12th June 2013, 11:35 PM
MAUMITA BASU

Can I give IBPS this year for PO post? I have completed class 12th with 65%

Sir, can i give ibps this year for po post .i have completed class-12 with 65% marks & graduation with 41% in english (hons.).i want to know this because some new rules is going to be implemented .sir please reply my question.

13th June 2013, 09:08 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give IBPS this year for PO post? I have completed class 12th with 65%

IBPS - Institute of Banking Personal Selection conducts P.O. Exam for 19 Public Sector Banks.

After 12th, you will not be eligible to apply for P.O. exam as the minimum educational qualification for P.O. is Graduation Degree.

The eligible candidate aspiring for IBPS P.O. exam, must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 20 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good command over computer operation.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ibps.in
13th June 2013, 11:03 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give IBPS this year for PO post? I have completed class 12th with 65%

IBPS Stands Institute Banking of Personal Section

IBPS exam conducted for selection for Clerical & PO Jobs in 19 Public Sector Jobs

i.e

Allahabad Bank

Andhra Bank

Bank of Baroda

Bank of India

Bank of Maharashtra

Canara Bank

Central Bank of India

Corporation Bank

Dena Bank

Indian Bank

Indian Overseas Bank

Oriental Bank of Commerce

Punjab National Bank

Syndicate Bank

UCO Bank

Union Bank of India

United Bank if India

Vijaya Bank

Eligibility :

Nationality : Indian

Educational Qualification : Graduation in any stream from a recognized university

Age Limit : Min of age limit 21 years & Max of age limit 30 years

The upper age relaxation as per govt rules

3 years age relaxation for OBC Candidates

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST Candidates

Selection Process :

Written Test

Interview

IBPS 2013 Exam Dates :

New dates are not released

So waiting for notification , see Newspaper , IBPS web sites .......

Best Of Luck
13th June 2013, 11:42 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yes you are eligible for IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection) PO exam. IBPS conducting this exam under 19 public sector banks.

List of Public Sector Banks:-

Allahabad bank,

Andhra bank,

Bank of baroda,

Bank of india,

Bank of maharashtra,

Canara bank,

Corporation bank,

Central bank of india,

Dena bank,

Indian bank,

Indian overseas bank,

Oriental bank of commerce,

Punjab national bank,

Punjab and Sind bank,

Syndicate bank,

Union bank of india,

United bank of india,

UCO bank,

Vijaya bank.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be complete graduation or any bachelor's degree from a recognised university.

No need of percentage restrictions.

You must be a citizen of India.

Age criteria:-

The candidates age should be not lessthan 21 years and not morethan 30 years,

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates,

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates,

10 years relaxation for PWD candidates.

Selection process:-

Written exam,

Personal interview.

More information visit
www.ibps.in

All the best.
13th June 2013, 01:42 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAUMITA BASU View Post
Sir, can i give ibps this year for po post .i have completed class-12 with 65% marks & graduation with 41% in english (hons.).i want to know this because some new rules is going to be implemented .sir please reply my question.
You will not be eligible to apply for Bank PO Exam as per the new rules of Banking Entrance Exam.To apply for Banking Entrance Exam for getting jobs in Public Sector Undertaking banks you will require to meet these Eligibility conditions :

Educational qualification :-
  • Your minimum educational qualification should be Graduation pass out in any discipline from recognized university.
  • Your degree should be approved from the UGC/AICTE.
  • If you have a Distance Learning degree then your degree should be approved from the DEC(Distance Educational council).
Age Required :-
  • Your minimum age should be 21 years.
  • Your age should not exceed above 30 years.
Age Relaxation :- Age Relaxation facility will be given to the reserved category as per Indian Government rules.Its details are :
  • SC/.ST category - 5 years.
  • OBC category - 3 years.
  • Widows women's - 10 years.
  • Physically Handicapped - 8 years.
Marks required :-
  • Your minimum marks in Graduation degree course should be 60%.
Exam Pattern

Part A -
  • Total duration of this section will be 150 minutes.
  • Total number of questions will be 250.
  • Total number of section will be 5.
Part B -
  • Total duration of this section will be 1 hour.
  • Total number of questions will be 5.
Exam Syllabus

Part A -
  • Reasoning - 50 Marks.
  • English Language - 25 Marks.
  • Quantitative Aptitude - 50 Marks.
  • General Awareness - 50 Marks.
  • Computer Knowledge - 50 Marks.
Part B -
  • Descriptive paper on English Comprehension - 25 Marks.
13th June 2013, 03:22 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You have heard correctly about the new rules. Unfortunately these rules will be implemented this year which means you can not appear for the IBPS Bank PO entrance exam.

