4th August 2012, 12:42 AM

Can I give NET JRF exam of December after doing MCA correspondence from Panjab Technical University

I am doing MCA(Correspondence) from Panjab Technical University Affialated From AICTE Approved And UGC Recognise. Can I give Net JRF exam Of December 2012.While My Age Is 24 years Old

Related Questions:
4th August 2012, 07:31 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give NET JRF exam of December after doing MCA correspondence from Panjab Technical University

My friend correspondence or regular, it does not matter as long as your university is recognised and you meet other eligibility criteria for the Junior Research Fellowship set by the CSIR-UGC for the National Eligibility Test.

NET is the exam in which you will appear for Junior Research Fellowship. The exam is conducted twice a year in June and December. Since NET exam is also for the post of lecturer you need to mention in the admission form whether you are applying for the JRF or the lecturer job. You can also apply for both in the admission form.

As the selection for Junior Research Fellowship is done through University Grant Comission National Eligibility Test, it is important to meet all the required criteria else you will de disqualified.

Eligibility:-

Candidates must score 55 percent marks in the masters degree.

Those who belongs to SC/ST/PH category are required to score 50 percent marks in masters course.

Those who are in the final year of post graduate course are also welcomed to appear in NET. However in case if they failed to complete the course or could not meet the percentage requirement, they will be disqualified.

All candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their masters course. In case your subject is not in the list, pick any related subject.

The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

The upper age limit is relaxed up to 5 years for candidates from SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PH/VH categories.

Kindly note that it is important for CSIR Junior Research Fellows to register for PhD within 2 years of joining their fellowship, else their fellowship may be terminated.
4th August 2012, 11:33 AM
BHAUMIK K. PATEL

Default Re: Can I give NET JRF exam of December after doing MCA correspondence from Panjab Technical University

HII,

Eligibility:-

Candidates must score 55 percent marks in the masters degree.

Those who belongs to SC/ST/PH category are required to score 50 percent marks in masters course.

Those who are in the final year of post graduate course are also welcomed to appear in NET. However in case if they failed to complete the course or could not meet the percentage requirement, they will be disqualified.

All candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their masters course. In case your subject is not in the list, pick any related subject.

The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

The upper age limit is relaxed up to 5 years for candidates from SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PH/VH categories.

good luck.
6th August 2012, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

I WANT TO KNOW THE PROCEDURE OF NET AND ALSO THE JRF
4th September 2012, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

can i give exam of jrf after doing msc.IT
10th September 2012, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

sir plz tell me if i do my msc. in wildlife. am i eligible to give the exam of jrf.
16th June 2015, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Can i give NEt exam i have done MCA from Amritsar college of engineering and technology which is aicte approved not ugc approved
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?