CBSE and GSEB does not affect admission in IITs. You have to full fill following criteria:
i)You must have Physics,Chemistry and Math as a compulsory subject in +2.
ii)your marks should be 50% or above than this in aggregate.
iii)Maximum attempt in IIT entrance exam (JEE) is 3
Please note that following information
i) JEE conducted in two parts: a) JEE Main b) Jee advance
a)Jee main :Eligible candidate can appear in this exam.
b)JEE advance : to appear in JEE advance your rank should under 1.5 Lakh in All india basis in the Jee main exam.Otherwise you will not be eligible for JEE Advance.
ii)JEE (Main) Merit List for NITs & IIITs is announced based on: 40% of XII Board (Normalised) + 60% of JEE (Main)
16th February 2016, 12:08 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

You can get admission in IIT eventhough you have passed GSEB or CBSE board. For IIT admission , You must have cleared JEE Advanced with good score. You should have atleast 130 marks in JEE Advanced to get admission in IITs.

JEE Advanced Eligibility
- You must be among 1,50,000 in JEE Main.
- You must have passed (10+2) on the 1st attempt.
- For JEE Advanced 2016 , You must have passed your 12th in the year 2015 or 2016.
- Your age must be less than 25 years on 1st October of the examination year.
- Maximum 2 consecutive attemps are allowed.
- You should not have taken admission in ISM or IITs.

JEE Advanced 2016 Dates
- Starts Online Registration : 29/04/2016
- Ends of Online Registration : 04/05/2016
- Downloads Admitcards : 11/05/2016
- JEE Advanced Exam : 22/05/2016
- Result Declaration : 12/06/2016
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?