18th May 2012, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I give GATE Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of BE course?

can we give GATE in BE 3rd year

Related Questions:
  1. Can I give upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  2. Which Book to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in EEE?
  3. How should I start preparation for GATE Exam to get into NTPC being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester of ECE stream?
  4. Which books to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Am I eligible for upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in ECE? Validity of GATE score?
  6. Number of attempts for GATE Exam and Validity of GATE score card being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  7. Which books to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in EEE?
  8. How can I prepare for Placements being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  9. Am I eligible to give CDSE Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course? -- [New]
  10. Can I give CAT Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  11. Can I give CAT Exam this year being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering?
  12. Am I eligible for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  13. Can I give IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in Electronics?
  14. Percentage required for getting in any IIT college? Is it allowed to give GATE in 3rd year?
  15. Can I appear for GATE in 2nd year engineering just to get some idea? How often does GATE Syllabus change?
  16. How to become a RTO being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year IT?
  17. Information regarding Cut off marks for GATE Exam for PSE, NTPC and BHEL being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of BE in EEE?
  18. Can B.Tech 3rd years appear in GATE exam? -- [Most Discussed]
19th May 2012, 07:11 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give GATE Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of BE course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can we give GATE in BE 3rd year
No , you are not eligible to apply for this examination because to apply for this examination , you have to completed degree OR appearing in the final year of degree course .

GATE Stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering , this examination is conducted by the Indian Institute of Science and Seven Indian Institute of Technology .

GATE is conducted through the constitution of eight zones :-
  • Indian Institute of Science Bengaluru
  • Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
  • Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
  • Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
  • Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
  • Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
  • Indian Institute of Technology Madras
  • Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee

Eligibility Criteria :-

~~Applicant should have a completed Bachelor degree in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture from a recognized University and those who are appearing in the final year of degree course can also eligible to apply .

~~Applicant should have a completed Bachelor degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma)from a recognized University and those who are appearing in the final year of degree course can also eligible to apply .

~~Applicant should have a completed Master degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent qualification from a recognized University and those who are appearing in the final year of degree course can also eligible to apply .

~~Applicant's who are pursing in the pre-final year of degree course may not eligible to apply for this examination . But final year of degree course can apply for this examination .

How to Apply ????

~~Applicant have to apply only Online , there is no offline application .

Cost of Application :-

~~General / OBC :- 1000 / -

~~SC/ST/PD :- 500 / -

This year notification was already released and examination was already completed . Next notification will be publish in the month of Sept or Oct in the official website as well as leading news paper .

Official Website :- http://gate.iitk.ac.in/gate2012/index.php
19th May 2012, 09:05 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give GATE Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of BE course?

Hi,

No , you are not
eligible to apply for
this examination
because to apply for
this examination , you
have to completed
degree OR appearing in
the final year of degree
course .

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The candidate will be given Admission for M.tech. This exam will be conducted once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:

One should have completed Graduation in Engineering with any stream.

Candidate who are pursuing final year of Graduation course in Engineering can also apply for this exam.

Candidate who are pursuing Pre final year of Engineering course are not eligible to apply for this exam.

There is no age criteria to appear for this exam.

One can apply for this exam at any age if he full fill the require academic criteria.

There is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE exam.

All the best.
19th May 2012, 09:33 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........
The eligibility criteria for GATE exam are as follows........

The list of best books from where you can prepare for your exam .......

For more details visit official website of GATE.

Good luck.........
20th May 2012, 02:15 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

No, iam sorry to say this you are not eligible for GATE exam because the pre-final year candidates are not eligible, final year candidates are eligible for this exam.

Eligibility criteria:

The candidate should be complete graduation in any engineering stream from a recognised university.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Final year candidates are also eligible for this exam.

There is no age limit to appear this exam.

Application procedure wil be through only online, there is no available for offline procedure.

Application fee details:

For General / OBC : 1000 ,

For SC/ST/PD :-500.

For more details visit

http://www.gate.iitk.ac.in

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?