28th August 2011, 02:26 PM

Can I get a better job after finishing my ECE? Companies which hire ECE students?

HI,i am a E.C.E student,can i get a better job when i finished this course?and also tell the company name those who have taken the E.C.E student.

28th August 2011, 03:09 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get good Job after the completion of ECE? Which Companies I can get Job?

The Job opportunities for the candidates who have done Engineering in ECE are growing at a rapid pace.

The job opportunities for these candidates will be provided by Manufacturers of
-Radio/Televison
-Audio/Visual
-Broadcasting and Receiving equipments
-Hardware and Associated Software including computer systems, interfaces, radio communications and telephone equipment.

The most important thing is that the development of the nation rests upon the shoulders of these electronics and communications engineers.

They can get job opportunities in companies like
-Nokia
-BHEL
-ISRO
-NTPC
-SAIL
-Samsung
-LG
-Motorola and in many more companies.

Getting a good job depends upon you. The more subject knowledge you have and the more utilize that, you can get good job.
28th August 2011, 03:27 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get good Job after the completion of ECE? Which Companies I can get Job?

For ECE stream candidate has good opportunities in both core and as well as in Software side,so here are the list of companies that you can apply for job.

Jobs in Government sector in core side:

Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited
Bharat Electronic Limited
National Thermal Power Corporation
ISRO
DRDO
BSNL JTO

Jobs in Private sector in software side:

Wipro
Infosys
Infotech
Sathyam Mahindra
28th August 2011, 03:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12343 View Post
HI,i am a E.C.E student,can i get a better job when i finished this course?and also tell the company name those who have taken the E.C.E student.
Dear friend,

After completion of your B-TECH , you are eligible for off-campus and govt sector.Final year studenta are eligible for those post.

If your academic marks is above 60% then you applicable for below organization.

After B.Tech , you have lots of scope in govt sector like BSNL , MTNL , DRDO , SAIL , BHEL ,State Electricity Board , GAIL , BARC,ISRO,ONGC,NTPC etc.

Also you are eligible for off-campus of TCS , CTS ,IBM ,WIPRO ,HP , ACCENTUTE ,INFOSYS etc.

Another govt sector jobs are UPSC exam and BANK PO exam.

If you have to go for higher study . Then the options are JRF , SRF , MS ,
MBA ,M-TECH ,PHD etc.

But you must be qualify in GATE or MAT or CAT exam .

All the Best
28th August 2011, 03:54 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

there is a huge demand for electronics students because of boost in communication industry.

so don't worry for jobs . study hard you will get job.

here is a list of companies where you should apply like

BSNL

BEL

NTPC

ISRO

AIR

SAMSUNG

AIRCEL

all the best.
28th August 2011, 04:27 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Well yes ECE is a very good branch and the students who have completed their engineering in this streams has very good career scope .There are many government and private sectors where you can earn a very good money .Other then this if you go for the Mtech then the your career will blossoms more.

Government sector ::

IES::This examination is conducted by the UPSC twice a year and the examination is done for the recruitment to the different post in the Indian engineering service .The eligibility criteria for the examination is you must have completed your engineering in any one of these streams ::

Mechanical
Civil
Electrical
Electronics and telecommunication

Since you have done in ECE which means that you are eligible for the examination if you are between 21 to 30 years for general ,21 to 35 years for SC/ST and 21 to 33 years for OBC students.

Civil service exam:: If you are interested in becoming the IAS ,IPS or want to join any other civil service post then you should appear for this exam . you are eligible for the examination if you are between 21 to 30 years for general ,21 to 35 years for SC/ST and 21 to 33 years for OBC students and you have done graduation in any streams .

Public and private sector Jobs are ::

Other then this there are many companies which recruit students are ::

BHEL
SAIL
ONGC
BEL
IRDA
SAMSUNG
NOKIA
IDEA
INFOSYS
TCS
BSNL

and many more

The eligibility criteria for these companies is that you must have passed your engineering in any streams with more then 60% marks and for some you should have score more then 65% marks

You can work in ::

Microwave industries
Communications
Robotics fields
Telecommunications Systems
Hardware Manufacturing .
VLSI Design and Chip
28th August 2011, 04:55 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
As you are doing your bachelor degree in electronics and communication engineering , then you will get a huge opportunity to get a job..
Because ECE is a branch from where you can apply for any field..
You can apply for core technical jobs as well as you can apply for software jobs..
After completion of B.tech in ECE , you can apply for core technical jobs like-

1.ISRO
2.DRDO
3.BARC
4.NTPC
5.ONGC
6.BHEL
7.BEL
8.SAIL
9.BSNL
10.Tata communication
11.Rilaence
etc..

Beside this you can apply for software jobs like-
1.TCS
2.CTS
3.WIPRO
4.IBM
5.INFOSYS
6.CAPE GIMINI
etc..

So, don't worry.. You will definitely get a huge opportunity..
All the best.
28th August 2011, 06:14 PM
rasiris

do not be tensed on this point ..
u have to do following things if u want to get a good job

1>maintain a good aggregate when u finish ur engineering (above 70% is considered as very good) if u have good aggregate u can appear in big n good companies,or who knows u might get selected in ur core company at ur college campus

2>do not be a rattu try to absorb the concepts because when u go outside this thing really comes in play..

thats is all..
28th August 2011, 06:16 PM
rasiris

one company i wud like to add in above list

BEL(bharat electronics ltd.)
28th August 2011, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get a better job after finishing my ECE? Companies which hire ECE students?

Dear user,
You can get a job in the core field only if you have enough knowledge in the corresponding field. Choose a particular domain in ECE dept. Prepare well. Be strong in the concepts. You can get a job automatically.

You can also join courses, to upgrade your domain knowledge.

We offer courses in VLSI, Embedded system Design and matlab.

We give free seminar for the courses. Register with us earlier to confirm the dates. You can reach me at [email protected]

Regards,
Sivakumaran
Silicon Design Automation
No.100, Trunk Road,
Karayanchavady,
[ Near poonamallee]
Chennai-56.
9th September 2011, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get a better job after finishing my ECE? Companies which hire ECE students?

Hello! I want to ask that i failed in one subject during my b.e. But by hardwork i completed b.e with above 70% marks & have a very good technical knowledge. Can i get good job?
Now i am preparing for GATE.PLEASE SUGGEST ME!!
21st November 2011, 12:50 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

he job opportunities for these candidates will be provided by Manufacturers of
-Radio/Televison
-Audio/Visual
-Hardware and Associated Software including computer systems, interfaces, radio communications and telephone equipment.

The most important thing is that the development of the nation rests upon the shoulders of these electronics and communications engineers.

-Nokia
-BHEL
-ISRO
-NTPC
-SAIL
-Samsung
-LG

Getting a good job depends upon you. The more subject knowledge you have and the more utilize that, you can get good job.

best fo luck
12th May 2012, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

which course is better to do after 12th for job oriented..?
11th October 2012, 05:36 PM
manas.career

Dear friend,

-Radio/Televison
-Audio/Visual

-Nokia
-BHEL
-ISRO
-NTPC
-SAIL
-Samsung
-LG

11th October 2012, 05:40 PM
manas.career

Dear friend,

-Radio/Televison
-Audio/Visual

-Nokia
-BHEL
-ISRO
-NTPC
-SAIL
-Samsung
-LG

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?