This piece of news has been confirmed to newspapers by the officials from Institute of Banking Personnel Services. The examination will take place in September while the notification for the exam will be released in August.

Earlier a graduation degree was sufficient enough to appear for the IBPS Bank PO, but from now you need to meet a percentage criteria. Unfortunately you are not meeting this criteria.

Due to the new rules you can't apply for the IBPS Bank PO however it is possible to apply for the IBPS Clerk entrance exam. I am writing down the new criteria for IBPS Bank PO which will clear all your doubts.

IBPS Bank PO Eligibility

1. You have to be citizen of India.

2. A valid under graduate degree.

3. 60 percent marks in graduation are required.

4. You should also have Computer Operating Skills. A diploma/degree in computers will be sufficient.

6. You can also have Computers/IT subject in 12th or college.

7. The age limit is now 20 to 28 years.

8. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

9. Five years relaxation for SC/ST.

10. Ten years relaxation for Person With Disability.
13th June 2013, 05:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have to wait for the notification of IBPS PO this year. The news is that you have to get 60% marks in Graduation for IBPS PO examination.

Previously it was Only Graduation degree with pass marks for IBPS PO

This years the IBPS Clerical required qualification is raised to Graduation in any discipline from 10+2. So it is expected that IBPS PO will eligibility will not be same as IBPS Clerical and 60% marks will be required for IBPS PO from this year.

So just wait for the notification and when you will apply for IBPS PO online you will come to know whether you are eligible or not because percentage of marks will be asked in the online application.

Age Limit for IBPS PO:

Age should be between 21 to 30 years if you are a General category . Age relaxation is available for other reserved categories.

OBC - 3 years relaxation

SC/ST - 5 years relaxation

PWD - 10 years relaxation

Selection Procedure:

-Objective Type Test

-Group Discussion and Personal Interview

Objective paper will be online and you have to clear the cut off in paper then only you will become eligible for GD and PI.

Negative marks will be given for every wrong answer which will be 1/4 per wrong answer.

For more information visit http://www.ibps.in

13th June 2013, 07:44 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Whatever you are thinking, that is as per the unofficial information. But as of now, you don't need to be worry about that.

Because that rule has not implemented till now.

But, most probably that rule of (having minimum 50% of marks in Graduation) with regard to academic criteria for IBPS PO Exam.

If that rule is implemented, then you are not eligible to give IBPS PO Exam as you have secured only 41% of marks in your Graduation.

You can confirm whether this rule is implemented or not by having a glance over the notification which will be released by IBPS for the recruitment of PO positions.

But, still you are eligible to apply for Bank Clerical positions.

If you are not eligible for PO Exam, then I suggest you to crack Clerk Exam.

Once you join as Clerk in a bank, then through internal exams or through Internal job postings, you can join as PO.

Try this way to join as PO instead of disappointing yourself.

The selection procedure for PO or Clerical positions will be by
Written Exam
Interview

After the completion of written exam, some cut off marks will be decided for each category.

The candidates who have secured more than the cut off marks are eligible to appear for the Interview.

If you get through Interview also, you will be given job opportunity in the bank.

Bank job offers good job security, salary and so many benefits. So, prepare well for the written exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
15th June 2013, 10:06 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Sorry to say but you cannot give the IBPS PO Examination to be conducted this year as per your educational qualifications.

There is no way out for candidates who have passed 12th no matter with whatever percentage they have passed to give the IBPS PO Exam as the minimum required educational qualification is graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

The Acronym "IBPS" Stands for Institute Of Banking Personnel Selection. From 2011 onwards , most of the public sector banks finalized to setup a single governing organization which will conduct common written examinations for Bank Clerical as well as Bank PO Posts for these 19 public sector banks.

The IBPS Participating banks are :

The Eligibility Criteria Required for IBPS PO Examination are :

* The candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* The candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in graduation considering them to belong from general Category.

* Relaxation of 5% marks is given to Reserved Category candidates.

* The age of the candidate must lie in between 21-30 years.

* For OBC Candidates , relaxation of 3 years is given.

* For SC/ST candidates , relaxation of 5 years is given.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
16th June 2013, 12:52 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection.

