23rd March 2015, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

Can I get IITs or NITs having scored 42 in GATE 2015?

What is My chances If I score 42 in Mechanical Branch GATE 2015. Can I get IIT or NIT ??

Related Questions:
  1. Rank that one should obtain in GATE 2015 to get into IITs or NITs?
  2. Which all NITs or IITs offer Nanoelectronics? Study material to prepare for GATE?
  3. Chances in IITs and NITs after 95.6 percentile in GATE? Colleges where i can apply?
  4. Can I get IITs, NITs or DCE after scoring 573 in GATE, 2434 in electronics and communication engineering? I have scored 98.6 percentile
  5. Can I get into IIT after scoring 41 marks in GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. In which NITs or IITs can I get admission after scoring 587 in GATE?
  7. What can I expect from my score 34.39 marks in GATE CS if I am from SC category? Can I get into IITs or NITs?
  8. Admission to IITs or NITs after 38 marks in GATE CS exam?
  9. Which is the best course in M.Tech for mechanical engineering students
  10. Fee structure to qualify for GATE? List of IITs, NITs and deemed universities?
  11. What is the procedure of admission in M.Tech(Mechanical)?
  12. IITs or NITs after 48-55 marks in CS GATE?
  13. Am I eligible for any universities, NITs or IITs after scoring 3467 in GATE? Can I get in Osmania University in Hyderabad?
  14. Chance of getting into NITs after GATE score of 49 (Mechanical)? Any chance of getting into IITs?
  15. Any chance to get into NITs after scoring 530 in GATE? Which NITs can I get?
  16. Can I get into IITs or NITs after scoring 44.33 marks with a rank of 2949 in GATE?
  17. Can I try for any of the BITS/NITS/IITs after scoring 392 in Mechanical Engineering in GATE with 9151 AIR?
  18. Any chance to get into IITs after scoring GATE rank of 2705 in Mechanical branch and 551 score? In which NITs can I get?
23rd March 2015, 12:07 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get IITs or NITs having scored 42 in GATE 2015?

If you belong to general category, there is no chance of getting IITs or NITs for pursuing Master's degree in Technology depending upon your marks and ranks secured in GATE 2015.

The main reason is that the paper of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering for mechanical stream was a bit easy this year, so lots of students have secured marks in the range 40-60 and seats are less.

However, if you belong to OBC or SC/ST category there is chances of getting National Institute of Technology for your master's degree.
23rd March 2015, 08:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

It will be difficult to get admission in IITs with this score but you may have chance in NITs with this score. The cut off score varies for Mechanical Engineering the cut off is usually high compared to other streams. If you are going for other streams which are not so popular then you may fancy your chances.

The admission is also affected by factors like category. If you belong to General category then it becomes a bit difficult to get admission with a score that you have got but if you belong to reserved category then this score is good for admission.
23rd March 2015, 10:04 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hello Friend,

Admission in M.tech through GATE is depend upon GATE Score and GATE ranking.

42 in Mechanical Engineering in good score in GATE which means you have GATE ranking within 3000.

But it is not sufficient to get admission in IIT for M.Tech.From previous statistics candidate have to score at least 60 to GATE admission in IIT.

However you can try in NIT.For NIT 45-40 score required in GATE.

Regards,

er.animesh6
29th March 2015, 05:48 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

I think it will be tough getting IITor NIT on the marks which you obtained in the GATE 2015 in Mechanical Trade for the general category students to pursue their M.Tech degree.

But if you belong to the other category candidates then you will try for it.

I think according to your GATE score 42 your rank is near by 3000. So on this you cant afford it to IIT.
30th March 2015, 02:22 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

It depend on your category.If you will be from general category then there is no chance to get government colleges like IITs Or NITs. Because there are a large number of students who have got more than 50 marks in the gate paper but you have got only 42.

But if you will be SC/ST category then there is no doubt at all that you are going to get any top and reputed college in India.
Once you will get any reputed college like NIT and IIT you will get a monthly income of 12000 INR.

So please visit to the official website of Gate which is www.gate.iitk.ac.in.

Read the information carefully and fill the choice of your college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?