31st July 2013, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a job in railway department after completing B.E in Civil Engineering with 79.5%

dear sir/madam,
I completed my B.E in civil engineering with 78.5%. can i get jobs in railway department?

27th May 2015, 11:35 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a job in railway department after completing B.E in Civil Engineering with 79.5%

Yes,you can get a job in railway department after completing B.E in Civil Engineering.
You can apply for the technical posts in Indian Railways.

Railway entrance examinations are held for the selection of technical and non – technical cadres in railway. The UPSC as well as the Central Government conducts the examinations for the recruitment of the candidates for various posts.

Railway selection procedure is divided into two sections first is written test and second one is interview.

Railway written examination consist four parts:

General Awareness

Arithmetic Ability

Technical Ability

Test of Reasoning

For technical post,

The minimum qualification is Bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university with suitable typing speed in Hindi/English as per the requirement of the post.

The minimum age required to get railway job is 18 year and maximum is of 30 years.

Relaxation in age is given to the reserved category candidates according to the norms set by the government.

For non-technical post,

The candidate should have passed 10th or 12th as per the post requirement.

The candidate age should be in between 18 to 30 years of age.

Age Relaxation is given to the reserved category candidates according to the norms set by the government.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?