LIST OF BANKS

Allahabad Bank
Andhra Bank
Bank of Baroda
Bank of India
Bank of Maharashtra
Canara Bank
Central Bank of India
Corporation Bank
Dena Bank
Indian Bank
Indian Overseas Bank
Oriental Bank of
Commerce
Punjab National Bank
Syndicate Bank
UCO Bank
Union Bank of India
United Bank if India
Vijaya Bank

Eligibility:

You should be indian.

You should complete the Graduation.

Percentage not required.

Your age limit is between 21 to 30 years.

Upper age relaxation is applicable.

3 years for OBC

5 years for Sc/st

10 years for Ph.

Selection Process:

Written Test

Interview

All the best.
17th June 2013, 01:17 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

Eligibility of IBPS:

Candidate must have degree form a recognized university.

Candidate must be citizen of India

There is no percentage required

Candidate age should be 21 to 30 years.

for general candidates 21 to 33 years

for SC/ST candidates 21 to 35 years.

for PH Candidates 21 to 40 years.

Participating Banks

Dena Bank
Andhra Bank
Allahabad Bank
Canara Bank
Bank of Baroda
Central Bank of India
Indian Bank
Oriental Bank of Commerce
Bank of India
Union Bank of India
UCO Bank
Punjab National Bank
Bank of Maarashtra
Corporation Bank
Vijaya Bank
United Bank of India
Indian Overseas Bank
Union Bank of India
Syndicate Bank

regards.....santhosh..............
1st July 2013, 11:48 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAUMITA BASU View Post
The notification for IBPS PO Exam 2013 is likely to come out in the month of August. Probably like you are saying some new rules might be implemented this time for eg, they might ask for 60% of marks to sit for the PO Exam and pass marks for Clerk exam and the age limit for both these posts can be between 20-28 years for general category. Now there is no concrete proof at hand to confirm this news at the moment. So you have to wait till the next notification comes out. For your benefit here i am sharing with you the eligibility criteria of 2012 for the post of PO.

IBPS PO Exam Eligibility Criteria:-

=> Nationality:-

You need to be a citizen of India.

=> Educational Qualification:-
  • You need to be a graduate in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university or a deemed university recognized as such by the Central Government.
  • The minimum percentage to acquire at graduation level has not been mentioned so pass marks is enough.

=> Local Language Proficiency:-

You need to be proficient in the local language of the State where you are applying.

=> Computer Literacy:-

You need to have the operating and working knowledge of computer systems. Possessing a certificate to prove your knowledge important.

=> Age Criteria:-

Your age should not be lower than 18 years when applying and it should not exceed the upper age limit of 28 years.

=> Age Relaxation:-

There is upper age limit relaxation for the following candidates:-
  • SC/ST Candidates: 5 years
  • OBC Candidates: 3 years
  • PWD Candidates: 10 years

=> Exam Pattern:-

Subject Areas To Look At:-
  • Reasoning- 50 Questions- 50 Marks
  • English Language- 50 Questions- 25 Marks
  • Quantitative Aptitude- 50 Questions- 50 Marks
  • General Awareness- 50 Questions- 50 Marks
  • Computer Knowledge- 50 Questions- 50 Marks
  • Descriptive Paper on English Composition- 25 Marks

Top IBPS PO Exam Books To Follow:-
  • CWE IBPS PO Management Trainee Examination: Practice Papers + Solved Papers (Set of 2 Books) (Paperback) by Sachchida Nand Jha
  • Success Master IBPS Institution of Banking Personnel Selections CWE Bank PO Probationary Officers / Management Trainees Exam (Paperback) by Arihant Experts
  • Comprehensive Guide to IBPS-CWE Bank PO 2nd Edition (Paperback) by Disha Experts
  • IBPS-2013 Common Written Examination: Bank P.O / M.T. Recruitment Exam (Paperback) by GKP
  • Target IBPS-CWE Bank PO/ MT Practice Workbook: 15 Objective + Descriptive Tests (With CD) (Paperback) by Disha Experts
  • IBPS PO/MT Bank Probationary Officers Management Trainees: Common Written Examination 1st Edition (Paperback) by T. S Jain
  • IBPS Bank PO Avum Clerk Parikshaao ke Liye Sampurna Pustak Banking Jagrukta (Hindi) (Paperback) by Expert Compilations

Hope this helps :-> :->
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?