11th July 2011, 01:27 AM
kamal44

Can I go for IPS Exam after securing 66% in B.Sc. IT through Distance Education?

i did BSC.IT 66% in distance education can i go for IPS exam ? Thank you all

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to give IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Distance Learning from KSOU?
  2. Can a Diploma in ECE(Regular) and B.Sc(IT) in distance mode sit in IPS exam? Eligibility criteria to sit in IPS exam? -- [New]
  3. Am I eligible to appear for level exam while doing BSc Maths from Annamalai University through distance education?
  4. Can I get a job in ISRO or any bachelor astronomy course after completion of distance education in BSc Physics?
  5. Am I eligible for SSC graduate level exam after doing BSc maths from Annamalai University through distance education?
  6. How to do BSc in Psychology through distance education?
  7. Which are the colleges in CG in which I can do correspondence course? I have done PG in History
  8. Can I complete BSc Biochemistry by any way through distance education?
  9. Am I eligible for UPSC exams after graduating from distance education in one year?
  10. Name of the colleges for MSc Zoology correspondence course/
  11. Can distance education students appear for E-CET exam?
  12. List of AICTE approved colleges or universities in India for correspondence course in Electrical? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to join MSW distance education programme?
  14. Am I eligible to appear for SSC graduate level exams after BSc Maths through distance?
  15. Names of the best institutes/universities for correspondence in MSc Zoology?
  16. Am I eligible to do IPS after doing BCA from distance education
  17. Can I be eligible to apply for IAS or IPS after completing degree in distance education
  18. Universities in Tamilnadu for BL through distance education? Is it good to study BL through distance?
12th July 2011, 03:10 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go for IPS Exam after securing 66% in B.Sc. IT through Distance Education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal44 View Post
Yes, You are eligible for IPS examination, because to apply for IPS Examination, You need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

So, If your college was recognised then yes you are eligible to apply for IPS Examination. So, to become IPS Officer You need to apply for UPSC Civil services examination and the examination was held every year in two stages, First Preliminary exam and then Main examination.

Eligiblity Criteria -

- Degree from a recognised University in any discipline.
- Your age should be 21 to 30 year.
- Final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for This examination.

The Notification was published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC official website the notification generally published in the month of February every year.

Firstly you have to crack the preliminary examination and then you are eligible to apply for Main examination. The Preliminary examination pattern was changed and this examination was compulsory for all and in this examination there are 2 papers of same marks and same duration. The pattern are availiable in the Notification, So i have attached the notification please read the notification properly, if you want to crack the UPSC Civil services examination.

Eligible candidates may fill the online application form from the official UPSC website And general candidates will gets only 4 attempts to crack this examination and for more details regarding Civil services examination then please visit the UPSC website -

http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 44 views)
12th July 2011, 03:38 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I go for IPS Exam after securing 66% in B.Sc. IT through Distance Education?

Dear Friend,

The minimum qualification required to appear in IPS examination is Graduation.
There is no restriction imposed on a candidate who passes the Graduation exam through distance education or not.The only requirement needed is that the Graduation Degree should have been acquired from a recognized Institute.

So,if the Institute from which you have passed your B.sc IT is recognized then you are very much eligible to appear for the IPS examination.

Best Wishes.....
12th July 2011, 03:42 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

why you do this type of graduation course in distance moce?

because this is the important part of your life

friend you are not eligible to give IPS exam...

some question paper for IPS exam is:--
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IPS EXAM PAPER_1.pdf(277.2 KB, 84 views)
File Type: pdf IPS EXAM PAPER_2.pdf(149.9 KB, 64 views)
File Type: pdf IPS EXAM PAPER_3.pdf(135.9 KB, 71 views)
12th July 2011, 03:43 PM
naveen7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal44 View Post
Hello
yes you are eligible because for IPS exam you need to be graduated with any stream and with any way of learning but most important thing your university and college should be recognised or UGC approved.dear information seeker, the eligibility criteria for joining the Indian police Services is that an aspirant should be a minimum garduate from a recognised university or a college in India. He/She should be 21 years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination. The UPSC stands for union public service commision. This body is responsible for conducting various union level examination. Of them one is the Indian Civil Services Examination, held each year. The examination is a Three tier process. The priliminary examination is objective in nature. it is a day process and held each other in the month of May. In August the resulte are declared and the successful candidates are called for appearing in the Mains examination, which is spread in the months of october and November. In december the UPSC brings out a notification for the next years examination. In March your Main examination result is declared. April-May you are called for the interviews...Selected,you dont have to reappera in the next Preliminary.... so best of luck and focus straight on success..
12th July 2011, 04:18 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

The educational qualification needed for IPS is a graduation in any field from any recognized university.

So in that case you are eligible.

You also have to fulfill some other criteria like:

1. Your age should be between 21 years to 30 years. 33 years in case of OBC, 35 years in case of SC/ST.

2. Your eyesight should be 6/6.

3. Your height should be 165cms

4. your hearing should be clear and should not stammer while talk.

For any further query, visit http://upsc.gov.in
12th July 2011, 05:51 PM
Uttam Nandi

Yes, you can write IPS.
IPS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year.
Minimum educational qualification is graduation from a recognised university.
You have done B.Sc IT in distance. You don't need to worry at all. Degree earned by correspondence courses carry same value. It's not at all different.
Another thing I would like to tell you is you should be aged between 21-30 years old at the time of examination. If your age hasn't exceed 30 years you can prepare for IPS exam without any fear in mind.
All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?