5th June 2016, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

Can a Diploma in ECE(Regular) and B.Sc(IT) in distance mode sit in IPS exam? Eligibility criteria to sit in IPS exam?

I have completed Diploma in Electronics and Communication 6 years ago and now studying B.Sc Information Technology through distance education. Am I eligible to sit in IPS exam after B.Sc?

12th June 2016, 01:44 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Diploma in ECE(Regular) and B.Sc(IT) in distance mode sit in IPS exam? Eligibility criteria to sit in IPS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed Diploma in Electronics and Communication 6 years ago and now studying B.Sc Information Technology through distance education. Am I eligible to sit in IPS exam after B.Sc?
Yes, you can appear for civil services examination (IAS, IPS etc) with B.Sc IT qualification. The eligibility to appear for civil services examination is a Bachelor’s Degree in any stream from a recognized university. The UPSC is conducting the civil services examination. The upper age limit is 32 years for general category, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. There are Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview for the selection. You can find the details in the UPSC website Official Website
12th June 2016, 08:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Diploma in ECE(Regular) and B.Sc(IT) in distance mode sit in IPS exam? Eligibility criteria to sit in IPS exam?

Yes, you can appear in IPS examination after completion of your B.Sc (IT) course from a recognised university. To become an IPS officer, you need to appear in Indian Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. To appear in IPS examination, you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21 to 32 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
13th June 2016, 04:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed B.Sc in IT through distance education, so you are eligible for IPS entrance exam if your degree is recognized by UGC.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

Those who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates.

Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?